Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 42
« First < 9171819 202129 > Last »
Sports>The Horseshoe Mafia
Whee 04:41 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Uh. The Saints went 13-3 during the regular season, beat Arizona, beat the Vikings and then beat the Colts. So how do you figure they are the same level of competition as the Browns, Raiders Chiefs and Bears. You figure that out on the toilet?
Uh, it's called sarcasm. Responding that the Colts are chokers. The sarcasm being acknowledging that the Saints are NOT on that same level.

Sarcasm--it does a body good.:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 05:27 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Uh, it's called sarcasm. Responding that the Colts are chokers. The sarcasm being acknowledging that the Saints are NOT on that same level.

Sarcasm--it does a body good.:-)
Sorry. My sarcasm detector was turned off.
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:00 PM 02-10-2010
Uh. The Saints went 13-3 during the regular season, beat Arizona, beat the Vikings and then beat the Colts. So how do you figure they are the same level of competition as the Browns, Raiders Chiefs and Bears. You figure that out on the toilet?
Wow, thought it was an obvious statement of sarcasm. Or is this sarcasm too?
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:01 PM 02-10-2010
I jumped the gun on the reply, I always do that! Sarcasm detector test area:-)
[Reply]
Whee 10:04 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
Wow, thought it was an obvious statement of sarcasm. Or is this sarcasm too?
I jumped the gun on the reply, I always do that! Sarcasm detector test area:-)
I got you buddy.:-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:04 PM 02-10-2010
First they beat us, now he is knocking me down from giving it to a Steelers fan! Tough week in the Horseshoe Thread!!!!

I saw the game was on NFL Replay on NFL Network and I literally got a little angry. I don't know when I will be able to watch that game again.

I have managed to feel good for the Saints fans at this point though, so that is good........I guess.
[Reply]
Whee 10:09 PM 02-10-2010
First they beat us, now he is knocking me down from giving it to a Steelers fan! Tough week in the Horseshoe Thread!!!!

I saw the game was on NFL Replay on NFL Network and I literally got a little angry. I don't know when I will be able to watch that game again.

I have managed to feel good for the Saints fans at this point though, so that is good........I guess.
There's a pattern there. He's been spreading the love.:-)

I think all 3 of us have gotten "loved".
[Reply]
macpappy 04:39 AM 02-11-2010
There's a pattern there. He's been spreading the love.:-)

I think all 3 of us have gotten "loved".
You've gotta give us Saints fans a break. After all it only took us 43 years to get a Championship. We're not used to being in that championship circle with you guys from other Superbowl cities.

But I do admit that my favorite Steelers teams were QB by Terry Bradshaw and I've never liked the Patriots.

No sarcasm meant in this post.
[Reply]
macpappy 05:28 AM 02-11-2010
A little humor I feel obligated to share:

A Cajun died and went to hell.

The devil assigned him the usual punishment... put him in the mass pit where the heat was melting others.

The devil came back sometime later surprised to find the Cajun just sitting around, not even misting, much less sweating. "How come you're not so much as sweating here where everyone else is screaming for relief from the heat?"

The Cajun laughed and said, "Man, I was raised in the bayous of Sout Looziana. Dis ain't nothin' but May in Lafayette to me!"

The devil decided to really put the Cajun through it. He put him in a sealed off cave in the pit with open blazes and four extra furnaces blasting. When he came back, days later, the Cajun was sitting pretty, had barely begun to bead up with sweat. The devil was outraged. "How is this possible!? You should be melted to a shrieking puddle in these conditions!."

The Cajun laughed even harder than before. "Hey, man! I done tole you. I was raised in Sout Looziana. You tink dis is heat?! Dis ain't nothin' but August in Jennings!"

So the devil thought, 'Alright, a little reverse ought to do the trick.' He put the Cajun into a corner of hell where no heat ever reached. It was freezing and to add to the Cajun's misery, he added massive icebergs and blasting frozen air. When he returned, the Cajun was shivering, ice hung from every part of him but he was grinning like it was Christmas.

Exasperated, the devil asked "HOW!? How is it possible?! You're impervious to heat and here you sit in conditions you can't be used to... freezing cold and yet
you're happier than if you were in heaven. WHY?!"

The Cajun kept grinning and said, "Dis mean de Saints done won da Super Bowl!!!"
[Reply]
Whee 08:41 AM 02-11-2010
A little humor I feel obligated to share:

A Cajun died and went to hell.

The devil assigned him the usual punishment... put him in the mass pit where the heat was melting others.

The devil came back sometime later surprised to find the Cajun just sitting around, not even misting, much less sweating. "How come you're not so much as sweating here where everyone else is screaming for relief from the heat?"

The Cajun laughed and said, "Man, I was raised in the bayous of Sout Looziana. Dis ain't nothin' but May in Lafayette to me!"

The devil decided to really put the Cajun through it. He put him in a sealed off cave in the pit with open blazes and four extra furnaces blasting. When he came back, days later, the Cajun was sitting pretty, had barely begun to bead up with sweat. The devil was outraged. "How is this possible!? You should be melted to a shrieking puddle in these conditions!."

The Cajun laughed even harder than before. "Hey, man! I done tole you. I was raised in Sout Looziana. You tink dis is heat?! Dis ain't nothin' but August in Jennings!"

So the devil thought, 'Alright, a little reverse ought to do the trick.' He put the Cajun into a corner of hell where no heat ever reached. It was freezing and to add to the Cajun's misery, he added massive icebergs and blasting frozen air. When he returned, the Cajun was shivering, ice hung from every part of him but he was grinning like it was Christmas.

Exasperated, the devil asked "HOW!? How is it possible?! You're impervious to heat and here you sit in conditions you can't be used to... freezing cold and yet
you're happier than if you were in heaven. WHY?!"

The Cajun kept grinning and said, "Dis mean de Saints done won da Super Bowl!!!"
:-):-)
[Reply]
macpappy 09:41 AM 02-11-2010
Sean,
Look to the bright side. The Saints won and hell froze over. The federal government in DC has been shut down for 4 days.
[Reply]
Whee 09:44 AM 02-11-2010
Sean,
Look to the bright side. The Saints won and hell froze over. The federal government in DC has been shut down for 4 days.
:-):-)

I never thought of it that way.:-)
[Reply]
taltos 05:44 PM 02-12-2010
Sean, blame it on Massachusetts. People said that hell would freeze over before a Republican would take Teddy Kennedy's seat in the US Senate. BTW, is Vic off suicide watch yet? :-)
[Reply]
Whee 05:59 PM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by taltos:
Sean, blame it on Massachusetts. People said that hell would freeze over before a Republican would take Teddy Kennedy's seat in the US Senate. BTW, is Vic off suicide watch yet? :-)
Holy crap! Hell did freeze over. No wonder the ex wife has been nice to me lately:-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 11:28 AM 03-05-2010
Woot!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
[Reply]
taltos 02:09 PM 03-05-2010
Sorry to hear that Pay-me-a-Ton had to have the bolt in his neck tightened. Hopes that he and his forehead will be back to throwing his line under the bus soon. Polian does not do the job nearly as well.:-):-)
[Reply]
Mikey202 02:12 PM 03-05-2010
Sorry to hear that Pay-me-a-Ton had to have the bolt in his neck tightened. Hopes that he and his forehead will be back to throwing his line under the bus soon. Polian does not do the job nearly as well.:-):-)
Did he have protection problems? I think I've heard that before.:-):-)
[Reply]
Whee 02:21 PM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by Mikey202:
Did he have protection problems? I think I've heard that before.:-):-)
Hey look...it's Martin and Lewis.:-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:32 PM 03-05-2010
Hey look...it's Martin and Lewis.:-)
More like Cheech and Chong, :-)
[Reply]
taltos 03:23 PM 03-05-2010
Hi Vic and Sean, missed you guys. Hope that we can get on each other's nerves next year.:-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 42
« First < 9171819 202129 > Last »
Up