Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 183 of 350
« First < 83133173181182183 184185193233283 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
DBall 10:55 AM 03-01-2010
I am stoked... I realized that I wasn't tired in some areas so I changed up my weights. I gotta tell someone, so here goes:

Warm Up Run - walk at 3.8mph .5mi, run at 6 to 8mph 1.0mi, walk at 3.8mph

- this is unchanged from Friday

Chest Press: 60# x 10, 10 push-ups, 40# x 5

- this from 50# x 10, 10 push-ups, 50# x 5 Friday

Curls: 48# x 10, went for 60#, did 20 more ( :-) :-) )

- this from 36# X 20 Friday

Leg Ext: 96# x 20

- this from 72# x 20 Friday

Leg Press: 120# x 20

- this from 84# x 20 Friday

Assisted Pull-Ups: 10 each (3 different kinds) w/ 80# assisted

- this was unchanged from Friday

Chest Fly: 84# x 16

- this from 84# x 10 Friday

Abs: 25 crunches, 10 slow bicycles, 20 fast bicycles

Cigar: 02 LGC MdO#3

- this from an 02 Anejo (I thought that I'd dig an aged NC... silly me) and a something-cuban-I-can't-remember) Friday.

These may be the smallest numbers floating around in this thread, but I am incredibly happy with them. I've only been at the gym a couple weeks and i've improved how much I can lift/push about 60% or more in most areas in that short a time. Weight remains unchanged (135-140#).

:-)
PeteSB75 12:49 PM 03-01-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
I am stoked... I realized that I wasn't tired in some areas so I changed up my weights. I gotta tell someone, so here goes:

Warm Up Run - walk at 3.8mph .5mi, run at 6 to 8mph 1.0mi, walk at 3.8mph

- this is unchanged from Friday

Chest Press: 60# x 10, 10 push-ups, 40# x 5

- this from 50# x 10, 10 push-ups, 50# x 5 Friday

Curls: 48# x 10, went for 60#, did 20 more ( :-) :-) )

- this from 36# X 20 Friday

Leg Ext: 96# x 20

- this from 72# x 20 Friday

Leg Press: 120# x 20

- this from 84# x 20 Friday

Assisted Pull-Ups: 10 each (3 different kinds) w/ 80# assisted

Chest Fly: 84# x 16

- this from 84# x 10 Friday

Abs: 25 crunches, 10 slow bicycles, 20 fast bicycles

Cigar: 02 LGC MdO#3

- this from an 02 Anejo (I thought that I'd dig an aged NC... silly me) and a something-cuban-I-can't-remember) Friday.

These may be the smallest numbers floating around in this thread, but I am incredibly happy with them. I've only been at the gym a couple weeks and i've improved how much I can lift/push about 60% or more in most areas in that short a time. Weight remains unchanged (135-140#).

All that matters is that you are working and improving your results. Enjoy this time in your lifting career. The first 3-4 months will be like this, and you will never get the same improvements in the same time again.
BigFrank 03:07 PM 03-01-2010
Off to the Gym. First day back in over a week. Bring on some soreness!!!10 weeks out brothers.
icehog3 04:35 PM 03-01-2010
Good luck Frank!

Nice lifting Dokk and Dan!

Two days off for me (today and tomorrow) as I am in daytime training and don't enjoy lifting in the evening anymore. Two days off is good for these old tendons anyway. :-)
BigFrank 06:32 PM 03-01-2010
Back from the Gym

Just an easy get back into the swing of things workout.
425x10,10 Almost puked both times...
Leg Presses
GHR
Reverse Hyper
Calves
Forgot to do ab work, then split.
GreekGodX 06:38 PM 03-01-2010
Good work Frank :-)

I think I need to rest up. My lifts have been pretty poor. Lack of energy and motivation. Probably gonna take the rest of the week off and start a new workout next Monday.
BigFrank 07:41 PM 03-01-2010
I would recommend time off. Does wonders.
icehog3 08:28 PM 03-01-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Back from the Gym

Just an easy get back into the swing of things workout.
425x10,10 Almost puked both times...
Easy for you maybe!! :-)

Nice "slow" start, Frank!
DBall 08:33 PM 03-01-2010
There needs to be a thread on some of these terms... I see all this stuff and have no clue what the hell any of it means. It's a different language for my gym-newb mind. :-)
PeteSB75 06:32 AM 03-02-2010
Some volume work this morning on bench, incline and some 21s to finish it out. Nice to get back into the gym, but I really enjoyed sleeping in last week. Oh well.

There needs to be a thread on some of these terms... I see all this stuff and have no clue what the hell any of it means. It's a different language for my gym-newb mind. :-)
What terms do you not recognize?
DBall 07:57 AM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:

Pretty much any of the exercises (i.e. DB inclines, rows, etc..) and other stuff like "superset"
The Professor 08:11 AM 03-02-2010
Back attack.

HS low rows: up to 3pie+20# on each side for 3 sets (lots of volume leading up to that, though)

HS high rows superset with medicine ball: 2pie each side, 20# medicine ball; sets of 12/10/10 on the rows, sets of 10,6,9 on the throws

Old skool t-bar: worked from 1pie in sets of 10 up to 5pie. at 5p, I did 2 sets of 5 (no straps). then tried my hand at 6p ... and hit 3 reps, dropped it, then did 1 more and dropped it (the 6p were strapped in). not great; but not bad, either.

Pull-ups: natty grip, 3 sets of 10, which is the most pull-ups I've done in years. :-)

Time ran out, so I called it quits....
DBall 08:28 AM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Pretty much any of the exercises (i.e. DB inclines, rows, etc..) and other stuff like "superset"
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Back attack.

HS low rows: up to 3pie+20# on each side for 3 sets (lots of volume leading up to that, though)

HS high rows superset with medicine ball: 2pie each side, 20# medicine ball; sets of 12/10/10 on the rows, sets of 10,6,9 on the throws

Old skool t-bar: worked from 1pie in sets of 10 up to 5pie. at 5p, I did 2 sets of 5 (no straps). then tried my hand at 6p ... and hit 3 reps, dropped it, then did 1 more and dropped it (the 6p were strapped in). not great; but not bad, either.

Pull-ups: natty grip, 3 sets of 10, which is the most pull-ups I've done in years. :-)

...and anything Dokk writes. :-)
King James 09:06 AM 03-02-2010
http://www.mymuscles.com/terminology.htm

there is a little help, Dan. Not the greatest, and some odd ones on there, but is a start :-)

this one is pretty good http://www.trygve.com/weightsglossary.html
The Professor 09:28 AM 03-02-2010
...and anything Dokk writes. :-)

Here's some translation for things that may not be on those lists.

HS = HammerStrength (it's a brand and a particular style of machine that's plate loaded).

Old skooll t-bar = when you take a barbell, put one end in the corner of a wall, load the other end up with weights, and stand over the bar, facing the weights, and use a v-grip (like from a cable low-row machine) to grip the bar and row.

Natty grip = natural grip, with your palms facing each other.

Pie = a 45lb plate, which is 1pie.

Anything else from my post today? :-)
PeteSB75 09:31 AM 03-02-2010
Back attack.

Translation for Dan:

Row - back exercise - pulling a weight towards the body with the arm(s). Many variations, basically hinging on the mechanism for applying resistance, the direction of that resistance, and the position of the body during the exercise.
Hammer Strength Low Rows - HS is a type of machine that is plate loaded, with direct resistance rather than cabled - Low row is seated, back straight, arms pulled towards the body at the mid-lower abdomen.

HS High Rows - seated, pad in front of the chest, pulling from above and in front, down to the body

Superset: doing a set of one exercise immediately followed by another exercise generally working a different muscle group.

Pie - a 45lb plate, also referred to as a plate. 1/2 pie is generally a 25lb plate.

Old skool t-bar - normal full size bar is placed on the ground, with one end secured, in a corner or with other weights, while the other end is loaded. The bar is straddled and lifted from above.

natty grip - also called neutral grip.

DB - dumbells - DB Incline would be incline presses with dumbells.

If you continue with lifting, most of the abbreviations are pretty self-explanatory. Standard practice with weights is, if two arms or full body is used then full weight is listed. If each side is independant, i.e. with dumbells or HS machines, weight listed is for each arm/leg.
PeteSB75 09:31 AM 03-02-2010

Here's some translation for things that may not be on those lists.

HS = HammerStrength (it's a brand and a particular style of machine that's plate loaded).

Old skooll t-bar = when you take a barbell, put one end in the corner of a wall, load the other end up with weights, and stand over the bar, facing the weights, and use a v-grip (like from a cable low-row machine) to grip the bar and row.

Natty grip = natural grip, with your palms facing each other.

Pie = a 45lb plate, which is 1pie.

Anything else from my post today? :-)
beat me to it. :-)
DBall 09:40 AM 03-02-2010
You guys rock... thanks for the info. I think I just need to go to the gym with someone who knows what they are doing to show me the ropes. Right now, I just go by myself and try figuring stuff out.

If any of you ever end up in Rochester, lemme know... :-)
GreekGodX 11:37 AM 03-02-2010
Day 1 of rest is unexciting. Hate taking days off from the gym. Gonna do some foam rolling and stretching later..
PeteSB75 12:37 PM 03-02-2010
You guys rock... thanks for the info. I think I just need to go to the gym with someone who knows what they are doing to show me the ropes. Right now, I just go by myself and try figuring stuff out.

If any of you ever end up in Rochester, lemme know... :-)
I'm occasionally in Syracuse visiting my Dad, but that's as close as I get.
Page 183 of 350
« First < 83133173181182183 184185193233283 > Last »
Up