Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 53
« First < 9171819 202129 > Last »
General Discussion>The Official Asylum Reef Tank Thread
Wolfgang 05:09 PM 02-07-2009
Well my Actinics kicked on so here was the best picture I could get. This in no way has been edited.

[Reply]
darb85 05:08 PM 02-10-2009
Coral Beauty went in today.

that and a tiny cinnimon clown. Like really tiny. He was in a tank with a lion and cowering in the corner, so I had to save him! hes about 1/2 of an inch. Neat little fish. Got him for free.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 06:42 PM 02-10-2009
Sweet! Mind you he will be aggressive when he gets older. But both are great fish the CB is very pretty!
[Reply]
darb85 07:33 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Sweet! Mind you he will be aggressive when he gets older. But both are great fish the CB is very pretty!
ya, Ill probably put him in my fish only when hes a bit bigger. Thinking about getting him a partner thoug
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:05 PM 02-10-2009
Cool. I would Do the criter cage thing Carlos was tlaking about. Cinamon clowns sometimes are aggressive twards each other.
[Reply]
darb85 09:30 AM 02-11-2009
Cool. I would Do the criter cage thing Carlos was tlaking about. Cinamon clowns sometimes are aggressive twards each other.
good to know, if I can find one, local place never gets them in..
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:01 AM 02-11-2009
My little dottyback that I thought disappeared is starting to come out at feeding time. I'm having to overfeed the whole tank just to make sure it gets enough to eat. This type of fish is supposed to get aggressive but it is too small for now. Woe be it to the other fish when it gets bigger. By then, though, they will be used to one another.
I got one of those back up air pumps and I took a thick walled gray PVC pipe about 1 1/4" dia and cut it just a little shorter than the height of my tank. I drilled two 1/2' holes about a quarter way in from both ends in the side of the pipe. I propped this pipe in the corner next to the overflow with the airstone hanging half way inside the pipe so that when the air turns on it creates a current in the pipe. This keeps the light off of the airstone so the algae will not grow on it. I think it would be clogged in two weeks if it were not dark.
[Reply]
darb85 10:31 AM 02-11-2009
oh and just puttin it out there, Im starting a fish only with LR. 110 Gallon Tank I got for free. Gonna run a 2 light T5, Sugar sand of somesort. Canister filter, 20 Gallon sump(gonna need some help here, never done one) Skimmer, 3 Korila 3s. just a little live rock, probably just some base rock.

Im gonna put in a lion fish, a Piccasso trigger(maybe) and a sailfin Tang. Maybe one other fish, but not really sure.

anything else you think I need?
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 02:44 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by darb85:
oh and just puttin it out there, Im starting a fish only with LR. 110 Gallon Tank I got for free. Gonna run a 2 light T5, Sugar sand of somesort. Canister filter, 20 Gallon sump(gonna need some help here, never done one) Skimmer, 3 Korila 3s. just a little live rock, probably just some base rock.

Im gonna put in a lion fish, a Piccasso trigger(maybe) and a sailfin Tang. Maybe one other fish, but not really sure.

anything else you think I need?
What do you need help with on the sump? Overflow into it and pump back to the tank through the filter? Or separate loops?
I would light the sump and fill it with live rock.
Is't a picasso a humuhumunukunukuapoa'a? Don''t they eat everything? Even fingertips? They are beautiful.
[Reply]
shilala 03:12 PM 02-13-2009
Two of my Banghai Cardinals kacked. My awesome green coral didn't survive the tank leak, either.
On a positive note, after the leak fix my tank looks totally awesome. I gotta get new pics up. :-)
[Reply]
fissure 04:56 PM 02-13-2009
Bangaii cardinal fish are notoriously hard to keep if they are wild caught. If you can find some tank raised ones, you'll be much better off. Wish I was still breeding them, I'd send you some:-)
[Reply]
darb85 02:20 PM 02-14-2009
Devils hand. Bought this, it was about 1/2 this size. You can also see my new Blastomussa

Blastomussa

Zoas, was half this size when I bought it too, taking off gang busters

New Yellowheaded Sleeper Goby

1/2 inch or less Cinnimon Clown
[Reply]
darb85 02:21 PM 02-14-2009
whole tank

Enjoy!
[Reply]
shaggy 02:36 PM 02-14-2009
looks great darb.....wonderful to see the tank come along from start to where it is now
[Reply]
darb85 02:38 PM 02-14-2009
Originally Posted by shaggy:
looks great darb.....wonderful to see the tank come along from start to where it is now
thanks!

Lots of Green Coraline algae too, lots. its pretty cool. decent amount of purple.
[Reply]
darb85 07:44 PM 02-15-2009
lost my cinnamon clown :-) He went into the overflow and didnt know he was in there, got pulled through the pump, saw him coming out of the output

I feel like im gonna cry over a damn fish. But he was my favorite. he was just so little and cute. gah, need to get a splash guard of some type i guess. poor little dude :-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:29 AM 02-16-2009
Believe it or not, I blew another seam on my tank.
This time I'm gonna empty it completely and redo all the seams. I'm tired of flooding the living room. It's getting old real fast. :-)
On a postive note, it'll be nice to not have to worry about it again for another 20 years or so. :-)
[Reply]
darb85 02:36 PM 02-16-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Believe it or not, I blew another seam on my tank.
This time I'm gonna empty it completely and redo all the seams. I'm tired of flooding the living room. It's getting old real fast. :-)
On a postive note, it'll be nice to not have to worry about it again for another 20 years or so. :-)
thats scary...
[Reply]
Wolfgang 05:41 PM 02-16-2009
Scott. When Seams start to blow It may be time to look for a new tank. Save yourself the heartache of waking up to a completely flooded room and fish on the floor.
[Reply]
shilala 06:37 PM 02-16-2009
Scott. When Seams start to blow It may be time to look for a new tank. Save yourself the heartache of waking up to a completely flooded room and fish on the floor.
I was thinking that, but I'll never find another corner 35 like it.
I've fixed seams twice, and those that I fixed are still choice.
I just need to do the whole thing and do it right.
I'd rather have nice thick seams I've done than the factory seams, anyways.
Maybe I'll smash it while I'm fixing it and that'll solve the problem altogether. :-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 53
« First < 9171819 202129 > Last »
Up