Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 26
« First < 9171819 2021 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs. Phillies W.S. 2009
Blueface 12:36 PM 11-03-2009
Between two fantasy football leagues and the World Series, I am sure glad I can put my heart back down my throat for one night.
May I rest in peace and if not, may my .25 Xanax address that.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:48 PM 11-03-2009
I just saw this headline...
"Title hopes not so bright for Yanks after Game 5."
I thought, "They're going home to win one game out of two. It'll take nothing short of an act of God for them not to win. Did this guy hit his head on something?"
The title was so stupid I didn't read the article.
That said, Go Phillies!!!
(I wanna watch 7 games) :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:48 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Between two fantasy football leagues and the World Series, I am sure glad I can put my heart back down my throat for one night.
May I rest in peace and if not, may my .25 Xanax address that.:-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
floydpink 01:32 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I just saw this headline...
"Title hopes not so bright for Yanks after Game 5."
I thought, "They're going home to win one game out of two. It'll take nothing short of an act of God for them not to win. Did this guy hit his head on something?"
The title was so stupid I didn't read the article.
That said, Go Phillies!!!
(I wanna watch 7 games) :-)
I just intercepted this message;
"Dear Phillies, get that trophy all nice and polished and head on down the Jersey Turnpike and don't stop until you get to the Bronx, we're gonna bury you real soon."
[Reply]
floydpink 01:34 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
"Dear Phillies, get that trophy all nice and polished and head on down the Jersey Turnpike and don't stop until you get to the Bronx, we're gonna bury you real soon."
I belive it was signed by Joe Girardi
[Reply]
ade06 01:40 PM 11-03-2009
I think that it would be hard for the Phillies to "head on down" the Jersey Turnpike and make it to the Bronx, considering NY is north of Philly. :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 01:50 PM 11-03-2009
Whatever direction it is to the Bronx doesn't matter, the dagger is ready to go right in the Phillies' heart
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:01 PM 11-03-2009
A serious question for the Yankee fans...

Do you think Girardi should have pitched Gaudin when up either 2-1 or 3-1? 660 The Fan fades in and out in my car down here, but from what I can tell, some think he should have pitched him to put his best arms on regular rest. Personally, at 2-1, I don't think he should have, but once at 3-1 I do. Of course I don't know much about Gaudin other than, for the playoff roster, he is apparently their 4th starter.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:08 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
A serious question for the Yankee fans...

Do you think Girardi should have pitched Gaudin when up either 2-1 or 3-1? 660 The Fan fades in and out in my car down here, but from what I can tell, some think he should have pitched him to put his best arms on regular rest. Personally, at 2-1, I don't think he should have, but once at 3-1 I do. Of course I don't know much about Gaudin other than, for the playoff roster, he is apparently their 4th starter.
Hard to say. I'm surprised they haven't used him other than once all playoffs, he was good for us after we got him from the Padres. I was watching Girardi's press conference and he said the reason for not using Gaudin was because he had only pitched once in the last 27 games so he may be rusty. I don't think he could have worse then Burnett did yesterday though, so yea I guess I think they should have used him.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:27 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Hard to say. I'm surprised they haven't used him other than once all playoffs, he was good for us after we got him from the Padres. I was watching Girardi's press conference and he said the reason for not using Gaudin was because he had only pitched once in the last 27 games so he may be rusty. I don't think he could have worse then Burnett did yesterday though, so yea I guess I think they should have used him.
I too would have used him.
[Reply]
floydpink 11:38 AM 11-04-2009
I wish my boss was reluctant to make me work on 3 days rest....:-)

Should be a great game, and I am still sticking by my Yankees in 6 prediction.

How fitting it would be with Petit getting the win and Pedro the loss.

I was in Disney yesterday and caught all kinds of flack about my Yankees shirt. It must be vacation in PA because the place was a sea of Phillies jerseys.
[Reply]
shilala 12:05 PM 11-04-2009
I wish my boss was reluctant to make me work on 3 days rest....:-)

Should be a great game, and I am still sticking by my Yankees in 6 prediction.

How fitting it would be with Petit getting the win and Pedro the loss.

I was in Disney yesterday and caught all kinds of flack about my Yankees shirt. It must be vacation in PA because the place was a sea of Phillies jerseys.
I think it's "jump aboard the Phillies bandwagon just because we wanna see the Yanks lose" fever.
You can pretty much substitute any NL team for the "Phillies" in that sentence for any given year. :-)
Andy Petite kicks ass. I have no idea how the Phils are gonna win tonight, and I wouldn't bet on them, but I can't wait to watch it play out.
Win or lose, I'd like to see Chase Utley drop at least two more in the cheap seats. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:27 PM 11-04-2009
I think it's "jump aboard the Phillies bandwagon just because we wanna see the Yanks lose" fever.
You can pretty much substitute any NL team for the "Phillies" in that sentence for any given year. :-)
That's why I'm pullin' for the Phillies.:-) Not just b/c it's the Yankees (although that has some to do with it), but because I'm a National League fan. It sucks to see them lose the All-Star game year after year, so it's good to see them win a World Series every now and then.
[Reply]
feznuk 12:43 PM 11-04-2009
Win or lose, I'd like to see Chase Utley drop at least two more in the cheap seats. :-)
:-) But I'd be surprised if they try to pitch to him tonight. I think they are going to come inside hard. Pettitte better be careful though...With his quick swing Utley can turn on the inside ball so there is going to be little room for error. I wouldn't doubt it if he gets plugged at least once tonight.

I'm expecting Pettitte to pitch around Utley and take his chances with Howard since his performance has been pathetic so far. I think that's the key to the game right there....If Howard can deliver then the Phils have a realistic chance at winning tonight.

Werth hit Pettitte hard in game 3 so hopefully he will do the same tonight.

It's going to take a lot of runs to win this game and both sides have demonstrated they can do that in a hurry.

I would love to see this go to a game 7 if only to see how Charlie plans to get through 9 innings of pitching tomorrow.

Go Phils!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:47 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by feznuk:
I would love to see this go to a game 7 if only to see how Charlie plans to get through 9 innings of pitching tomorrow.
:-)
No matter who wins, I want to see a seven game series. There won't be anymore baseball on for a while, so we better get all we can get while it lasts.
[Reply]
BigAsh 01:34 PM 11-04-2009
Andy Petite kicks ass. I have no idea how the Phils are gonna win tonight, and I wouldn't bet on them, but I can't wait to watch it play out.
.....Milwaukee? :-) would be nice for a new "Mr. October" to arrive
[Reply]
The Poet 02:07 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
.....Milwaukee? :-) would be nice for a new "Mr. October" to arrive
It's November on my calendar, my friend.

As for the Gaudin question above, I don't see it as a big deal. I feel more comfortable with Andy tonight on short rest than AJ on full rest. Yet if I was Girardi I'd have both Gaudin and Acevas warming up from pretty much the get-go. This will not bother Andy, since he does not let things get into his head.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 02:08 PM 11-04-2009
Should be a good one, this could be Pedro's last game? He may not have the 96 mph fast ball, but he knows how to pitch,and will go down in baseball history as one of the greatest pitchers of all time.:-)
[Reply]
floydpink 03:33 PM 11-04-2009
[Reply]
floydpink 03:36 PM 11-04-2009
Ok, so if it goes 7, is it gonna be Cliff Lee vs CC Sabathia? Or will the Phillies go with Cole Hamels?
[Reply]
Page 19 of 26
« First < 9171819 2021 > Last »
Up