Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 53
« First < 8161718 192028 > Last »
Sports>The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thread
theycallmedan'lboone 02:27 PM 12-16-2008
funny man, whats eating you about bervatov?
[Reply]
Jason 03:23 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
probably the fact that he's not scoring a lot or that he looks a little on the female side. my best bets anyhow

He's class tho (uh, technique-wise anyhow), gotta give him some time, after Tottenham won the Cup last season and they had absolutely nothing to play for (they couldn't be relegated and their European place finish was determined)... after that point, Ramos let go, they did nothing. Berbatov sat sulking wanting to go to MU since then, perhaps before a little.

A sulk that long takes a bit of time to get over form-wise.

Lesson: smile dammit and get on with things, make the best of where you at
[Reply]
funnymantrip 09:11 PM 12-16-2008

I was excited when United bought him. I thought he could really be a force up front, and would add greatly to the attack looking at last year how much better would have united been with another striker. I guess I figured another big body like Ruud who can actually attack. He is not in great form right now and missing a lot of good chances, hopefully that will come around. But I see him lagging. He disappears for 20 mins or so at a time.

Then I look at when Tevez gets in the game and as I said before the guy just does not stop. He scores big goals, creates and has a motor on him. It would be a real shame to see him as the odd man out for this team.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 12:50 PM 12-17-2008
Just like I was excited about Robbie Keane....
[Reply]
Jason 12:58 PM 12-17-2008
Originally Posted by funnymantrip:
Then I look at when Tevez gets in the game and as I said before the guy just does not stop. He scores big goals, creates and has a motor on him. It would be a real shame to see him as the odd man out for this team.
Same could be said for Park

Just like I was excited about Robbie Keane....
I still don't know why either left Tottenham, that could have been a helluva team. Ramos spoiled it I guess. I had no idea Ramos would screw that job up so badly.
[Reply]
aldukes 01:49 PM 12-17-2008
from espn:

Cristiano Ronaldo will sign for Real Madrid in the summer according to an indiscreeet director of the Spanish giants. Newspaper El Mundo is quoting director Pedro Trapote as saying Real already have a deal in place to sign the Manchester United and Portugal star at the end of the season but cannot yet announce it officially.

but doesnt he have a contract?
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 02:56 PM 12-17-2008
no! NOT AGAIN! MAKE IT STOP!??!?!
[Reply]
funnymantrip 07:01 AM 12-18-2008
no! NOT AGAIN! MAKE IT STOP!??!?!

Agreed.
[Reply]
Lumpold 03:20 PM 12-18-2008
Look, sorry to be a pain in the arse, but can't we just shoot him for what he did in last last European Championships?
[Reply]
Jason 09:45 PM 12-18-2008
Originally Posted by Lumpold:
Look, sorry to be a pain in the arse, but can't we just shoot him for what he did in last last European Championships?
I don't see how that could be considered "being a pain". To answer: Hell yes.

He's the next Beckham
[Reply]
Partagaspete 11:28 PM 12-18-2008
Originally Posted by Jason:
Same could be said for Park

I still don't know why either left Tottenham, that could have been a helluva team. Ramos spoiled it I guess. I had no idea Ramos would screw that job up so badly.

Park dose get moving but he can't finish in my opinion. He will make some great moves with the ball coming down field but than screw the pouch on the shot/pass more often than not. He could be impressive once he can start finishing the play.

T
[Reply]
aldukes 07:47 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by Jason:

He's the next Beckham
Disagree- he's already better than beckham ever was.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:49 AM 12-19-2008
Real Madrid - Liverpool, could be a nice game!
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:08 AM 12-19-2008
dangit don! I wanted to look myself! I guess soon we'll have to work up a CL pool...
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:14 AM 12-19-2008
you should have looked sooner then :-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:15 AM 12-19-2008
:-)

haha, I'm looking forward to the real ties, but I think Liverpool will prove too strong as reals defense is questionable as of late.. Still, should be some good games.
[Reply]
aldukes 08:19 AM 12-19-2008
I need to dig up my Roberto Carlos jersey :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:20 AM 12-19-2008
:-)

haha, I'm looking forward to the real ties, but I think Liverpool will prove too strong as reals defense is questionable as of late.. Still, should be some good games.
Real just bought Klaas Jan Huntelaar, he will kick some Scouser ass :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 08:21 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Real just bought Klaas Jan Huntelaar, he will kick some Scouser ass :-)
Careful there, big fella. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:28 AM 12-19-2008
no team with Dirk Kuyt can count on my sypathy Peter.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 53
« First < 8161718 192028 > Last »
Up