Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 186 of 270
« First < 86136176184185186 187188196236 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
mosesbotbol 05:28 AM 02-04-2013
^ looks like heart attack city ^ tasty I bet!
[Reply]
8lug 06:48 AM 02-04-2013
I forgot to buy charcole so I had to burn straight oak and hickory. Kinda of a pita preheating the wood and tending fire.

[Reply]
OLS 06:52 AM 02-04-2013
No one forgets anything. You secretly despised the people you had over and wanted to fail in some way
to show them. At least that's what Freud would say, anyway. But Freud was never much fun at Super
Bowl parties.
[Reply]
OLS 06:54 AM 02-04-2013
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
Here's the finished product.
and all sliced up.
I like those plates. Remember I have no taste, that's why no woman will have me, but I DO know
what I like, and I like those plates. That fattie ain't no slouch either. I like the ingredients, I am not
sure I ever heard of a pulled pork fatty. But it would have been good with some bleu cheese in there.
[Reply]
Scothew 10:05 AM 02-05-2013
I brined and smoked a butt for the super bowl get together i was going to. I tried something a bit different with the brine, on top of my normal salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, onion and garlic powder, i also added crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, and about 1/4 bottle of crown royal. Let it cook a bit, simmer for awhile pulling all the flavors out of the herbs and brined it for about 18hours.

This was all in prep for not doing traditional bbq sandwhiches, we were doing pulled pork tacos. Anyway, the brine worked amazingly well. It had some flavor from the crown and me and the host that knew what was in it could pick it out immediately in the meat, and it was good. Im shocked at how good it was.

it smoked for about 12 hours btw, left it a tad underdone, (pulled and wrapped in foil at 160) since it was going to be reheated the next day.. we cut it up and finished it in the oven at the host house. I threw a few friends on teh smoker while I was at just because i had the room and it ended up being my dinner saturday lol.

anyway, PICS!
Attached: IMG_5868 (Copy).jpg (79.5 KB) IMG_5871 (Copy).jpg (102.5 KB) IMG_5878 (Copy).jpg (94.9 KB) IMG_5889 (Copy).jpg (66.1 KB) IMG_5890 (Copy).jpg (62.1 KB) 
[Reply]
OLS 04:54 PM 02-17-2013
Decided enough was enough today....temps went from mid 30s to mid 50s in a day, so I thawed some wings.
I know they say they are pumped with 15% broth or water, who knows. I only know they were 100% good.
I used Rendevouz Rub, one of Memphis' best BBQ joints. I was lucky enough to be the recipient of not
just one, but two re-gifts from upper management. They got a selection of the best rubs and sauces from
what surely is the best BBQ city in the world, good ole Memphis. They came from a company we buy
chemicals from. All the ribs I had brought to work in the past marked me as a likely person to re-gift it all to.
Over a period of a few weeks, I got 2 Rendevouz rub bottles along with 2 bottles of sauce, 2 rub and
2 sauce from Corky's and one bottle of The BBQ Shop sauce, (which to me is the best sauce in town).
I also got some Sweet baby Ray's, but most of you know I got that covered....lol

That's what it looked like before I doubled up, and now have a good 11 jumbo-size bottles of that SBR before you
even start to COUNT my new arrivals.

That's the good part. The bad part is that ehhh, its OK, not better than my own rub, but everyone's tastes
are different in the end. And Rendevouz didn't get to be top 3 in the city with bad rub. OH, sorry...the pics.
No sauce on these....

[Reply]
MACS 10:06 PM 02-18-2013
I have 30 lbs + of shoulder in a molasses/salt/water brine. Gonna put it on the smoker tomorrow to take to work on Wednesday.
[Reply]
OLS 01:49 PM 02-21-2013
Gotta smoke a rack of ribs tonight in the freezing rain....I hope it lets up before I have
to start the coals. I need to take a rack down with me to New Orleans tomorrow.
[Reply]
LooseCard 05:37 PM 02-24-2013
Come on guys! Keep this thread alive!

I have to live vicariously though you all, for another 52 days yet!
[Reply]
pnoon 05:39 PM 02-24-2013
Originally Posted by LooseCard:
Come on guys! Keep this thread alive!

I have to live vicariously though you all, for another 52 days yet!
Hot smoking some salmon with a glaze made of olive oil, Dijon, and brown sugar.
[Reply]
Steve 05:40 PM 02-24-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Hot smoking some salmon with a glaze made of olive oil, Dijon, and brown sugar.
:-):-)
[Reply]
Steve 05:41 PM 02-24-2013
Boo's birthday is coming up this weekend. She is having a bunch of girlfriends over and has requested ribs and yard bird. Pictures will be forthcoming in a few days.
[Reply]
Steve 12:00 PM 03-02-2013
2 pork butts, 4 slabs of ribs, a brisket and a dozen chicken quarters...yum-yum!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:00 PM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by Steve:
2 pork butts, 4 slabs of ribs, a brisket and a dozen chicken quarters...yum-yum!
Yum is right. Sounds good Steve. I'll be right over:-):-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 01:41 PM 03-02-2013
Where are the pics Steve? :-)
[Reply]
OLS 02:24 PM 03-02-2013
Smoked a rack of spare ribs for a girl at work's birthday. Trimmed em to shape and smoked all the trimmings,
plus a pack of about 8-9 western style ribs. Those damn things are tastier than freaking ribs to me. Ray's
has just been slathered on and we are about to go to the glazing operation. Put a couple of taters in there, too
Attached: ribs mar13a.jpg (115.8 KB) ribs mar13b.jpg (125.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:40 PM 03-02-2013
14lbs of pork belly, soon to be bacon.
[Reply]
Steve 03:01 PM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Where are the pics Steve?

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:10 PM 03-02-2013
...and a few cold ones and I'm saying we're all good here! Nice looking BBQ Steve:-)
[Reply]
Steve 08:34 PM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
...and a few cold ones and I'm saying we're all good here! Nice looking BBQ Steve:-)
Thanks Mark.

I was going to post some finished product p04n, but it went too quick!

I wish I had gotten a shot of the chicken quarters we did. We tried something new with them today. Holly was going to marinade the leg quarters in a Mojo sauce we had hanging around in the fridge, but it had gone bad. She found some margarita mixer in there though and she mixed up some of that with some orange juice and we soaked the chicken in that for a couple of hours, then sprinkled some garlic and some onion powder over them as we put them into the smoker. 3.5 hours and boom! Awesome flavor. I let the firebox end of the smoker go up to around 250* (the pork and brisket were in the front) and it came out really well. Skin was crispy but not burn and the meat was melt in your mouth good.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 186 of 270
« First < 86136176184185186 187188196236 > Last »
Up