Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 138
« First < 9171819 20212969119 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
T.G 11:44 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Oh. You're welcome.
oh. LOL.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:49 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
I've seen smoke yellow-ish, smoke with a blue tint, and gray smoke. what does the color of the smoke indicate? does that have a relation to the strength or taste/flavors you'll experience?
Yellow smoke I would stay away from.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:56 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Yellow smoke I would stay away from.
Yellow snow I can understand.:-) But what does yellow smoke indicate?
[Reply]
iRiSh 12:55 PM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Take one of the cigars with you to a local shop and check the cutters. Most likely the RG of the cap is slightly less than 60rg. You can also use a very sharp knife or a razor blade(be careful) to cut your cigars. Or there is always caveman style, just bite off the cap! :-)
Originally Posted by Scottw:
How about using a punch?
Originally Posted by Zanaspus:
What kind of cutter do you have? Even cutters made for smaller RG sticks can be used to cut fatter sticks. Wedge the end in there and "shave" what littel cap you can. Alternatively, a punch works on any large RG.
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
You could also just use a knife.

CUTTING CIGARS WITH A KNIFE

thanks for the advice, im looking at getting a large scissors like this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fashion-Round-...item3ca4ff7706
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:00 PM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Yellow snow I can understand.:-) But what does yellow smoke indicate?
Bolivian flake is mixed in.

In all seriousness, I do not know what yellow smoke in a cigar would mean, but I have never ever seen yellowish smoke coming from a cigar. Most likely it would be a mineral or chemical whithin the cigar that burns yellow.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:14 PM 12-01-2009
That makes sense. I have only seen gray or bluish gray smoke from my cigars.
[Reply]
T.G 01:44 PM 12-01-2009
Lighting tends to play a big factor in what color the smoke appears.

At dawn and dusk, a light gray or white smoke will often appear yellowish or slightly amber in color.
[Reply]
Chris. 02:01 PM 12-01-2009
I've seen white, gray, brown, slightly blue. I think it depends on the intensity of your puffs and how close together they are. And if the cigar is maduro or not. :-)
[Reply]
Snake Hips 08:43 PM 12-01-2009
The only thing I've ever noticed was where it was coming from. The smoke from my mouth and what's coming from the head is a different color than the smoke emanating from the foot. Just different things in the smoke I guess.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:20 PM 12-02-2009
The light thing makes sense.

Another one is, I thought at some point on here I seen a "Flavor Wheel" or something similar for cigar flavors. Does anyone know where I can get that at?

Also, on my way home from work I smoke. And I was wondering, how does one get these flavors out of a cigar? What makes tobacco taste like flowers ect? Like what mechanics in the tobacco give it that flavor? Tobacco does not taste like flowers, ya know?
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 11:12 PM 12-02-2009
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:31 PM 12-02-2009
/\ I think that is it. Thanks.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:07 AM 12-03-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
Also, on my way home from work I smoke. And I was wondering, how does one get these flavors out of a cigar? What makes tobacco taste like flowers ect? Like what mechanics in the tobacco give it that flavor? Tobacco does not taste like flowers, ya know?
There's a few variables: type of tobacco, the curing/fermenting process, and where it was grown (mineral content of the soil can affect the flavor).
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dragon0708 03:27 PM 12-06-2009
Why do some newly purchased cigars seem to be a little wet and difficult to smoke? What is the easiest way to dry them out? Put them on the corner for a few days or just leave them in the humi for several weeks before smoking?
[Reply]
AD720 03:41 PM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by dragon0708:
Why do some newly purchased cigars seem to be a little wet and difficult to smoke? What is the easiest way to dry them out? Put them on the corner for a few days or just leave them in the humi for several weeks before smoking?
A lot of vendors will ship wet in, what I guess, is an effort to make sure they don't dry out in transit.

IMHO the best thing to do is to leave them in your humi and let them slowly acclimate as going from dry to wet or wet to dry really rapidly can cause cracked wrappers and other burn problems.

Try draw testing your smokes before lighting them. If you pull it out, clip it and it doesn't draw put it back in the humi or dry box for a day or two.
[Reply]
dragon0708 01:33 PM 12-07-2009
I never thought about putting the cigar back into the humi if the draw is still tight. I will try that. Thanks for the advise. :-)
[Reply]
muhren 12:47 PM 12-10-2009
So, I seem to have amassed a great deal of cigars and can't smoke them as often as I like withe the cold weather. Here is the question!

Best way to store and separate them so the flavors mingle 'correctly'?

i.e. by wrapper type, by brand, by wrapper country, Puros together? etc.

I don't want an anejo picking up some CI legend flavor because its sitting next to it.

Let me know please!

Thanks!

M
[Reply]
Snake Hips 02:07 PM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by muhren:
So, I seem to have amassed a great deal of cigars and can't smoke them as often as I like withe the cold weather. Here is the question!

I don't want an anejo picking up some CI legend flavor because its sitting next to it.

Let me know please!

Thanks!

M
I wouldn't worry about it. Flavor "mingling" is either entirely mythical or requires decades to happen. Cigars won't adopt the attributes of cigars in close proximity to them; I have trouble believing that flavor can be carried through air before the stuff is even burned, or transferred by contact.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:32 PM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by muhren:

Let me know please!

Thanks!

M
May I ask where you got this false info?
[Reply]
dragon0708 06:39 PM 12-10-2009
How about an Acid Kuba Kuba or Cold Fusion Ice Tea with the rest of your smokes in a humi? I have all my Acid cigars in a separate humi from all others.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 138
« First < 9171819 20212969119 > Last »
Up