Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 352
« First < 8161718 19202868118 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
GhostRyder 06:48 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
Absolutely.

My personal preference is Speer Gold Dots. For the longest time Federal Hydra-Shocks were "it" to carry. What a lot of people didn't know was the FH-S had a very small velocity range envelope in which the round performed as designed. The Gold Dot's performance envelope is much greater.
:-)
I just ordered some new rounds to try. Going to give the Hydra-Shok 124 gr +P+ loads a shot in the G19. Also, Hornady TAP 147 gr.

My go to right now is the Winchester Ranger (RA9T), although I'm all out at the moment. They are harder to find.

This is all hypothetical obviously, since I tragically lost all my firearms... obviously. :-)
smokeyandthebandit05 08:17 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I don't have a lot of recommendations on bandoliers. I bought a cheap one from some gun show vendor. I don't think the quality is that great b/c some of the loops are starting to fray.

Do you know of any other means of carrying plentiful ammo?
elderboy02 08:25 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Do you know of any other means of carrying plentiful ammo?
I can't think of any. Maybe a tactical vest with lots of pockets. Of course, you can carry ammo cans. Hopefully, someone else on here has some ideas.
smokeyandthebandit05 10:29 AM 02-20-2009
I guess I'll have to go with the ammo cans

and here is my latest haul

1000 rounds Fiocchi .223 and Wild Bills beef jerky complete with mason jar, 60oz or jerky, and a stack of 12 tins of jerky chew!

floydpink 11:31 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I can't think of any. Maybe a tactical vest with lots of pockets. Of course, you can carry ammo cans. Hopefully, someone else on here has some ideas.
check out www.cheaperthandirt.com they have all kinds of cool stuff and survival gear.

most I ever carry is an extra speedloader for my 38 sp, which is rare.

I figure if I need more than 5 shots, I am in a gunfight that I should have run from and will likely die from anyway.

Speaking of ammo, has anyone else noticed a big shortage?
I've been trying to find the Speer Gold Dot short barrels for a month with no luck.

Elderboy recommened them and research and talking has proven they are indeed best, although I wasn't really doubting him.

I guess Federal and Speer are the same company, so Federal Hydra Shocks it is until I can find Speers....
Junior 03:16 PM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
check out www.cheaperthandirt.com they have all kinds of cool stuff and survival gear.

most I ever carry is an extra speedloader for my 38 sp, which is rare.

I figure if I need more than 5 shots, I am in a gunfight that I should have run from and will likely die from anyway.

Speaking of ammo, has anyone else noticed a big shortage?
I've been trying to find the Speer Gold Dot short barrels for a month with no luck.

Elderboy recommened them and research and talking has proven they are indeed best, although I wasn't really doubting him.

I guess Federal and Speer are the same company, so Federal Hydra Shocks it is until I can find Speers....
Cheaperthandirt does have a lot of stuff, but I will not buy from them because of what they did after the election.

Have you checked midwayusa.com for the speers. Thats where I get mine.
floydpink 03:31 PM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by Junior:
Cheaperthandirt does have a lot of stuff, but I will not buy from them because of what they did after the election.

Have you checked midwayusa.com for the speers. Thats where I get mine.
what did they do after the election?

checked Midway, backordered on the 38 sp short barrels, but thanks!
Roland of Gilead 03:50 PM 02-20-2009
Guns are bad. I don't own any. They scare me.

I sure don't own any guns like these...

And I don't take pics of people shooting guns either...

and so on.

That's all I can take...

I'm just so on edge now...

-Roland.
floydpink 04:00 PM 02-20-2009
Is that muzzle flash on the 3rd pic?
Roland of Gilead 04:07 PM 02-20-2009
Is that muzzle flash on the 3rd pic?
Muzzle flash? I don't know what that is.

Guns like these are bad and they scare me.

-Roland.
Catfish 04:47 PM 02-20-2009
Obviously a rank amateur that hasn't taken that many shots of guns in action. Definitely luck to get such awesome pics of a Thompson's brass in almost perfect synch in mid air.

Roland, go get some more practice taking pics of other people's guns. :-):-):-)
floydpink 04:54 PM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
Obviously a rank amateur that hasn't taken that many shots of guns in action. Definitely luck to get such awesome pics of a Thompson's brass in almost perfect synch in mid air.

Roland, go get some more practice taking pics of other people's guns. :-):-):-)

Ironic how I was thinking the exact same thing. Never met a gun enthusiast who isn't glad to talk about his guns as well as his right to bear arms.

Full of sarcasm and attitude for such a newbie as well.

I've vowed to limit the amount of times I call BS, but since you did...... Bravo!
Roland of Gilead 05:05 PM 02-20-2009
Ironic how I was thinking the exact same thing. Never met a gun enthusiast who isn't glad to talk about his guns as well as his right to bear arms.

Full of sarcasm and attitude for such a newbie as well.

I've vowed to limit the amount of times I call BS, but since you did...... Bravo!

Okay, okay... I like guns a little, and sometimes I take some pics of people shooting guns...

You guys saw through my charade! Bravo! Well played!:-)

:-)

-Roland.
floydpink 05:54 PM 02-20-2009
Well played>?? I doubt you even took the pics. I'll even guess you googled them and went through a lot of work organizing them and posting them hoping someone would be impressed.
Quite possibly copyrighted material as well.

Poorly played, and might I suggest introducing yourself in the new inmate section??

You wasted your first 4 posts making a jackass of yourself, but fortunately did it in the firearms thread, not a trade or pif thread.
Thrak 06:12 PM 02-20-2009
*shrug* all those pics are absolutely from the same location, probably even the same day...

also his screen name lends itself to him being a gunslinger.
GhostRyder 07:43 PM 02-20-2009
Sweet pics. As far as ammo goes.. ammunitiontogo.com is where it is at. Pretty solid prices and one of the best ammo selections I have ever seen.
Junior 09:24 PM 02-20-2009
what did they do after the election?

checked Midway, backordered on the 38 sp short barrels, but thanks!
They jacked the price way up on ammo, and mags. Basically anthing that could be construed as an assault weapon.

example our low price $7.00
List Price $3.50
Your Savings -3.50 -100%
floydpink 09:01 AM 02-21-2009
The store and range I use is huge and they have a lot of buying power and great prices. Lately, though, certain brands and ammo are in short supply.

Smaller Glocks, for example, are on backorder.

I'd imagine I'll find the Gold Dots soon enough.
Roland of Gilead 05:35 PM 02-22-2009
Well played>?? I doubt you even took the pics. I'll even guess you googled them and went through a lot of work organizing them and posting them hoping someone would be impressed.
Quite possibly copyrighted material as well.

Poorly played, and might I suggest introducing yourself in the new inmate section??

You wasted your first 4 posts making a jackass of yourself, but fortunately did it in the firearms thread, not a trade or pif thread.
Wow. ooookay.

Just for the record, I love to shoot guns, and have been since I could hold one. I also find shooting a camera fun too. Trust me when I say, I own all the copyrights to the images I posted.

Sorry if I ruffled anyones feathers.

Some more just for fun...

Someone always calles "photoshop" on this one...

-Roland.
elderboy02 05:42 PM 02-22-2009
I love those photos Roland! Welcome!
Page 18 of 352
« First < 8161718 19202868118 > Last »
Up