Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 181 of 270
« First < 81131171179180181 182183191231 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
MarkinAZ 10:09 AM 12-08-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Rainy day, or it rained this morning and will threaten sprinkles all day. Might go smoke a cigar and bring some newspaper to sit on. and watch the nuthatches and chickadees eat off the feeder. it might be miller time
Sounds like a great way to enjoy the rest of the day Brad. Going out later to grab a Xmas tree...
[Reply]
OLS 08:46 AM 12-09-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Sounds like a great way to enjoy the rest of the day Brad. Going out later to grab a Xmas tree...
Turned out it was ABITA time, had a bomber of Abita 25th Anniversary Ale which SUCKED at the Shack
when it was passed around the tasting table. I am guessing that it was simply a taste comparison, as
we were tasting SO MANY great beers with quality viscosity and recipes, and it was a little like drinking
wine after brushing your teeth. I had all 22 oz and it was fine. The total ended up being one fantastic
butt and a few good chicken halves, and NO DAMN PICTURES. How embarrassing. Now the
rain is coming and i have a lot of good food to eat.
[Reply]
Ubiquitous 02:50 PM 12-09-2012
Turned out it was ABITA time, had a bomber of Abita 25th Anniversary Ale which SUCKED at the Shack
when it was passed around the tasting table. I am guessing that it was simply a taste comparison, as
we were tasting SO MANY great beers with quality viscosity and recipes, and it was a little like drinking
wine after brushing your teeth. I had all 22 oz and it was fine. The total ended up being one fantastic
butt and a few good chicken halves, and NO DAMN PICTURES. How embarrassing. Now the
rain is coming and i have a lot of good food to eat.
I LOVE the Turbodog stout! That's a great brewery.
[Reply]
Scothew 09:12 AM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
Oh my! I'm stealing your recipe so that when it dries out in Oregon (late June) then I can try to duplicate your delicious looking feat. Wow!
Originally Posted by ZaneG:
Those look perfect!
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
WOAH DUDE!!! Break me off a piece of that chicken... :-)
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Wow Scott, those look fantastic.
Thanks all. I love doing turkey the same way, usually try to use pecan wood (Thanks to Brent for turning me onto that for poultry) but hickory does a nice job as well.
[Reply]
OLS 09:24 AM 12-15-2012
Originally Posted by Mrtoadzwildride:
I LOVE the Turbodog stout! That's a great brewery.
Thanks for that correction, that is actually what it is, a stout. Sorry bout that, lol.
No smoker action for me today, got nothing thawed and it's a ehhh day out there this morning.
if it improves I might get out the the store and pick up something fresh to smoke. But even then,
gots no coal.
[Reply]
Steve 09:56 AM 12-17-2012
We had our Office Christmas Party Saturday, so I threw a couple (15) of slabs of ribs on Ol' Girl along with some sausage, homemade baked beans, taters, and a cabage palm heart.

Tasty!
[Reply]
Mr B 10:04 AM 12-17-2012
Awesome Steve!
[Reply]
OLS 07:35 AM 12-21-2012
Merry Christmas to all my smoking buddies that I have made while drooling at photos
and otherwise messin up the planet by smoking meat. The people that hang out in this
thread are without a doubt the best of the Asylum. You all know who you are.

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:39 AM 12-21-2012
Merry Christmas to all my smoking buddies that I have made while drooling at photos
and otherwise messin up the planet by smoking meat. The people that hang out in this
thread are without a doubt the best of the Asylum. You all know who you are.

Nice pig Brad...:-)

And a big Merry Xmas to you too, and the rest of you fine smokers out there:-)

[Reply]
EricF 11:52 AM 12-25-2012
Got these working right now!
[Reply]
OLS 12:13 PM 12-25-2012
My Brother in law gave me a Cigars Intl. Mild smokes ten pack in my stocking,
Not sure if he really understands havana smokers...or at least me. There is a
ghurka in it, lol. So as he also gave me some rubs, I might go get a rack of
ribs from Lion Food tomorrow and turn his gas grill into a one-time smoker.
[Reply]
EricF 06:26 PM 12-25-2012
The finished product!
[Reply]
Steve 08:26 PM 12-25-2012
Originally Posted by EricF:
The finished product!
:-) :-):-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:32 AM 12-27-2012
My Christmas porchetta

[Reply]
BigAsh 03:03 PM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
My Christmas porchetta

And?....Details man, details!!
[Reply]
Commander Quan 09:14 AM 12-28-2012
I just finished my last smoke of the year, and it had to have been some sort of speed record. 2 butts totaling 15 pounds, and finished in 11 hours. Unfortunately, it happened to hit that 205 mark at 4:30am. I was going to go back to bed, but who could sleep with fresh BBQ in the house.
[Reply]
dijit 11:19 AM 12-28-2012
Does anyone have any winter smoker tips? I am not blessed with a large commercial smoker, but I make do with what I have.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 12:29 PM 12-28-2012
Well what do you have?

Usually wind is a bigger issue than temperature.
[Reply]
Steve 04:15 PM 12-28-2012
Originally Posted by dijit:
Does anyone have any winter smoker tips? I am not blessed with a large commercial smoker, but I make do with what I have.
Moving blankets can be your friend...:-)
[Reply]
8lug 09:03 AM 12-30-2012
I've been lerking around this forum for a while, it has inspired me to fire up my smoker.
Mustard and rub
Oh crap it snowed last night

on its way

At cruisin temp

about 5 more hours to go
[Reply]
Page 181 of 270
« First < 81131171179180181 182183191231 > Last »
Up