Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 23
« First < 9171819 2021 > Last »
Entertainment>Sons of Anarchy Season 2 - DISCUSSION THREAD
itsme_timd 09:20 AM 11-18-2009
My $&*#@ DVR cut off the last 3-4 minutes!!! Stopped right as Clay was walking into the office to talk to Gemma.

I expected more violence in this episode, I hope they stop the "building up" soon and get to laying the smack down!
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:26 AM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by itsme_timd:
My $&*#@ DVR cut off the last 3-4 minutes!!! Stopped right as Clay was walking into the office to talk to Gemma.

I expected more violence in this episode, I hope they stop the "building up" soon and get to laying the smack down!

Let's just say they didn't just "talk". :-)

But they did do something else that ends with "k". :-)
[Reply]
itsme_timd 09:28 AM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:

LOL, I gotcha! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:50 AM 11-18-2009
BarneyBandMan cracked me up today with the same observation...

He said we could expect Marcus Alvarez (Mayan Boss) to show up and say...

"Como estan, Beetches!?"
:-) :-)

Originally Posted by itsme_timd:

Yup...Clay laid the smackdown on Gemma for sure. :-)
[Reply]
Scothew 10:39 AM 11-18-2009
next weeks gonna be lead filled I believe.

Im still shocked at how information came out like it did. And how Opi handled it. Left her crying was epic.

but clay going to jax in the middle of hte night asking him to not leave, perfect end (hopefully) to their beef.
[Reply]
Darrell 03:08 PM 11-18-2009
So......did anyone else notice the kiss between Gemma and Tig. I mean prior to him bending her over?

Uh....that was just weird. He was in her house, drinking vodka and then kissing Clay's wife???

Did I miss something?
[Reply]
itsme_timd 03:15 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
So......did anyone else notice the kiss between Gemma and Tig. I mean prior to him bending her over?

Uh....that was just weird. He was in her house, drinking vodka and then kissing Clay's wife???

Did I miss something?
I wondered if I missed something prior to that as well. Gemma didn't look too surprised when he kissed her and it was obvious just a bit later that she didn't mind it... weird.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:33 PM 11-18-2009
Gemma earlier told the Doc that Clay woulnd't want her anymore because she was tainted. She wanted to feel desirable, but quickly reverted to a "victim mentality" when she turned around for Tig to be behind her. It wasn't about about Gemma and Tig as much as it was about Gemma and Clay.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:48 PM 11-18-2009
I think the mushroom trip..has given Tig a conscious ?
[Reply]
icehog3 05:50 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I think the mushroom trip..has given Tig a conscious ?
Rather than a conscience, I think Tig knew finishing the deed would have been both a knife in the back of a friend, and possibly a death sentence.
[Reply]
goalie204 07:06 PM 11-18-2009
what an awesome episode.

You know what makes me sad about soa? everytime an episode ends...i want more....more more more more more..NOW! :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 08:41 PM 11-18-2009
Wow! There were so many things that I did not expect in this episode. Everything just kind of all snowballed and came out at once. Chibbs talking with the ATF, details of Donna's death, Gemma and Tig (WTF btw). What a great episode. It feels like they packed so much into this one.

Not to mention Clay and his bullet-dodging adventure :-)
[Reply]
loki 08:55 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Gemma earlier told the Doc that Clay woulnd't want her anymore because she was tainted. She wanted to feel desirable, but quickly reverted to a "victim mentality" when she turned around for Tig to be behind her. It wasn't about about Gemma and Tig as much as it was about Gemma and Clay.
gemma wanted the sausege and tig wanted some kitty. nothing more, nothing less
[Reply]
icehog3 08:58 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
Opinions vary. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 09:09 PM 11-18-2009
can i just say again...what a great ep! best one ever
[Reply]
gvarsity 09:35 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
I don't think that was it at all. I think Icehog really summed it up nicely. The psychology beyond that interaction was right on. Tig was also a wreck and needed validation. His whole reason for exiting has been in question/destroyed by killing Donna. He was a heartless badass but he had a very strict set of rules that made his role make sense. Killing Donna violated most of those and messed his ass up. He had been consistently slipping in each episode since then. I think the mushrooms opened the flood gates and he couldn't live with himself. I think he was ready to die when he admitted to killing Donna to Opie. I thought Opies reaction was pretty layered and nuanced. I definitely think the next few episodes are going to be a whole lotta hurt coming down on Zobelle. I still think that at some point Donna's death is going to be revisited. At least I hope so. Something like that doesn't just go away.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:37 PM 11-18-2009
I have to go back to the kiss.

That was not a peck on the lips amongst friends.

That was a kiss that has happened before IMO.
[Reply]
Starchild 09:05 AM 11-19-2009

I had that thought as well. I also thought back to him and Gemma, when Tig told Clay "I've always got your back", and told him what Gemma needed at the end. It could be that he felt he was doing what he needed to do to help save their relationship. Either that or he felt guilty about what happened. Either way, it did seem like that wasn't the first time.
[Reply]
gvarsity 11:06 AM 11-19-2009

It could have been alluding to a previous history, sexual or non-sexual we have no idea about their pre-show timeline history.

To me it was more two pretty messed up people, with a lot of personal history desperately reaching out to someone else in a time of need. A misery loves company moment. Tig stepped back because he realized that having sex with Gemma would take him further down the road he started on when he killed Donna. I think that made him realize he would rather be dead than continue that way and the only way to stay alive was to come clean to Opie and face the consequences even if meant letting Opie kill him. IMHO that was one of the more profound and well done sequences I have seen on television.
[Reply]
Scothew 10:31 AM 11-24-2009
My brain is fried.. is tonight the last episode of the season or next to last?
[Reply]
Page 19 of 23
« First < 9171819 2021 > Last »
Up