Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 53
« First < 9171819 202129 > Last »
Sports>The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thread
pnoon 08:29 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
no team with Dirk Kuyt can count on my sypathy Peter.
Understood. :-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:46 AM 12-19-2008
He's forgetting about the large, Slovakian peter, don't hurt him.. ;-)
[Reply]
mastershogun 08:59 AM 12-19-2008
CL matchups are out... some very nice games to look forward to :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:01 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by mastershogun:
CL matchups are out... some very nice games to look forward to :-)
Post 'em up. The website is blocked here at work.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:02 AM 12-19-2008
[Reply]
mastershogun 09:02 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Post 'em up. The website is blocked here at work.
Chelsea - Juventus
Villarreal - Panathinaikos
Sporting - Bayern
Atletico Madrid - FC Porto
Lyon - Barcelona
Real Madrid - Liverpool
Arsenal - Roma
Inter - Manchester United
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:03 AM 12-19-2008
and the UEFA cup

[Reply]
mastershogun 09:06 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
and the UEFA cup

sweet... milan-bremen and zenit-stutt
[Reply]
pnoon 09:07 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by mastershogun:
Chelsea - Juventus
Villarreal - Panathinaikos
Sporting - Bayern
Atletico Madrid - FC Porto
Lyon - Barcelona
Real Madrid - Liverpool
Arsenal - Roma
Inter - Manchester United
Thanks!
:-)
[Reply]
Jason 11:30 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
Park dose get moving but he can't finish in my opinion. He will make some great moves with the ball coming down field but than screw the pouch on the shot/pass more often than not. He could be impressive once he can start finishing the play.
When he gets a consistent run think he's a great finisher. He makes Rooney a great player when they're together for a spell as well.

Originally Posted by aldukes:
Disagree- he's already better than beckham ever was.
That's a given, speaking purely in terms of media frenzy hype drama soap opera sh*t
[Reply]
Lumpold 12:55 PM 12-19-2008
Just for MisserDanielBoone, from Auntie...
Originally Posted by The Beeb:
Real boss denies deal for Ronaldo

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has dismissed rumours they have agreed a deal to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

Earlier this week Real director Pedro Trapote was quoted as saying a deal for a summer transfer had been struck.

That was denied by Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who said he "wouldn't sell a virus" to "that mob."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/7789229.stm
[Reply]
funnymantrip 04:25 PM 12-19-2008
Big 4 have it really tough in this first round. Really tough. I don't think you are going to see 3 moving onto the semis again. Aldukes, moving in tomorrow, get the humi out of storage, thanks for your patience...
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 06:38 PM 12-19-2008
CR 7 is a very talented player, I just don't like hearing about him, or torres, or anyone else moving, leaving etc. This should be a GREAT Round, I'd be impressed if 3 of the big 4 make it through.
[Reply]
funnymantrip 08:28 PM 12-19-2008
After the summer or Ronaldo-gate I was not ready to start hearing this so early on. Will he go to Real, yes he will, without a doubt one day. Will Sir Alex sell him in current form because he wants to go, I think he will for the right price and not a pound less. When Beckham left, Sir Alex all ready had him in the doghouse a bit with the 'boot' incident. And don't forget the 2nd leg of Champs League where Beckham sat the entire game. You could see that one coming. Sir Alex and Ronaldo seem to be on good terms, and I think unlike when Beckham left and United could afford to get a Ronaldo and the Famous Djemba-Djemba to see if they could find a replacement. They would need to turn around and spend that $ immediately now.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:29 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
CR 7 is a very talented player, I just don't like hearing about him, or torres, or anyone else moving, leaving etc. This should be a GREAT Round, I'd be impressed if 3 of the big 4 make it through.
I (we) care about only one. :-)
<<<<<<<
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:25 AM 12-21-2008
Here are some names to remember, players from the Dutch league that can become valuable to the big European teams in the near future:

Jan Vertonghen (BEL)
Luis Suarez (URU)
Ibrahim Affalay (NED)
Daley Blind (NED) (indeed, the son of Danny Blind)
Kenneth Vermeer (NED)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:03 AM 12-21-2008
forgot to mention Eljero Elia (NED)

here is a piece of 'art' that I made from a lot of tickets I collected when I still visited all Ajax games, home and away. I made a collage, framed it and it now covers a wall on my toilet.

[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:53 AM 12-21-2008
well, Keane finally scored (and a pretty one too). And for what it's worth, if every match he scores ends with the same result as today ..... well, I hope he will be Liverpool's topscorer this year :-)
[Reply]
aldukes 02:53 PM 12-21-2008
The silverpool jerseys are atrocious.
[Reply]
funnymantrip 09:24 PM 12-21-2008
I guess there is no need to mention that today United was crowned the best team in the world. We all ready knew that, just a lot of you don't like to admit it.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 53
« First < 9171819 202129 > Last »
Up