Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 8161718 1920 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs. Phillies W.S. 2009
RightAJ 09:30 PM 11-02-2009
Great game... Back to NY!!! The last two games have been fantastic. This is why I love post season baseball:-)

aj
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:33 PM 11-02-2009
Nice win :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:39 PM 11-02-2009
Time for Pettitte to get the clinching win.
[Reply]
feznuk 09:42 PM 11-02-2009
Holy crap! That was a close one.

Finally the bats come alive, but where oh where is Ryan Howard at. The big guy has a day off to figure something out.

Chase Utley was determined to win this game if he had to do it all himself.

Good pitching by Lee. Yes, he's human, but he got the job done.

The bullpen is terrible. I think Lee should have been done after 7. It's sad they can't trust the pen with 2 innings and a 6 run lead.

Hat's off to the Yankees for making a run late. They are hitting the crap out of the ball and that's not good for the Phillies.

On to game six...
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:43 PM 11-02-2009
I would like to have seen A-Rod get an AB in the 9th tonight. Who would Charlie put in to pitch?
[Reply]
feznuk 09:53 PM 11-02-2009
I think he only had Myers and Lidge up throwing. After last night I'd have to go with Myers.......BUT I'm glad it didn't come to that, because I think A-Rod found his groove in Philly. An AB for him in the 9th could have been trouble.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:54 PM 11-02-2009
This also means more money for Fox in advertising.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:03 PM 11-02-2009
Back to NY! :-)

I was surprised Manuel put Madson in the ninth....not that I disagreed with it, but he has incessantly gone back to Lidge over and over and over again. (sentence courtesy from the Department of Redundancy Department)

I have to give him credit, he didn't make the same mistake Fregosi made in '93 with Mitch Williams. Roger Mason pitched so well that series that people thought Fregosi should have made him the closer, me being one of them. Not that Madson is pitching that well (his velocity is way down) but Lidge's confidence is shot. Hopefully, given the opportunity, Manuel will stick to his guns and go to Madson, or someone else.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:08 PM 11-02-2009
I don't think there is much trust in Lidge right now.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:10 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I don't think there is much trust in Lidge right now.
Exactly.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:19 PM 11-02-2009
This postseason really shows how amazing Mo is as a closer. And he is doing it at 39 years old.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:44 AM 11-03-2009
Pedrp "Who's Your Daddy" gets the call Wednesday.
[Reply]
BigAsh 06:05 AM 11-03-2009
This postseason really shows how amazing Mo is as a closer. And he is doing it at 39 years old.
39?...coulda swore I saw him high fiving the Mick back in the day....:-)....seems like he's been there forever....
[Reply]
feznuk 09:22 AM 11-03-2009
Not too worried about Pedro getting the call for game 6. He pitched well in game 2, I just think Charlie let him go too far. I'd like to see him get through 5 or 6 without too much damage. The pen is real shaky, but they have to step up. Even if they have to pitch one guy per inning.

I don't trust Madson without a big lead. He just doesn't seem to have the zip on his ball. The Yankees hit him hard last night. I think Teixeira got a little anxious and helped Madson out.

Hopefully Utley stays hot and Werth picks up with Pettitte where he left off in game 3.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:37 AM 11-03-2009
I feel pretty good about this next game. Yanks get the DH back so Matsuis bat is back in the whole game and without Burnett pitching we've got Posada in the whole game too. Pedro doesn't go deep into games and the way the Phillies pen has been that could hurt late in the game. If we can get a solid six or seven innings out of Andy and bridge the gap to Mo it's over.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:00 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
If we can get a solid six or seven innings out of Andy and bridge the gap to Mo it's over.
That's the key right there...if Pettite can go six or seven solid innings. I'll say it again...it will be interesting to see how he is on 3-days.

Did you see the stat FOX put up on the history of pitchers on 3-days rest who pitched against pitchers on regular rest in the playoffs? Something like 12-37 or thereabout. That helps give the Phillies hope.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:05 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
That's the key right there...if Pettite can go six or seven solid innings. I'll say it again...it will be interesting to see how he is on 3-days.

Did you see the stat FOX put up on the history of pitchers on 3-days rest who pitched against pitchers on regular rest in the playoffs? Something like 12-37 or thereabout. That helps give the Phillies hope.
I did see that. But Andy Pettitte is 3-1 with a 2.88 era in the post season when pitching on short rest. And if he does as bad as Burnett did they still have Chad Gaudin in the pen for long relief.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:09 AM 11-03-2009
Here is an interesting article on Andy on short rest.

http://www.newsday.com/columnists/wa...rest-1.1564479
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:20 AM 11-03-2009
Let's Go Yankees.
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:18 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Here is an interesting article on Andy on short rest.

http://www.newsday.com/columnists/wa...rest-1.1564479
Thanks for the link Carlos...interesting.
Let's Go Yankees.
:-) I'm onto your thinking. :-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 8161718 1920 > Last »
Up