Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 54
« First < 8161718 192028 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
poker 08:47 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I am really re-thinking the whole thing of going to the store on the 24th.
That is going to be hell.
May show up to see how the line is and then leave and just order it by maiil and when I get it, I get it.
I was thinking the same thing.

Then again I may wait. Knowing Apple, they will come out with something new like a iPhone 4s in a few months anyways :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 08:53 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
I was thinking the same thing.

Then again I may wait. Knowing Apple, they will come out with something new like a iPhone 4s in a few months anyways :-)
I envision the 4G next, then the 4GS if history serves to repeat itself.
We will be in line forever it seems.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 08:55 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by rack04:
That's dedication there. :-) I've seen you give more effort to a Punch Churchill.
Who am I kidding?
Just looked over to my boss who happens to be seated next to me this week and told him my calendar will show a Personal Day on 6/24.:-)
[Reply]
croatan 08:55 AM 06-16-2010
I was able to get our two ordered around 5:30 pm yesterday through apple's website. Got the email confirmations late last night. So I'm cautiously optimistic we may actually have these things delivered on launch day. *fingers crossed*
[Reply]
Blueface 08:57 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
I was able to get our two ordered around 5:30 pm yesterday. Got the email confirmations late last night. So I'm cautiously optimistic we may actually have these things delivered on launch day. *fingers crossed*
Wow!
Amongst the lucky few James.
By the time I returned to my hotel last night, 7/2 was the earliest for shipping, not for receiving.
I figure I will have to do an early wait in line on 6/24 for when the store opens at 7 a.m.
Pack a lunch and some cocktails while I at it.
[Reply]
Mindflux 08:59 AM 06-16-2010
Wow!

I figure I will have to do an early wait in line on 6/24 for when the store opens at 7 a.m.
Pack a lunch and some cocktails while I at it.
The iPad line started around 3AM around here. :-) I got there at 10AM and was about 2 blocks from the store in line.

:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:27 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by Mindflux:
The iPad line started around 3AM around here. :-) I got there at 10AM and was about 2 blocks from the store in line.

You have got to be kidding me!!!
No way I will do that.
I can wait for it to be eventually dropped off at my door.
Screw that.
[Reply]
Mindflux 10:29 AM 06-16-2010
Apple just announced 600,000 iPhone 4's sold on Day #1 of preorder.
[Reply]
aich75013 10:29 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by Mindflux:

I ordered 2 this morning.
Won't be shipped until the 2nd. Arriving between the 6th and 8th.
I'd rather wait just over a week than fight with the people at the Apple store.
I'll be in Vegas during that wait time, so I won't even notice.
I do have one on reserve, but I was having issues reserving a second one, so I'll just cancel it.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:41 AM 06-16-2010
I read that T-Mobile will eventually get this phone.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:51 AM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by aich75013:
I ordered 2 this morning.
Won't be shipped until the 2nd. Arriving between the 6th and 8th.
I'd rather wait just over a week than fight with the people at the Apple store.
I'll be in Vegas during that wait time, so I won't even notice.
I do have one on reserve, but I was having issues reserving a second one, so I'll just cancel it.
Just took a different road, same as yours.
Heck with waiting in line all day on the 24th.
Mine ships on the 2nd as yours. I can wait until then and save the personal day and frustration.

What really made me do it is what I now read in Apple's site.
It had two options yesterday. One of them is now replaced to show you local Apple stores. Says you can just walk up and buy up to two while supplies last. Why the heck did some of us waste our time making a reservation, to wait in line, to perhaps lose out our phone to someone who just shows up and did nothing else?

Site:
Buy at your favorite Apple Retail Store.
Visit an Apple Retail Store starting at 7 a.m. on June 24 to buy iPhone 4 on a first-come, first-served basis. (Limit two per person.)
[Reply]
newcigarz 11:02 AM 06-16-2010
Says you can just walk up and buy up to two while supplies last. Why the heck did some of us waste our time making a reservation, to wait in line, to perhaps lose out our phone to someone who just shows up and did nothing else?

I think people who show up on the 24th and wait in line without a reservation are being highly optomistic about getting a iphone that day. :-)
[Reply]
Sawyer 11:12 AM 06-16-2010
Apple Apologizes
[Reply]
icehog3 02:37 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I read that T-Mobile will eventually get this phone.
Maybe I will think about one then.
[Reply]
smitdavi 02:40 PM 06-16-2010
Glad I ordered this morning. It looks like they have burned through the second batch of pre-orders as now you won't get it until the 14th.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:41 PM 06-16-2010
I'll Keep My Old One; Ya'll Tell Me How The New Model Goes!:-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 01:27 PM 06-17-2010
iphone 4 to have 512 MB ram.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/17/...-ipad-and-3gs/
[Reply]
The Professor 06:58 AM 06-21-2010
iPhone 4s have begun shipping from Apple and AT&T. Don't get your hopes up, though -- they still won't deliver until the 24th. The ones shipping from Apple are coming from China, through Alaska, and to regional distribution hubs where they will wait until it's time to move them for delivery. The ones from AT&T are entering the shipping system; but it's believed (based on past years) they won't actually *ship* (i.e., be on trucks) until the 23rd for delivery on the 24th.
[Reply]
G G 07:16 AM 06-21-2010
I'll just be glad to get the new os on my 3GS later today.
[Reply]
Mindflux 07:18 AM 06-21-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I'll just be glad to get the new os on my 3GS later today.

It's nice. I've been running it a week and haven't run into any major issues other than battery life has been shortened. (I can only assume from multitasking)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 54
« First < 8161718 192028 > Last »
Up