Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 26
« First < 9171819 2021 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Waxing Moon Humidor Thread
OLS 07:15 PM 04-28-2011
No, that's ET!!!

Or that trade federation guy from the later star wars movies, haha.
[Reply]
Swif 07:26 PM 04-28-2011
That adds character.
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:09 PM 04-28-2011
Ed that quilted maple is something special....Beautiful work!
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 03:36 PM 05-04-2011
Got a lot going on in the shop.... and several are nearing completion... and ready to start up a few more..... Everything from Bird's Eye Maple & Ebony to Makroe & Lacewood... Bloodwood, Movingui, Cherry, Cocobolo... Walnut, plus, there's some more stuff over on one of my shelves... some jewelry boxes that are going as matched sets... What you see on the table should be finishing up in the next few days... give or take a couple here or there....

[Reply]
OLS 04:33 PM 05-04-2011
The grain figuring on that long lacewood chest is a lot more like what I expected out of that wood, after having seen that
spectacular piece on page 12. I guess I thought it would all look like that. Whoever got the long chest is really lucky. A lot
of nice items.
[Reply]
OldDirty 06:21 PM 05-04-2011
You've out done yourself Ed! Those are some gorgeous humidors right there.
[Reply]
alexa071 12:02 PM 05-06-2011
I find myself always scanning your pictures for a pile of Quilted maple and walnut laying in the corner somewhere. C'mon Quilted maple gods! Send Ed some good stuff so he can created my awesome humidor! Nice looking stuff Ed... I STILL can't wait to see mine. :-)

Randy
[Reply]
Kinky_yk 01:49 PM 05-06-2011
I know I do the same thing, always looking in the background to catch a glimpse of mine sitting on a shelf or getting framed up somewhere in the perimeter.
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 04:38 PM 05-07-2011
I have an awful lot going on the shop at the moment.... I should have a lot of pictures coming soon... one at a time....

This one is Movingui and Cocobolo... Movingui is the same wood that I'm building the troop humidor. Although she's not quite finished... I couldn't resist putting it up here...

This was strongly influenced by my girlfriend... and when that happens, we add it to what we call the "Folly Rocks Collection"... long story, but, we like it...

[Reply]
OldDirty 11:59 PM 05-07-2011
:-) The pattern on that lid is sick!
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 12:20 AM 05-08-2011
WOW, that thing is amazing.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 12:34 AM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by OldDirty:
lol put it up on ebay and see how much you can fetch for it
Originally Posted by Lorglath:
I'm with Old Dirty
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
OLS 06:07 AM 05-09-2011
THAT is why our humidors are not done yet!?! Let's GET HIM!!!!!!!
Impress your girlfriend on your own time buddy....:-)
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 06:30 AM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
THAT is why our humidors are not done yet!?! Let's GET HIM!!!!!!!
Impress your girlfriend on your own time buddy....:-)
....Dang, and I was just getting ready to impress her with a lacewood & bloodwod humidor lined with mahogany....
[Reply]
OLS 01:00 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by WaxingMoon:
....Dang, and I was just getting ready to impress her with a lacewood & bloodwod humidor lined with mahogany....
OOhhh...mahogany. She'll like that.
You didn't tell me I could have glued up contrasting blocks for my lid.
That pattern was bad-a$$.

Well...actually I DO have glued up wood blocks on my lid.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 01:07 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by WaxingMoon:

You might have just screwed yourself with that picture brother. Because now EVERYBODY is going to want one like that. Including me! How much for that in a mini hope chest size? :-) Like the one in the lower far right of your last picture in post 364?
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 04:06 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
You might have just screwed yourself with that picture brother. Because now EVERYBODY is going to want one like that. Including me! How much for that in a mini hope chest size? :-) Like the one in the lower far right of your last picture in post 364?
Not sure... I guess it would depend on the type of wood.... But, it would be doable.....
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 04:16 PM 05-09-2011
Pm sent :-)
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 04:45 PM 05-09-2011
Most of these should be coming off the bench during the upcoming week... I'm all set to line and hinge out 4 or 5 of 'em tomorrow.....

Here's what's going on the bench at the moment... I still have two of the prototypes in the wings, one near completion, the other in assembly phase and 3 or 4 jewelry boxes (matching humis) as well.... It feels good to be busy! Thank you all!!!

l to r

Movingui & Bloodwood ~ Cherry & Bird's Eye Maple ~ Lacewood w/Ebony Splines

Lacewood & Brazilian Cherry with a touch of Macassar Ebony...

African Mahogany & Ebony (gonna have cigar band lid) ~ Makore & Macassar Ebony

Bird's Eye Maple & Gabon Ebony.... this is going to have a combination cigar band & glass lid... you can see the "trough that the bands will go... plus there will be some other "goodies" added on to this one... more pieces to her laying about the shop....

Lacewood & Old Growth Bloodwood.... if you compare this bloodwood to the bloodwood in the first photo... you'll see what the difference is...

[Reply]
Nathan King 08:04 PM 05-09-2011
I'll PM you my address so that you know where to send that Makore & Macassar Ebony. :-)

I LOOOOVE the look of it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 26
« First < 9171819 2021 > Last »
Up