Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Scottw 06:58 PM 10-29-2012
More ribs yesterday, let these get some more color
Attached: image.jpg (65.5 KB) 
[Reply]
OLS 07:38 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by Scottw:
More ribs yesterday, let these get some more color
Can't fool me, them's the same ribs from the previous page, lol.
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:08 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Mark, keep me updated. I have two single-probe digital thermos that I have to use in tandem when I smoke. This is on my Santa's list. Image
[Reply]
Steve 03:44 PM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
This was last night. Loaded the grill with several rounds of hickory and lump. Allowed the temp to reach about 300F. Had this beautiful side of Steelhead. A little kosher salt and several lime slices. I put the fish on and shut all the vent down. It probably cooked/smoked about 8 minutes. The interior of the meat was barely tepid, more like room temp. It had a great smoked flavor and melted in your mouth. Some of the best fish we've had in a while. Outstanding!
:-):-) Awesome!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:26 PM 11-02-2012
Going in the smoker tomorrow. One with mild Italian sauasage and mozzarella cheese, the other with ground round and sharp cheddar.
Attached: image.jpg (97.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Scottw 07:01 PM 11-02-2012
We finally got power back after sandy but my in laws didn't so we had my mother father, sister and brother in law over tonight as well as my niece and nephew for our first hot meal since Monday afternoon. I did a pork loin roast, smoked over mesquite and hickory with an smoked apple cider and sage gravy. Mashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower and some red wine rounded out the meal.
Attached: image.jpg (94.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:18 PM 11-02-2012
Looks tasty Scott.
[Reply]
forgop 11:55 AM 11-03-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Going in the smoker tomorrow. One with mild Italian sauasage and mozzarella cheese, the other with ground round and sharp cheddar.
Sounds quite interesting-never thought of making something like this. What are these called?
[Reply]
T.G 12:56 PM 11-03-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
Sounds quite interesting-never thought of making something like this. What are these called?
Fatties. Bacon Explosions.

Brad has a whole thread on it:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...t=super+fattie
[Reply]
forgop 01:46 PM 11-03-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Fatties. Bacon Explosions.

Brad has a whole thread on it:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...t=super+fattie
Thanks-

I knew about the bacon explosion, but not mixing it up with other ingredients inside. Sounds like I need to get my Traeger fixed and try out some various combinations.

The first thing that came to mind was a philly cheese steak and came across this take. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/1...se-steak-fatty
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:57 PM 11-03-2012
Philly cheese steak should be good. Basically these are bacon wrapped meat loafs. The flavor combos are endless.
[Reply]
pektel 01:14 AM 11-04-2012
I have two racks of baby back ribs thawing for tomorrow. haven't done ribs in a long time. looking forward to it!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:36 PM 11-05-2012
10 grilled chicken legs with thick, sweet, hot BBQ (Slather Hot Sauce, Sweet Baby Rays, and my homemade in equal parts). Man I love some BBQ chicken. Had to give a close up, too, so you could almost smell it!

[Reply]
Robulous78 06:40 PM 11-05-2012
10 grilled chicken legs with thick, sweet, hot bbq (slather hot sauce, sweet baby rays, and my homemade in equal parts). Man i love some bbq chicken. Had to give a close up, too, so you could almost smell it!

om nom nom....
[Reply]
jimdandy 09:10 AM 11-08-2012
I have a wood mixture question...
I am a big fan of mesquite, as long as it is nice and dry, with some oak and hickory to tone it down some. That being said, I would like to do something a little different this next week. I have a nice supply of apple wood, but don't want to use it exclusively. My first thought is a mixture of oak & apple, maybe 3-1. What do y'all think?
[Reply]
T.G 09:17 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by jimdandy:
I have a wood mixture question...
I am a big fan of mesquite, as long as it is nice and dry, with some oak and hickory to tone it down some. That being said, I would like to do something a little different this next week. I have a nice supply of apple wood, but don't want to use it exclusively. My first thought is a mixture of oak & apple, maybe 3-1. What do y'all think?

That will work great.

I keep probably about a dozen different smoke woods on hand, one of which is apple, another of which is oak, and I haven't found anything that oak doesn't mix will with.

Apple is usually mild enough that you could even start at 1:1 and fine tune from there to your tastes and the food being cooked.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:19 PM 11-08-2012
10 grilled chicken legs with thick, sweet, hot BBQ (Slather Hot Sauce, Sweet Baby Rays, and my homemade in equal parts). Man I love some BBQ chicken. Had to give a close up, too, so you could almost smell it!

Mighty fine looking Chicken Jamie...:-):-)
[Reply]
OLS 04:17 PM 11-10-2012
These were delicious....shot right before I gave em a glaze of Ray's....those pecan sticks were
removed from the bottom of the smoker before I dumped the ashes....in a few seconds I put em
on top of the coals with some big chunks of Hickory and closed the lid.

[Reply]
mahtofire14 05:34 PM 11-10-2012
That looks a lot like mine does right now. Only one rack for me though!
[Reply]
deadrise 03:57 AM 11-13-2012
hhmmm smoked me a 26 pound practice turkey tonight it my electric smoker
first problem was well she was not tight but not much room to spare might wanna do 2 smaller turkeys
other then that it worked out great

[Reply]
Page 179 of 270
« First < 79129169177178179 180181189229 > Last »
Up