Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 23
« First < 9171819 2021 > Last »
Sports>J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
ujponds 06:21 PM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Do you really think anyone on Jets payroll will say anything negative about Sanchez and destroy his confidence (or whatever there is of it) in the process? The team has no choice, but praise him... They would even if they had one armed and no legs QB... Had they real confidence in Sanchez their entire game plan would revolve around that and not on the running game and keeping the ball out of his hands...

You make it sound like I am not a Jets fan. I am and have been. Since early 80s. Main reason I am so tired of same old, same old every season.
What ever you say Greg. I understand that you hate Sanchez but if you are a long time Jets fan , how can you say "same old, same old"? You don't think this team is getting any better?

I know we've gone through this before so I don't expect anything new, you are a glass half empty kind of guy. What you call a SOJ fan. I get it.

Tell you what, PM me your addy. I have a "stat sheet" I want to send you:-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 07:07 PM 01-10-2011
Getting "better" and winning the whole shebang is not the same thing in my book. They finally got a coach who seems to be motivating them, they also got a number of great offensive weapons and yet the center piece seems to be missing. You make it sound like I am not a true Jets fan only because I don't believe in their QB or their ability to win a SB with the current one... What's wrong with being a realist instead of a dreamer? Or a denier? Or, are you suggesting that as a fan, I must be an "apologist" like the team is these days? :-)

BTW, are you paying attention to Sanchez' throws? He overthrows, A LOT, and this clearly shows how afraid he is of making a mistake. No matter what the team claims as their "confidence" in his ability as their PR policy.

Will Tebow be available in the off-season? After 2 years of "trying", someone needs to realize a change is needed since there is no real improvement shown so far and none that I see in the future with the current QB. Or are Jets simply waiting for Brady and Rothlisberger to retire? I'd like to hear their plans and hate to say it, but Sanchez ain't it from where I stand. Not that great QBs are readily available, too bad... Main reason I am down on the team since we will be saddled with the "Oh, no, don't let him throw" for years to come. And no SB...

Like I said, name one SB winning team in recent memory without a great QB as a leader. Simple question.

We need a LEADER, not a "hope"...

I'll wait until Pats game to post more. Something tells me that if they lose Ryan may finally start singing a different tune in regard to "don't throw" since he is the only reason the team is underperforming this season, the rest of the guys have done their part.
[Reply]
ujponds 07:58 PM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Getting "better" and winning the whole shebang is not the same thing in my book. They finally got a coach who seems to be motivating them, they also got a number of great offensive weapons and yet the center piece seems to be missing. You make it sound like I am not a true Jets fan only because I don't believe in their QB or their ability to win a SB with the current one... What's wrong with being a realist instead of a dreamer? Or a denier? Or, are you suggesting that as a fan, I must be an "apologist" like the team is these days? :-)

BTW, are you paying attention to Sanchez' throws? He overthrows, A LOT, and this clearly shows how afraid he is of making a mistake. No matter what the team claims as their "confidence" in his ability as their PR policy.

Will Tebow be available in the off-season? After 2 years of "trying", someone needs to realize a change is needed since there is no real improvement shown so far and none that I see in the future with the current QB. Or are Jets simply waiting for Brady and Rothlisberger to retire? I'd like to hear their plans and hate to say it, but Sanchez ain't it from where I stand. Not that great QBs are readily available, too bad... Main reason I am down on the team since we will be saddled with the "Oh, no, don't let him throw" for years to come. And no SB...

Like I said, name one SB winning team in recent memory without a great QB as a leader. Simple question. We need a LEADER, not a "hope"...

I'll wait until Pats game to post more. Something tells me that if they lose Ryan may finally start singing a different tune in regard to "don't throw" since he is the only reason the team is underperforming this season, the rest of the guys have done their part.
Not to encourage this any longer but to answer your question: '00 Ravens, '02 Bucs, '07 Giants

Oh and Tebow!?!? Are you kidding??? I remember earlier this season you wanted Brunell, ok that's silly but TEBOW???????????:-)

BTW I'm waiting on that pm :-)
[Reply]
RRocket 11:55 PM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by ujponds:
Not to encourage this any longer but to answer your question: '00 Ravens, '02 Bucs, '07 Giants

Oh and Tebow!?!? Are you kidding??? I remember earlier this season you wanted Brunell, ok that's silly but TEBOW???????????:-)

BTW I'm waiting on that pm :-)

Tebows first 3 complete game starts are roughly equivalent to Sanchez' first 3 pro starts, stat-wise. And there is little debate that Tebow's team is much worse than Sanchez's first year Jets. Sanchez definitely had an easier rookie year becuase of the quality team around him than Tebows does. Tebows team is terrible..
[Reply]
ujponds 08:53 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by RRocket:
Tebows first 3 complete game starts are roughly equivalent to Sanchez' first 3 pro starts, stat-wise. And there is little debate that Tebow's team is much worse than Sanchez's first year Jets. Sanchez definitely had an easier rookie year becuase of the quality team around him than Tebows does. Tebows team is terrible..
Haha ok, lets revisit this when he gets a complete season as a starter under his belt.

I would expect people to say the Jets should go after Kevin Kolb or Mcnabb or someone along those lines, but Tebow?? That is just arguing for argument sake.
[Reply]
RRocket 11:53 PM 01-11-2011
Haha ok, lets revisit this when he gets a complete season as a starter under his belt.

It won't be really a good comparison. Again...the Jets are a much better team than the Broncos. Sanchez already had a fairly high quality team to help him along. Tebow definitely does not have the same advantage with his POS team.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 11:24 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by RRocket:
It won't be really a good comparison. Again...the Jets are a much better team than the Broncos. Sanchez already had a fairly high quality team to help him along. Tebow definitely does not have the same advantage with his POS team.

:-)
[Reply]
ujponds 06:00 PM 01-16-2011
OK haters, 3TDS, no picks, no sacks, 127.3 passer rating. . . That is all
[Reply]
massphatness 06:01 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Congrats to the Jets! I don't particularly have a rooting interest in your team, but next week it would give me so much pleasure to have you serve up a steaming hot cup of STFU to the Boston-area sports radio blathering boobs who speak as if Christ Himself has already annointed the Patriots as Super Bowl champions.
THIS

I can't wait to listen to a few Boston sports talk radio guys fall all over themselves making excuses tomorrow. Their arrogant, smug, entitled attitude has grated on me all season long. It will be extremely gratifying to see them eat crow.

It's too bad -- I could actually like the Pats were it not for these clowns.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:04 PM 01-16-2011
Congrats On The Win; Let's See If You Can Beat Pitt. Now.:-)
[Reply]
fhrblig 06:05 PM 01-16-2011
Sanchez has never not taken the Jets to the AFC Championship game.

He's clearly terrible. The Jets should totally cut him immediately. :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 06:06 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by fhrblig:
Sanchez has never not taken the Jets to the AFC Championship game.

He's clearly terrible. The Jets should totally cut him immediately. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:07 PM 01-16-2011
I'd like to see a Jets vs. Bears super bowl:-)
[Reply]
gurusix 06:09 PM 01-16-2011
Great game, I am no Randy Moss fan but I bet Bellichick would have loved to have Moss out there as a decoy. What was hailed as a great move may have costs have another shot at the title. Got to be able to stretch the field!
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:13 PM 01-16-2011
Great game by the Jets. Just don't see them beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:14 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I Agree!:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:26 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by longknocker:
I Agree!:-)
Not a Jets fan but let's get real.

Same could have been said about the Colts game.

Then the same could have been said about the Patriots game.

If the same team shows up, lookout Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
Volusianator 06:28 PM 01-16-2011
Being a Packer fan, I really, really, really wanted to see the Jets win, I'd take our chances over them 10x over testing the metal of the Patriots. That being said, I'm not sure that I can see the Jets beating the Steelers. Either way, I didn't see the Jets winning tonight, not at all.
[Reply]
EricF 06:44 PM 01-16-2011
And no one thought they would beat the Pats either!!!!!
[Reply]
icehog3 06:44 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Not a Jets fan but let's get real.

Same could have been said about the Colts game.

Then the same could have been said about the Patriots game.

If the same team shows up, lookout Pittsburgh.
Exactly....how can you watch the Jets beat up the Pats, and then say "they won't beat the Steelers"? They have a legitimate shot at going to the Super Bowl, they proved that the last 2 weeks. And I ain't a Jets fan either. :-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 23
« First < 9171819 2021 > Last »
Up