Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 193 of 350
« First < 93143183191192193 194195203243293 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
GreekGodX 10:44 AM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I use these wraps
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&m=PD&pid=3018
They get almost cast like when wrapped tight, but if you like em loose they work perfect also. Almost like a hybrid wrap.
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You looking for wrist wraps, or straps, Christos?

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&m=PD&pid=3021
Thanks guys :-) I ended up getting the ones Tom recommended and then a set from APT . Today I'm gonna hit some back and deadlift so I'll report back on which I like better..
icehog3 10:56 AM 03-29-2010
Squats it was....gonna be a b*tch getting in and out of the squad tonight. :-)
icehog3 11:00 AM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Thanks guys :-) I ended up getting the ones Tom recommended and then a set from APT . Today I'm gonna hit some back and deadlift so I'll report back on which I like better..
Hope they work well for you, Son. :-)
PeteSB75 02:43 PM 03-29-2010
Squats it was....gonna be a b*tch getting in and out of the squad tonight. :-)
What, no stretching and foam rollering? :-)
BigFrank 06:35 PM 03-29-2010
Sorry haven't been super active guys work and training + kids are time consuming go figure...

Squats today
540x4wrappedx5
LockOuts 650x5
Leg Press
GHR
Abs
Calves

done and bloodshot.
icehog3 09:37 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
What, no stretching and foam rollering? :-)
Stretching, yes. Foam rollering, no. :-)

Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Sorry haven't been super active guys work and training + kids are time consuming go figure...

Squats today
540x4wrappedx5
LockOuts 650x5
Leg Press
GHR
Abs
Calves

done and bloodshot.
Nice Frank! Wish I could still squat that heavy, but those days are gone.
PeteSB75 06:45 AM 03-30-2010
Shoulders and back this morning. Press, lat pulldowns, upright rows and HS low rows. stretched and went home to eat my yogurt and shower. Funny how 5-10 minutes late to the gym in the morning makes me 15 mins late leaving the house...
icehog3 07:38 AM 03-30-2010
Shoulders and back this morning. Press, lat pulldowns, upright rows and HS low rows. stretched and went home to eat my yogurt and shower. Funny how 5-10 minutes late to the gym in the morning makes me 15 mins late leaving the house...
What, no foam roller? :-)

Sounds like a good workout, Pete. :-)
The Professor 08:06 AM 03-30-2010
I feel effin beat up from the combination of chest day and jiu-jitsu yesterday. Got my ass seriously handed to me last night. :-)

This morning: cardio, 100 (assisted) pull-ups/chins, stretching, and 100 arm-bar drills (really an abs exercise).

Back is at about 85% today. There's still something "off" low in the back/hips, though. I think my sacrum may be a little rotated or something. If it's still feeling like that at the end of the week, a trip to the doc's will definitely be in order.
DBall 09:57 AM 03-30-2010
I haven't been to the gym in almost 2 weeks and I can finally move my elbow pain free (well... 90%). This sucks. I mean, I'm glad my elbow doesn't hurt, but I loved going and working out... especially my arms and chest. These seem to be things I can't do without my elbow taking a 2-week-****.

Bah.

The last time I went, the only things I did involving my arms were a couple rows and assisted pull-ups... it seems like anything that involves bending my arm (work out wise) ends up being painful.
PeteSB75 12:35 PM 03-30-2010
What, no foam roller? :-)

Sounds like a good workout, Pete. :-)
Then I would have been 20 mins late getting out the door to the train... People lining up at my desk when I walk in the door, cat and dogs living together, utter chaos!

Originally Posted by DBall:
I haven't been to the gym in almost 2 weeks and I can finally move my elbow pain free (well... 90%). This sucks. I mean, I'm glad my elbow doesn't hurt, but I loved going and working out... especially my arms and chest. These seem to be things I can't do without my elbow taking a 2-week-****.

Bah.

The last time I went, the only things I did involving my arms were a couple rows and assisted pull-ups... it seems like anything that involves bending my arm (work out wise) ends up being painful.
Dan, did your PT recommend anything to help with reducing the stress on your elbow? Maybe a sleeve/wrap? Sucks not being able to do much.
icehog3 10:39 PM 03-30-2010
Tactical Training at work will force me to take Wed. and Thur. off from the gym. First time in a while I will take 2, I know it will be a good thing...because I am still hungry to get in the gym, I should be chomping at the bit by Friday.

Train hard, men! :-)
PeteSB75 07:05 AM 03-31-2010
Just spin for me this morning.

Just curious Tom, when was the last time you took a week off from the gym?
The Professor 08:52 AM 03-31-2010
Just spin for me this morning.

I don't know about Tom; but the last time I took a full week off was when I was sick as a dog in the fall -- had the full-blown flu (maybe it was even the Swine). I have only taken time off (greater than two days) due to circumstance (sick, business travel, etc.) and never by simple choice. I've got to at least get in there for some cardio and abs. If I don't go in, my day feels "off" and I obsess a little.

Handled a little weight today -- still nothing that would put pressure on the lower back/hips, though.

Cardio: a couple of miles on the bike to get my HR to 120

Assisted pull-ups: 50 (5 x 10)

HS low-rows: 2p/side x 20, 15, 15, 12

HS high-rows: 2p/side x 15, 12, 10 (I might have done another set of 10, too)

Assisted pull-ups: 30 (3 x 10)

Stretching, foam roller, etc.

Triangle drills: 75 (3 x 25) -- I think this is why my obliques and traps are so sore. :-)

Done. :-)
icehog3 03:48 PM 03-31-2010

Missed about 10 days - 2 weeks when I had the staph infection in my leg back in early December, Pete.
MortonMilo 05:06 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:

Triangle drills: 75 (3 x 25) -- I think this is why my obliques and traps are so sore. :-)

Done. :-)
...and what exactly are these....? piqued my interest!
The Professor 08:56 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by MortonMilo:
...and what exactly are these....? piqued my interest!
Jiu-jitsu drill. I can't find a good video of it. Basically, you bring your legs up and use your abs to lift your ass off the mat, then you bring your legs into a triangle (bending your knee over the ankle of your other leg), and add a twist so that you're almost on only one shoulder (really one side of your traps). You alternate sides.

I don't know if that makes any sense.... :-)
PeteSB75 06:52 AM 04-01-2010
Missed about 10 days - 2 weeks when I had the staph infection in my leg back in early December, Pete.
Gotcha. You don't take a planned week off every few months?

Chest/Arms for me this morning. Bench, Incline DBs, Curls and Dips. Dunno if it's diet changes or maybe not getting enough sleep, but I've not been putting up the weight I expect over the last few workouts.
The Professor 08:26 AM 04-01-2010
20 minutes of cardio on recumbent bike

100 assisted pulls/chins (50 neutral grip pull-ups; 50 chin-ups)

lots of stretching of my lower back, hips, pelvis

100 triangle drills (4 sets of 25)

10 minutes of walking at 3.3mph and 10% incline
MortonMilo 09:28 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Jiu-jitsu drill. I can't find a good video of it. Basically, you bring your legs up and use your abs to lift your ass off the mat, then you bring your legs into a triangle (bending your knee over the ankle of your other leg), and add a twist so that you're almost on only one shoulder (really one side of your traps). You alternate sides.

I don't know if that makes any sense.... :-)
I can almost picture it. We'll see if I'm flexible enough to give it a go!
Page 193 of 350
« First < 93143183191192193 194195203243293 > Last »
Up