Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 194 of 352
« First < 94144184192193194 195196204244294 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
spectrrr 02:34 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Yeah I know, I just keep kicking myself for not getting it sooner, I kept thinking to myself, I don't need it now, I'll get it another time or wait for a better deal. I've been sitting on a few lowers for a few years now.
I really wish I had a 308 lower right now...

I toyed with putting in a backorder on brownells, but god know when it would actually ship...
Remo 02:35 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Same here, that was back when we had a decent local firearms auction. They've since opened it up to online bids and the good deals are long gone.
We had a great local classified guns section, but they got scared and closed it up :-)
elderboy02 02:40 PM 01-04-2013
Luckily I have 2 complete AR's, 2 stripped lowers and 2 lower parts kits. I am set for a while. I stocked up in '08 when you know what happened.
Remo 02:41 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Luckily I have 2 complete AR's, 2 stripped lowers and 2 lower parts kits. I am set for a while. I stocked up in '08 when you know what happened.
About what I did brother! How are the glasses?
spectrrr 02:46 PM 01-04-2013
I wasn't in a financial position to do anything in 08... had just started working on beefing up things last month when the crap hit the fan... lol, now I'm beefing up far more than I planned.

Got one complete AR which I'm taking to the show tomorrow, I'll sell it if I get offered enough cash (honestly, a 22" barrel is just too much for me to shoot offhand anyway.... I need to work out more :-))
Parts enough for 2 complete AR's purchased while "IN STOCK" and supposedly shipping in a few weeks (coming from 4 different vendors). And some more stripped lowers beyond that on preorder, supposedly shipping end of Jan.....
forgop 03:54 PM 01-04-2013
I have 4 stripped lowers arriving to my FFL tomorrow that I just ordered on Dec. 21st. Average price was about $110 ea. Now just to find some DPMS rifle kits, assemble, and double my money on 3 complete AR's.
Blueface 04:33 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by forgop:
I have 4 stripped lowers arriving to my FFL tomorrow that I just ordered on Dec. 21st. Average price was about $110 ea. Now just to find some DPMS rifle kits, assemble, and double my money on 3 complete AR's.
I have never bought AR build parts. Didn't know you needed an FFL for that.
bonjing 04:38 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
for the lowers yes as they are the firearm, as for everything else, parts kit and uppers, no need an ffl.
emopunker2004 06:09 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Yep. The lower is the gun as far as the ATF is concerned. The upper and anything else u can have sent right to u.

.308 ammo can still be found for pretty good prices. Put some iron sights on the 10 so u can shoot it.

Blah my ffl won't be in til Monday so can't pick the kahr up until at least then.
emopunker2004 06:11 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by forgop:
Just go sell some lowers for $400 each and save the trouble of building them.
jsnake 06:51 PM 01-04-2013
I have talked to a few different people in the industry and it seems the holidays really set things back but companies have picked up production. Several sporting goods stores received pallets of AR's this week. Yes, pallets. Saw the pics. My local Walmart has AR's and ammo. I can get BCG's and parts no problem and they have been scarce for a couple weeks. I think the days of price gouging are coming to an end pending what happens in DC.

forgop, You get those rifles done I wouldn't mind buying one off you if you will ship to my FFL. I am just not ready to buy right this minute. Putting some funds together in the next couple weeks. Looking to buy a complete rifle in the next 4 weeks.
spectrrr 07:06 PM 01-04-2013
Here's an AR for $1000 that's supposedly in stock.

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/cat...in-30rd-black/
theonlybear4CORT 07:14 PM 01-04-2013
Tombstone is gtg.
spectrrr 07:25 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT:
Tombstone is gtg.
yup :-) (although occasionally computer inventory errors will affect anyone)

I ordered a PTR-91 from them earlier today at non-rape prices.
spectrrr 08:11 PM 01-04-2013
for those not following the funny pics thread, Ron posted a hilarious firearm related one.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...postcount=1367
Digs 08:26 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Think of it this way, if a ban happens that maybe it! (And I don't think it will but keeping my fingers crossed) Before this sh-t started early in the month I had already ordered:

-XDS .45
- Spikes tactile black Assain (ar)
-Yankee Hill YHM 8800 (ar)
- Noveske gen 2 AR (lower)
-20 lancer L5 mags
-10 p mags
-ergo F93 stock
- Troy micro BUIS for my sig 556
- rear matech BUIS sight

That's just one months worth, I am kind of freaked out what I will do with myself if there are no more rifles or pistols I want :-):-)

What do non gun people do with there free time and money ??????(hope I never have to find out)
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:34 PM 01-04-2013
What aspect of a caliber do you guys look for in a self defense round? I'm still looking around for a good handgun for self defense, and I like the 10mm auto round. G29 and G20 seems to be up my alley for a first handgun. I've shot both guns and they are fun to shoot. From what I've read, penetration is key. Not bullet size.
Robulous78 08:41 PM 01-04-2013
Cool Pictures, no whammy's...

DANGIT, All Whammy's... Oh well... Carry on... :-)
elderboy02 09:01 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
About what I did brother! How are the glasses?
Well, we don't get much sun this time of the year in OH, but the few times I have worn them, they have been great :-)

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
What aspect of a caliber do you guys look for in a self defense round? I'm still looking around for a good handgun for self defense, and I like the 10mm auto round. G29 and G20 seems to be up my alley for a first handgun. I've shot both guns and they are fun to shoot. From what I've read, penetration is key. Not bullet size.
I have a G20 as my bed side gun. I really like the 10mm round. I don't think I could carry it though as it weighs a ton. I carry a .38spl + p 5 shot revolver, or G23 .40
Remo 09:29 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
All comes down to personal preference, from a knock down standpoint a .45 is the best round, I seem to think a 9mm is fine as I can carry 13 rounds in my compact M&P, I have seen 9mm rounds go clear through a guys head at 25 yards (he stopped his criminal behavior at that point). But you need good ammo in whatever you are going to carry :-) that is the key!
Page 194 of 352
« First < 94144184192193194 195196204244294 > Last »
Up