Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 193 of 352
« First < 93143183191192193 194195203243293 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
Blueface 01:31 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Very sexy Carlos! For some reason I'm feeling tempted to bring my SKS to the next gunshow to see what I can trade it for :-)
I was offered $3,000 cash before I was able to leave the FFL. that would have been a $1,600 profit for a 20 minute ride but can't do it in good conscious. I prefer the toy over the money. With the money, I will end up spending it and not have either.
Remo 01:36 PM 01-04-2013
On a side note, my department decided not to issue the M&P's and are sticking with Glock, so I was able to buy my M&P for $400. 3 mags and night sights. Good deal.
spectrrr 01:37 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Very sexy Carlos! For some reason I'm feeling tempted to bring my SKS to the next gunshow to see what I can trade it for :-)
:-) I'm bringing my early Russian SKS to the show tomorrow. I never really liked the gun, but hung onto it because it wasn't worth enough to sell! Now it seems that it is... If it doesn't sell at the show tomorrow, I'll stick it on gunbroker Monday.

Originally Posted by Blueface:
I was offered $3,000 cash before I was able to leave the FFL. that would have been a $1,600 profit for a 20 minute ride but can't do it in good conscious. I prefer the toy over the money. With the money, I will end up spending it and not have either.
ouch... I'd like to think that for $3k, I would have done it... but ... given the scarcity of AR10's now... I might just have hung onto it!

But honestly, maybe you screwed that one up. You could have sold it, came home with the cash, and showed your wife just how the "investment" paid off. Then the next time you wanted permission to "invest" in a gun, imagine how easier it would have been :-) :-)
Steve 01:44 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
On a side note, my department decided not to issue the M&P's and are sticking with Glock, so I was able to buy my M&P for $400. 3 mags and night sights. Good deal.
That's sweet!
Blueface 01:45 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
ouch... I'd like to think that for $3k, I would have done it... but ... given the scarcity of AR10's now... I might just have hung onto it!

But honestly, maybe you screwed that one up. You could have sold it, came home with the cash, and showed your wife just how the "investment" paid off. Then the next time you wanted permission to "invest" in a gun, imagine how easier it would have been :-) :-)
Believe me, I stood there frozen thinking about it.
My fear is exactly what you mention. I am afraid that with scarcity and pending potential legislation, may not get my hands on another.
Don't get me wrong, $1,600 would help out debt immensely but just could not do it.
If prices drop, will kick myself. If they don't, I may have an even bigger winner eventually when and if ready to part.
Blueface 01:45 PM 01-04-2013
Awesome deal.
Remo 01:49 PM 01-04-2013
Awesome deal.
Originally it was going to be cheaper, but the price crept up a bit. Maybe I will buy my Glock also!
Remo 01:50 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by Steve:
That's sweet!
Ya, never have too many guns!!
elderboy02 01:53 PM 01-04-2013
:-) I'm bringing my early Russian SKS to the show tomorrow. I never really liked the gun, but hung onto it because it wasn't worth enough to sell! Now it seems that it is... If it doesn't sell at the show tomorrow, I'll stick it on gunbroker Monday....
How much are you going to ask for the SKS?
Bondo 287 01:53 PM 01-04-2013
Thanks.
The .223 has been with me around 7 months or so.
Just looks so nice when side by side with big sis.
Indeed it does ! Very Nice. :-)
spectrrr 01:57 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
How much are you going to ask for the SKS?
I'm not too familiar with the SKS models and grades, I'll do a bit of research on it and let you know.
spectrrr 02:02 PM 01-04-2013
I'm thinking seriously about picking up a PTR-91 g.i. (HK-91 clone)
Not the sexiest thing in the world... but the price is REALLY fair - Brand new for $100 more than it was selling for last year. Mags are available and DIRT CHEAP (20rd mags all day long for $6).

GI version will do 3-4 moa and eat any ammo you feed it.
target version will do 1-2 moa, but its a picky eater...

I'm thinking the GI...

And if I find an M1A tomorrow at the show (yeah right! I can dream!) then I'll just flip the HK for the same I paid for it.
MurphysLaw 02:02 PM 01-04-2013
:-) I'm bringing my early Russian SKS to the show tomorrow. I never really liked the gun, but hung onto it because it wasn't worth enough to sell! Now it seems that it is... If it doesn't sell at the show tomorrow, I'll stick it on gunbroker Monday.
I have a Norinco in a Tapco stock...thinking I might be able to work out a trade on another handgun with one of the vendors at the show.
bonjing 02:02 PM 01-04-2013
Very nice! I'm envious of that AR-10, I wish I finished mine when I had the chance, now I just have a lower and a bunch of mags that I can't use for a while.
spectrrr 02:09 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Very nice! I'm envious of that AR-10, I wish I finished mine when I had the chance, now I just have a lower and a bunch of mags that I can't use for a while.
Lower and mags are the important part! you can always finish the rest later....
Remo 02:10 PM 01-04-2013
This thread has really taken off due to recent events!
spectrrr 02:13 PM 01-04-2013
Banter thread for firearms owners who suddenly feel the need to banter (and melt plastic)
Remo 02:14 PM 01-04-2013
Banter thread for firearms owners who suddenly feel the need to banter (and melt plastic)
Funny how this happened in 08' also, man I went on a spending spree!!
MurphysLaw 02:17 PM 01-04-2013
Funny how this happened in 08' also, man I went on a spending spree!!
Same here, that was back when we had a decent local firearms auction. They've since opened it up to online bids and the good deals are long gone.
bonjing 02:19 PM 01-04-2013
Lower and mags are the important part! you can always finish the rest later....
Yeah I know, I just keep kicking myself for not getting it sooner, I kept thinking to myself, I don't need it now, I'll get it another time or wait for a better deal. I've been sitting on a few lowers for a few years now.
Page 193 of 352
« First < 93143183191192193 194195203243293 > Last »
Up