Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 190 of 351
« First < 90140180188189190 191192200240290 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Show your latest NC purchase!
DropTheE 10:07 PM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Very cool! I've always wondered how those things would smoke... I've never gotten the balls to buy a set because I have no idea what I'd do with more then one!
That and I'd have to take up stock in my brand of lighter fluid... those things look like they need a flamethrower to get toasted and lit!
I remember reading somewhere online (can't remember where, I was searching one day about if anybody had ever smoked one) if memory serves me, he was smoking one of the champagne bottles and was into it for like 5 hours, totally sick of smoking it and ended up putting it down!! :-)

I am curious how good they are as well, gonna probably have to find out the best way I know how. Gonna have to devote an entire Saturday or Sunday to it, I am sure of that!! (Perhaps a nap halfway through!!)
Chavez15 11:56 PM 04-19-2010
Wow, there's a local B&M here selling one for close to $100, my friend almost bought it. I'm going to have to send him the link.
Emjaysmash 06:32 AM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
I remember reading somewhere online (can't remember where, I was searching one day about if anybody had ever smoked one) if memory serves me, he was smoking one of the champagne bottles and was into it for like 5 hours, totally sick of smoking it and ended up putting it down!! :-)

I am curious how good they are as well, gonna probably have to find out the best way I know how. Gonna have to devote an entire Saturday or Sunday to it, I am sure of that!! (Perhaps a nap halfway through!!)
Lol Good luck with it! I expect a full review!!
DropTheE 10:06 AM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by Chavez15:
Wow, there's a local B&M here selling one for close to $100, my friend almost bought it. I'm going to have to send him the link.
Totally, might as well save a little bit of cash. I always believe in supporting local business first :-), but sometimes you have to go after the bargain!
NeverEnoughStick 10:27 AM 04-20-2010
Nice pick-ups by all!! :-)
KenyanSandBoa 10:58 AM 04-20-2010

Well I went crazy again.
2 Boxes of Nubs
354 Connecticut and 460 Habano
1 Box of Partagas Black Label Crystal Tubos
1 Box Oliva G Cameroon Toros
and for fun....maybe I will smoke one who knows:-) a Soprano Special Edition with the funny cigars!!!

Not pictured, I also picked up 10 Tempus Quadrums and 10 more G.A.R. Robustos. Getting close to being stocked up for the summer. I am thinking 4 more boxes and I will be about where I want to be + the Lexington will be starting to get filled up.
I guess you did go a little crazy. :-)

What are those Soprano cigars? They look freaking HUGE!! Do you have a close up pic of those...would love to see them.
KenyanSandBoa 11:00 AM 04-20-2010
Sorry for the redundant post...just saw this was covered already. :-)
maninblack 11:39 AM 04-20-2010
60 bucks for those Sopranos at Thompson. Not sure I'd be able to smoke them. They do look cool though.
KenyanSandBoa 12:27 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
60 bucks for those Sopranos at Thompson. Not sure I'd be able to smoke them. They do look cool though.
They would be a cool collectors item...I would never attempt to smoke one.

It's one of those things were if you're curious to smoke one, you just attempt to smoke them all becuase it you only smoke one, it's useless as a collectors item.
klipsch 12:37 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:

It's one of those things were if you're curious to smoke one, you just attempt to smoke them all becuase it you only smoke one, it's useless as a collectors item.
Sounds like a possible photo op for Vin's Herf in the summer.
neoflex 12:40 PM 04-20-2010
Would be a cool piece to have in the cabinet as a conversation piece but it would kill me to give up that much real estate as extra storage space is almost non existent. I don't think I could come up with enough free time to even attempt to smoke one, nor do I think it would be enjoyable once the giggles and laughs faded.:-)
maninblack 01:18 PM 04-20-2010
I just checked. They are sold out.
DropTheE 04:24 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I just checked. They are sold out.
Wow, I checked earlier and they still had some. I see them pop up at different spots once in awhile. I will keep my eyes peeled and if I see them for a reasonable price, I will pin it up on the board. :-)
DropTheE 04:53 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:

Originally Posted by neoflex:
Would be a cool piece to have in the cabinet as a conversation piece but it would kill me to give up that much real estate as extra storage space is almost non existent. I don't think I could come up with enough free time to even attempt to smoke one, nor do I think it would be enjoyable once the giggles and laughs faded.:-)
That is the dilemma that I am in. Do I break up the band to try one out, then I am basically left with "NOT a Collectors piece". I do think it makes a heck of a conversation piece to pull out whilst herfin'. But if I leave it as a collector, do I miss out on perhaps a really good, but extremely timely:-) cigar??
wolfandwhisky 05:08 PM 04-20-2010
That is the dilemma that I am in. Do I break up the band to try one out, then I am basically left with "NOT a Collectors piece". I do think it makes a heck of a conversation piece to pull out whilst herfin'. But if I leave it as a collector, do I miss out on perhaps a really good, but extremely timely:-) cigar??
There are so many ELs and LEs and Collectors Editions and Annual Releases and Regional Releases etc. How many people are really going to want this years down the road? Its based on a TV show. I don't mean any offense, but I vote to smoke it. Maybe smoke a couple, trade a couple.

From a collectibles standpoint, I would venture a guess that you'll get more interest down the road from a Sopranos enthusiast than from a cigar enthusiast.

Antiques Roadshow, year 2031

:-)
tomc3084 05:31 PM 04-20-2010
I went to a B&m I usually don't frequent because I don't like the owner....Well I had no choice, they had My Father Lanceros at half off! I grabbed em all!!!!I just wish they had more than 8, oh well 8's more than none! I wouldve also returned with mag o opus, but "he didnt want to open it yet", what a dumbass.....b m owner not wanting to open a box to sell just yet, wtf???? Just another thing to add to why I dont like him lol
Attached: mf1.JPG (53.0 KB) mf2.JPG (54.6 KB) 
kydsid 06:23 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by tomc3084:
I went to a B&m I usually don't frequent because I don't like the owner....Well I had no choice, they had My Father Lanceros at half off! I grabbed em all!!!!I just wish they had more than 8, oh well 8's more than none! I wouldve also returned with mag o opus, but "he didnt want to open it yet", what a dumbass.....b m owner not wanting to open a box to sell just yet, wtf???? Just another thing to add to why I dont like him lol
Peekaboo! :-)
tomc3084 06:27 PM 04-20-2010
LOL kydsid!
DropTheE 08:08 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by wolfandwhisky:
There are so many ELs and LEs and Collectors Editions and Annual Releases and Regional Releases etc. How many people are really going to want this years down the road? Its based on a TV show. I don't mean any offense, but I vote to smoke it. Maybe smoke a couple, trade a couple.

From a collectibles standpoint, I would venture a guess that you'll get more interest down the road from a Sopranos enthusiast than from a cigar enthusiast.

Antiques Roadshow, year 2031

:-)
Exactly!! You are absolutely right Matt!! I really do think that I am gonna smoke one, I mean really that is what a cigar is for. I think it would be something fun, and who knows, it might be a good stick or egg or monolith!!!
DropTheE 08:17 PM 04-20-2010
Well, here it is guys. I put some pics up at Jim's request (KenyanSandBoa) of the Soprano Cigars, probably much easier to just give you a link to the album so here it is. Some interesting pics that will give you a feel for the sheer size of the Champagne bottle and the bullet. Enjoy!!

http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/a...opthee/Cigars/
Page 190 of 351
« First < 90140180188189190 191192200240290 > Last »
Up