Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 33
« First < 8161718 192028 > Last »
Sports>Packer fan thoughts
King James 04:29 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
Thanks for posting this article, it makes my point for me. Although Mike Florio makes the completely wrong statement "Make no mistake about it. This one could have been overturned. Rule 15, Section 9 makes the question of whether a pass was “ruled complete/incomplete/intercepted” subject to replay review, with no exception for questions of simultaneous possession."

The fact that no mention is given for simultaneous possession means that it cannot be reviewed, not that it can be. The question of possession is not one that can be reviewed, specifically because it is not on this list of situations that CAN be reviewed.
Per the NFL statement today:

In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 04:33 PM 09-25-2012
Interesting, the rule book makes no differentiation between field of play and the end zone. They will need to add that in there if that is the official take. Thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
King James 04:38 PM 09-25-2012
It breaks down to this, IMO:
1) the play was called incorrectly
2) its not going to be changed
3) the replacement refs are not qualified to call the games
4) the NFL doesn't care, because they are still making $
[Reply]
icehog3 04:39 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by King James:
It breaks down to this, IMO:
1) the play was called incorrectly
2) its not going to be changed
3) the replacement refs are not qualified to call the games
4) the NFL doesn't care, because they are still making $
Shame on you, King James.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 04:41 PM 09-25-2012
It's not the first time a team got screwed by a bad call, and it won't be the last. Regardless of who's officiating.
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:42 PM 09-25-2012
I heard Brett Favre is coming out of retirement, now that interceptions count as touchdowns. :-)
[Reply]
King James 04:45 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
It's not the first time a team got screwed by a bad call, and it won't be the last. Regardless of who's officiating.
If you are coming to the defense of the replacement refs, we will have to just agree to disagree. Sure, the regular refs make mistakes, but not these kinds of egregious mistakes with the same amount of frequency that has happened in the first three weeks and over the course of the preseason.
[Reply]
pnoon 04:45 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Don't forget to give him his cookie.
[Reply]
King James 04:48 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-)

Originally Posted by pnoon:
Don't forget to give him his cookie.
I thought those were only for the childre... wait. I see what you did there...

[Reply]
icehog3 06:00 PM 09-25-2012
Who is Brent Farve?

[Reply]
larryinlc 06:29 PM 09-25-2012
What bothers me a little more than the replacement refs bad calls last night is the NFL hierarchy backing them up all the way to the top. Is there no one at the NFL machine who has an ounce of integrity or decency to do the right thing? This "we got your back" attitude was carried a bit too far in this instance. Come on NFL, own this. I'm not asking to have the win/loss reversed, but it would be nice if you'd come clean and admit that you messed up. Right now, my opinion has you somewhere between roller derby and pro wrestling.

Larry
[Reply]
Justinphilly 08:28 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
What bothers me a little more than the replacement refs bad calls last night is the NFL hierarchy backing them up all the way to the top. Is there no one at the NFL machine who has an ounce of integrity or decency to do the right thing? This "we got your back" attitude was carried a bit too far in this instance. Come on NFL, own this. I'm not asking to have the win/loss reversed, but it would be nice if you'd come clean and admit that you messed up. Right now, my opinion has you somewhere between roller derby and pro wrestling.

Larry
I agree, but there is no chance they can do that. They have to support the refs and their decisions, because afterall it's the NFL's choice to keep using them. If they come out and show a lack of support for the decisions of these officials it will DESTROY any leverage the league thinks they have against the Real Refs. As much as I (and i think most others) agree that the call was terrible, the NFL is doing the right thing in supporting the officials.

Question... Was the replay official also a replacement?
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 08:32 PM 10-14-2012
Jordy Nelson having a game. Kstater!!!!
[Reply]
LostAbbott 09:33 AM 10-15-2012
Yes the pack had a great game yesterday day. Good to see Rogers is finally feeling better after hitting the ground so often in Seattle.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Remo 10:03 AM 10-15-2012
I guess Houston is not the team people thought theye were....they couldn't run the ball at all even with Charles Woodson was playing outside linebacker :-)
[Reply]
dave 10:43 AM 10-15-2012
Enjoyed that game immensely. I was, however, getting pretty concerned about the injuries: D.J. Smith and Brandon Saine look serious. Nick Perry and Sam Shields didn't come back in, either. Already without Raji, Bishop, Benson, Jennings, DJ Williams....

I know that every team has to contend with injuries...and we're not talking about Rodgers, Matthews, Woodson...... But, to tell the truth, I don't really care much about other teams' injuries...unless they impact my fantasy teams.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:49 PM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by dave:
Enjoyed that game immensely. I was, however, getting pretty concerned about the injuries: D.J. Smith and Brandon Saine look serious. Nick Perry and Sam Shields didn't come back in, either. Already without Raji, Bishop, Benson, Jennings, DJ Williams....

I know that every team has to contend with injuries...and we're not talking about Rodgers, Matthews, Woodson...... But, to tell the truth, I don't really care much about other teams' injuries...unless they impact my fantasy teams.
Add Woodson to the list. Lots of injuries. Could this be 2010 all over again?
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:12 AM 11-05-2012
Ugly game on Sunday, but it was a win.

I must say, I am hoping that the bye week allows a few guys to get healed up.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:17 AM 11-05-2012
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Ugly game on Sunday, but it was a win.

I must say, I am hoping that the bye week allows a few guys to get healed up.
Ugly it was Todd, but a win nonetheless considering injuries to some of our key players.

It will be good for them to have this time off and continue their physical therapy back to recovery.

They have a couple of key games coming up on the road with Detroit at Ford Field and the Giants at MetLife Stadium...
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:43 PM 11-05-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Ugly it was Todd, but a win nonetheless considering injuries to some of our key players.

It will be good for them to have this time off and continue their physical therapy back to recovery.

They have a couple of key games coming up on the road with Detroit at Ford Field and the Giants at MetLife Stadium...
Clay Matthews out for 3 weeks? :-) :-)

Jordy is out again.

Jennings has about 4 weeks for surgery recovery.

Keeping them (and all the others) in my prayers for healing and recovery ---AND--- that no others are injured.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 33
« First < 8161718 192028 > Last »
Up