Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 189 of 351
« First < 89139179187188189 190191199239289 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Show your latest NC purchase!
wolfandwhisky 05:29 PM 04-17-2010
ok... the last of my NC recent acquisitions...

akumushi 05:41 PM 04-17-2010
First NC purchase in nearly a year, had to get me some DPG lanceros:
WyGuy 06:05 PM 04-17-2010
Lanceros....yum :-)
DropTheE 07:37 PM 04-17-2010
Originally Posted by Starz26:
Not Online as I will not pay those prices, not local...
I know, the online prices are nuts!!
wolfandwhisky 09:34 PM 04-17-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
I know, the online prices are nuts!!
Local B&M is virtually the only way to go - and you have to find a B&M that is an authorized Opus dealer than is selling product shipped from Fuente. Otherwise, B&M prices may be similar to online prices.

As a heads up to everyone... there is an Opus shipment that is hitting the shelves now. As I understand it, shipments are down to three times a year (used to be four). So, now may be the time to strike if you want to buy a box of Opus. And deep down, you know you do. :-)
kelmac07 10:19 PM 04-17-2010
Originally Posted by wolfandwhisky:
Local B&M is virtually the only way to go - and you have to find a B&M that is an authorized Opus dealer than is selling product shipped from Fuente. Otherwise, B&M prices may be similar to online prices.

As a heads up to everyone... there is an Opus shipment that is hitting the shelves now. As I understand it, shipments are down to three times a year (used to be four). So, now may be the time to strike if you want to buy a box of Opus. And deep down, you know you do. :-)
Of the four Opus X's that I have smoked...I am not impressed with them at all. :-) For the price, I would rather smoke so many other sticks. :-)
neoflex 10:33 PM 04-17-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Of the four Opus X's that I have smoked...I am not impressed with them at all. :-) For the price, I would rather smoke so many other sticks. :-)
They need a lot of down time. I used to feel the same as you and that was until I smoked an Opus that sat in my humi for at least three years. That stick was probably one of the best I had ever smoked. Soon after that I bought a good amount that got buried in the cabinet not to be seen again for 2 or more years. Fresh from th B&M or even less than a year I hate 'em believe it or not.
wolfandwhisky 11:22 PM 04-17-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Two considerations:

1. A lot of people bash them for the price, or say that for the cost of an Opus X they could get a couple of sticks they enjoy more. That is partly because a lot of people don't pay MSRP for them. A local resorts sells the Perfexcion X for $80. How many cigars can you think of that are worth $80? But, for $12-$15, it is a whole different story.

2. As neoflex mentioned, they age well. Seems to me that a lot of people who have them young and don't like them really like them after they've had some age.

My :-).
klipsch 09:01 AM 04-18-2010
Two considerations:

1. A lot of people bash them for the price, or say that for the cost of an Opus X they could get a couple of sticks they enjoy more. That is partly because a lot of people don't pay MSRP for them. A local resorts sells the Perfexcion X for $80. How many cigars can you think of that are worth $80? But, for $12-$15, it is a whole different story.

2. As neoflex mentioned, they age well. Seems to me that a lot of people who have them young and don't like them really like them after they've had some age.

My :-).
Gotta agree with the above on Opus. When I was first introduced to Opus last year, it's all I smoked, and searched for. Everyday...Opus, Opus Opus...until I got tired of them, and couldn't stand the flavor of another one. But the whole bottom double drawer of my humi was full of em...so they just sat for a year in there, without seeing the light of day. I began pulling one out here and there lately...and holy crap these are good. :-)
Dunkel 04:26 AM 04-19-2010
I don't have any fancy, expensive cigars to show, but I did pick these up from C-bid the other day...

I got a box of LHCOF Beli's a few weeks ago, too, but they went to the humidor without any pics being taken.
kelmac07 07:37 PM 04-19-2010
Nothing wrong with those Legend Red Labels Doug!! :-)
DropTheE 08:35 PM 04-19-2010

Well I went crazy again.
2 Boxes of Nubs
354 Connecticut and 460 Habano
1 Box of Partagas Black Label Crystal Tubos
1 Box Oliva G Cameroon Toros
and for fun....maybe I will smoke one who knows:-) a Soprano Special Edition with the funny cigars!!!

Not pictured, I also picked up 10 Tempus Quadrums and 10 more G.A.R. Robustos. Getting close to being stocked up for the summer. I am thinking 4 more boxes and I will be about where I want to be + the Lexington will be starting to get filled up.
Chris. 08:41 PM 04-19-2010
Today's purchases. Kistoff Sumatra and Maduro, two epernays, illusione~68~, seleccion del sol, two tat red tubos

kelmac07 08:42 PM 04-19-2010
Nice grabs by all!! :-)
maverickdrinker 09:33 PM 04-19-2010
well done guys!!!!
DropTheE 09:40 PM 04-19-2010
Just won my first Cbid auction....scored a box of Perdomo2 L.E. Epicure Maduro for $58.00+ $5.95 shipping
Not too bad of a price...over at the CI site, they are 106.00 for a box so feeling like I got a pretty good score. They had some of those Padilla Dominus Robustos that ended up only going for $61.00 (two boxes), I missed putting in a bid for those (I looked and they are 200.00 a box on CI) (Has anybody had Dominus, are they any good??, if so I will keep my eye out for the next time they are on the block!! )
That can be a terribly addictive website...Holy Cow!!
I will put up a pic when my P2's come in.
wolfandwhisky 09:40 PM 04-19-2010
and for fun....maybe I will smoke one who knows:-) a Soprano Special Edition with the funny cigars!!!
Woah - hadn't seen those before! Those things looks crazy!
DropTheE 09:44 PM 04-19-2010
They are nuts.....It has 2 bats, 2 champagne bottles and an 86 ring guage bullet that would take like 5 hours to smoke!!!
They are just huge!!
They had them on clearance and I figured what the hey!!
Here is the link if you want it
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product...DURO/73658.uts (Has a nicer picture too)

More of a gimmick I suppose, but still pretty neat what they did!
Emjaysmash 09:55 PM 04-19-2010
They are nuts.....It has 2 bats, 2 champagne bottles and an 86 ring guage bullet that would take like 5 hours to smoke!!!
They are just huge!!
They had them on clearance and I figured what the hey!!
Here is the link if you want it
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product...DURO/73658.uts (Has a nicer picture too)

More of a gimmick I suppose, but still pretty neat what they did!
Very cool! I've always wondered how those things would smoke... I've never gotten the balls to buy a set because I have no idea what I'd do with more then one!
That and I'd have to take up stock in my brand of lighter fluid... those things look like they need a flamethrower to get toasted and lit!
MedicCook 09:56 PM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by akumushi:
First NC purchase in nearly a year, had to get me some DPG lanceros:
:-)
Page 189 of 351
« First < 89139179187188189 190191199239289 > Last »
Up