Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 194 of 225
« First < 94144184192193194 195196204 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
Starscream 09:09 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
My Chippewas did lose to the Rockets, it wasn't a great performance in the second half, particularly the QB who threw 2 TD's to the other team. :-)

Last I checked, nothing that any fan did yesterday (or any day) helped win a baseball game, particularly ones watching from their home. I'm sorry, but any time some fan claims that "we won" or "No one can beat us", just isn't correct. We didn't win anything by being fans, the players won the game. Particularly when the only connection you have with the team is being a fan. College, Professional or otherwise, unless you are a part of the program in some capacity other than 'fan', you cannot include yourself as part of said team/university/college and claim 'we won'. :-)
It is correct, just by a different definition. The team won the game, and the fans won the right to celebrate, so in essence, we won too.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:10 PM 10-07-2012
Arroyo is flat out dealing right now!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:38 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Arroyo is flat out dealing right now!
Are we gonna win? :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 10:07 PM 10-07-2012
I believe we will, Tom.
[Reply]
hotreds 10:19 PM 10-07-2012
[Reply]
icehog3 10:34 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I believe we will, Tom.
We dood it, Hugh! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:52 AM 10-08-2012
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-)

Who said that our offense was terrible? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:54 AM 10-08-2012
I decided to take the day off of work tomorrow because... My cousin and I are going to the NLDS game 3 tomorrow :-)

We scored some seats on StubHub on the 1st base line for $112 each after fees :-)

Hopefully we will be able to clinch and sweep tomorrow. I have never been to a playoff baseball game before. So pumped! :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:54 AM 10-08-2012
Good onya! Would be good if WE take it in three!
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:14 AM 10-08-2012
Would love seeing the Reds SWEEP the Giants...I cannot stand Posey!!
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:30 AM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
...I cannot stand Posey!!
I am curious.... why?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:35 AM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I decided to take the day off of work tomorrow because... My cousin and I are going to the NLDS game 3 tomorrow :-)

We scored some seats on StubHub on the 1st base line for $112 each after fees :-)

Hopefully we will be able to clinch and sweep tomorrow. I have never been to a playoff baseball game before. So pumped! :-)
Have fun! $112 is cheap for playoff tickets
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:35 AM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I am curious.... why?
Because he cried like a b*tch at this years All Star Game that he couldn't catch Dickey (he said he didn't want to look inept). And Dickey didn't get the start due to that.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:45 AM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Have fun! $112 is cheap for playoff tickets
Thanks man. Should be a blast :-)

Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Because he cried like a b*tch at this years All Star Game that he couldn't catch Dickey (he said he didn't want to look inept). And Dickey didn't get the start due to that.
Gotcha. That sure is a b*tch move.
[Reply]
Brian D. 10:56 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Last I checked, nothing that any fan did yesterday (or any day) helped win a baseball game, particularly ones watching from their home. I'm sorry, but any time some fan claims that "we won" or "No one can beat us", just isn't correct. We didn't win anything by being fans, the players won the game. Particularly when the only connection you have with the team is being a fan. College, Professional or otherwise, unless you are a part of the program in some capacity other than 'fan', you cannot include yourself as part of said team/university/college and claim 'we won'. :-)
Hmm, seems like all of us who pay taxes in Hamilton County Ohio (where the Reds and Bengals have their publicly-funded stadiums*), especially those of us who live here, can use the term "we" with great accuracy in reference to the very existence of the teams in their current venues, not to mention their performances good or bad.

If the sales tax increase levy had failed, perhaps the teams would have ponied up the money themsel...oh heck I can't keep my tongue in cheek long enough to finish that sentence. One or both teams likely would have left town...which to me wouldn't have mattered a whit.

But since the tax increase passed and they are still here, occasionally crying out for a more public dollars for upkeep by the way, I think it's fine to say 'We won' or 'We sucked today' as conditions dictate. Sort of like how some folks describe their relationships on Facebook, "It's complicated" between the Reds, Bengals, and those of us who keep them in business here.

* I think 'stadia' is the preferred plural for 'stadium' but it sounds uppity. I don't mind being thought of as pompous or arrogant, however I draw the line at uppity. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:06 PM 10-09-2012
Nice review!
[Reply]
pnoon 05:11 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
Hmm, seems like all of us who pay taxes in Hamilton County Ohio (where the Reds and Bengals have their publicly-funded stadiums*), especially those of us who live here, can use the term "we" with great accuracy in reference to the very existence of the teams in their current venues, not to mention their performances good or bad.

If the sales tax increase levy had failed, perhaps the teams would have ponied up the money themsel...oh heck I can't keep my tongue in cheek long enough to finish that sentence. One or both teams likely would have left town...which to me wouldn't have mattered a whit.

But since the tax increase passed and they are still here, occasionally crying out for a more public dollars for upkeep by the way, I think it's fine to say 'We won' or 'We sucked today' as conditions dictate. Sort of like how some folks describe their relationships on Facebook, "It's complicated" between the Reds, Bengals, and those of us who keep them in business here.

* I think 'stadia' is the preferred plural for 'stadium' but it sounds uppity. I don't mind being thought of as pompous or arrogant, however I draw the line at uppity. :-)
Sorry, Brian. Your logic is somewhat flawed. By your argument, only locals can use we/us. If I live in Cincinnati but I am a fan of, say, the Atlanta Braves, am I permitted to refer to the Braves with the pronouns we and us?

Food for thought.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:39 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by Brian D.:

I pay said property taxes, and it is a pretty penny, but those property taxes do not, however, include me as part of either team.

Its like claiming that the Ben-Gals or Rosie Red helped win/lose a game. :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 06:43 PM 10-09-2012
I think there is a game going on here...

Bailey and Vogelsong both pitched well.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:31 PM 10-09-2012
This situation looks grim now.
Latos tomorrow on three days rest? Doesn't sound appealing. Leake or Arroyo on short rest for game five? No way we win that one.
[Reply]
Page 194 of 225
« First < 94144184192193194 195196204 > Last »
Up