Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 129
« First < 9171819 20212969119 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 01:49 PM 03-11-2009
Originally Posted by Shaerza:

Are you actively allowing yourself to have a splurge day every week? As for those of you that are feeling stuck.. keep with it! I was stuck trying to break thru the 200lbs mark for 6 weeks. It got depressing, but when I finally got there it was a great feeling.

Yes, WW allows extra points each week for a splurge night. You can use all of your extra points in one day, or you can use them throughout the week. But they recommend that you use them up by the end of the week.

Thanks for the encouraging words, Dan.:-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 01:50 PM 03-11-2009
I doubt I will see the 200lb mark
[Reply]
Starscream 02:07 PM 03-11-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
I doubt I will see the 200lb mark
I haven't seen it in twelve years.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 02:11 PM 03-11-2009
its been a while for me
[Reply]
Shaerza 03:04 PM 03-11-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Yes, WW allows extra points each week for a splurge night. You can use all of your extra points in one day, or you can use them throughout the week. But they recommend that you use them up by the end of the week.
Alrighty. I will just add that the entire time I was doing the WW program I did not actively try to use up extra points. If I had a few points left over every day for the week I considered that a bonus! I did my best to maintain my intake for the entire week, then I would allow a splurge every few weeks.. Usually in the form of a night out drinking =\ An important addition tho, is that I never starved myself or anything silly like that to reduce my points intake.

I never thought I would see 200lbs again when I was sitting up at 250 either :-) Took me about 8-9 months to shed it all. Certainly not a fast process!
[Reply]
Starscream 05:49 PM 03-11-2009
Alrighty. I will just add that the entire time I was doing the WW program I did not actively try to use up extra points. If I had a few points left over every day for the week I considered that a bonus!
Normally I don't go out of my way to use up those points either. But under my current circumstances, I'm looking forward to those splurge days, at least until Easter gets here.
[Reply]
Cyanide 06:39 PM 03-11-2009
Oh man, I have spent the last weekend and on into this week just continuously falling off the wagon. I discovered something called a boxty. Too good to stop eating!!!!

I am so ashamed of myself (not really). Will consider getting back "on the wagon" tomorrow morning.

Cheers to you all

Cy
[Reply]
kayaker 10:22 PM 03-11-2009
Great Jujutsu class tonight. I am going to be in a lot of pain tomorrow. We burn more calories while we are healing, right?
[Reply]
Starscream 06:34 AM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Great Jujutsu class tonight. I am going to be in a lot of pain tomorrow. We burn more calories while we are healing, right?
That's what I hear, anyways. No pain, no gain.:-)

I got in some exercise last night, not much, but some.
Played kickball at church with the 1st and 2nd grade class. Then we played dodgeball and tag. Upon returning to the house, my middle child and I went for a 2.2 mile ride on the bicycles.
Dinner was a 12" veggie sub, some Sun Chips, and later I had two slices of light bread with olive oil and a cup of peanuts.
[Reply]
kayaker 09:13 AM 03-12-2009
I got in some exercise last night, not much, but some.
Good stuff. Heck, chasing kids around has to be good exercise. Especially if you make fun games of it.
[Reply]
kayaker 10:53 AM 03-12-2009
After the amount I sweated last night, and how I was doing this week I was hoping for a better result. A 1.4lb drop is better than nothing, I guess.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:41 AM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
After the amount I sweated last night, and how I was doing this week I was hoping for a better result. A 1.4lb drop is better than nothing, I guess.
Congrats on hitting below the 240 mark, Ian! :-):-)

I have a feeling that I'm gonna gain this week. Last night I had veggie lo mein and veggie chow mein. I'm going to the beach today and spending the weekend there w/ the wife and w/o the kids. I've got a feeling I'm gonna eat good and do little exercise while at the beach.
[Reply]
Shaerza 08:40 AM 03-13-2009
I've got a feeling I'm gonna eat good and do little exercise while at the beach.
Get those thoughts outta your head! Thinking positive is the first step to succeeding:-) Telling yourself something like that ahead of time is just gonna give you an excuse for when you actually give in.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:42 AM 03-13-2009
Get those thoughts outta your head! Thinking positive is the first step to succeeding:-) Telling yourself something like that ahead of time is just gonna give you an excuse for when you actually give in.
That's true, but it won't be as much fun if I don't give in at least a little.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:52 AM 03-16-2009
If I don't gain weight this week, something is dead wrong. I hit the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet Sunday. Oysters Rockefeller, steamed muscles, New Foundland Special, Crab Imperial, crab legs, fried oysters, crawfish, peanut butter pie...

Anyway, I took the weekend off to celebrate. I even had some alcohol too (first time in over two months). Gonna brace myself for a gain when I weigh in Wednesday, and get back on the bandwagon.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:16 AM 03-17-2009
I have been introduced to a new world: Veggie substitutes. Boca Burgersand veggie sausage links do not taste like meat at all, but they are not bad. Boca burgers are especially good on the grill.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I weighed in yesterday and this morning at 242 still. Maybe I was more active than I thought over the weekend.
[Reply]
Cyanide 09:27 AM 03-17-2009
Woohoo!!!

Virus=Weight Loss.

After struggling to get back to the 119 mark for over a week, one good solid virus and I am right back there!

If any of you want a chance at using this method, PM your address and I will bomb you with used facial tissues.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:46 AM 03-17-2009
Originally Posted by Cyanide:
Woohoo!!!

Virus=Weight Loss.

After struggling to get back to the 119 mark for over a week, one good solid virus and I am right back there!

If any of you want a chance at using this method, PM your address and I will bomb you with used facial tissues.
:-)
No.
[Reply]
jquirit 12:14 PM 03-17-2009
Originally Posted by Cyanide:
Woohoo!!!

Virus=Weight Loss.

119?! Either that's a typo or you're really skinny, Cyanide. :-) As for your offer, I'm not too sure about that... Yet..

Weather has been absolute crap so going out an jogging hasn't happened (need to get myself some waterproof running clothing). So on the weigh-in yesterday my weight was still 209 pounds. Guess that's a good sign, at least I didn't gain in the interim.
[Reply]
Cyanide 01:31 PM 03-17-2009
Well, the pinky on my left hand is still pretty fat so I must have slipped onto the "1" when I meant to hit the "2". 219.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 129
« First < 9171819 20212969119 > Last »
Up