Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 178 of 350
« First < 78128168176177178 179180188228278 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
skibumdc 05:27 AM 02-19-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:

I had a crappy day at the gym yesterday. No energy and tired. I think I'm actually starting to get a cold :-) Taking today off, back at it again tomorrow.
Zicam!
It works.

Been beating teh crap out of my legs lately for a an upcoming trip.
In between sets of regular exercises for the body part I am working that day I am doing leg lifts, lateral hop squats, deadlifts, etc.

Heart rate is jacked for the entire hour workout, legts building stamina, and no cardio needed afterwards, :-)
The Professor 08:15 AM 02-19-2010
Mission accomplished. I broke the football player ... on abs. :-) Great, explosive workout today with my new part-time partner. Did full squats to failure (I bombed at 405, he squeaked through at 315), banded sumo deads (choked tight; up to 275+bands x3 for him and 315+bands x 3 for me), banded high box squats (for quads and more; 225+bands just short of failure), calves (I cramped bad), pull-down abs (thats where he got the most ridiculous ab cramp -- says it happens from time to time), then stretching and foam roller.

It was a good day. :-)
icehog3 09:19 AM 02-19-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
You copying me, Admiral? :-) I switched to Jack3d a few months ago and really like it. My body responds well to creatine, which is part of the reason that Jack3d works well for me -- usually 2 scoops; but I'll do 3 on insano days.
Then yes, Dokk, I am copying you! :-)

Nice job on the "break" day. :-)
The Professor 11:31 AM 02-19-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Then yes, Dokk, I am copying you! :-)

Nice job on the "break" day. :-)
:-) :-) :-)
icehog3 02:36 PM 02-19-2010
Low strength day on chest. Less reps on flat bench than last workout, gassed out on dumbbell bench, only got 2 reps at 315 on incline. Finished with reps on decline and dips just trying to get a pump, but I think cycling off the SUS-500 is catching up. Good thing is, even if my strength decreases a bit more, I will start the next cycle a lot stronger than I started the last one, and should make even more gains on it.
The Professor 07:55 AM 02-20-2010
Low strength day on chest. Less reps on flat bench than last workout, gassed out on dumbbell bench, only got 2 reps at 315 on incline. Finished with reps on decline and dips just trying to get a pump, but I think cycling off the SUS-500 is catching up. Good thing is, even if my strength decreases a bit more, I will start the next cycle a lot stronger than I started the last one, and should make even more gains on it.
Damn, Admiral ... that's still good, brother. :-)

About to head to the gym for some recovery work. If I don't get the blood flowing back to my leg muscles and don't do some serious foam rolling, I'm gonna be one super-sore MFer. :-) I don't know if it was just the volume or the intensity of yesterday or what ... but I already feel like I done been beat with a bat. :-)
GreekGodX 08:51 AM 02-20-2010
Damn, Admiral ... that's still good, brother. :-)

About to head to the gym for some recovery work. If I don't get the blood flowing back to my leg muscles and don't do some serious foam rolling, I'm gonna be one super-sore MFer. :-) I don't know if it was just the volume or the intensity of yesterday or what ... but I already feel like I done been beat with a bat. :-)
Dokk, have you ever tried using a PVC pipe to do your rolling on? I found the foam rollers are useless because they don't stay intact. I bought a PVC pipe the same size and have been using that. It hurts bad at first but once you get used to it, it works way better than the foam crap.
DBall 08:59 AM 02-20-2010
yesterday (day 3) I was sore as hell... took 2 of my wife's zumba classes just to do something, but couldn't do much more... stretching my arms fully out was nearly impossible... basically my whole upper body was giving me the finger. Funny thing is that my pecs have always been sort of strong, and I don't know if it was swelling or what, but I swear I had a-cups yesterday. They looked huge to me... and it was hilarious.

Today I can bend my arms, not too much pain... thinking I'll try the strength thing (arms, back, legs, abs) again instead of another day of cardio, then finish it off with a yoga class.
DBall 09:21 AM 02-20-2010
actually, I'm gonna let myself heal today and just do the yoga, I think....
icehog3 09:25 AM 02-20-2010
Feeling like another low energy day...but a lot of days when I think that while waiting for the Aleve to kick in, I end up having a great workout. We shall see shortly, back on tap for today.
BigFrank 09:53 AM 02-20-2010
Dokk, have you ever tried using a PVC pipe to do your rolling on? I found the foam rollers are useless because they don't stay intact. I bought a PVC pipe the same size and have been using that. It hurts bad at first but once you get used to it, it works way better than the foam crap.
Foam roller we use at the Gym is still in perfect condition. We also have a PVC pipe there. Dont know what kind of foam roller you have/had but it must have been crap.
Figure the one we have has multiple men, some 300+lbs rolling on it constantly and it still holds up.
The Professor 09:54 AM 02-20-2010
This foam roller I've had for several months is holding up fine. I'll use alternatives from time to time, depending on what I need done: tennis ball, small/hard medicine ball, softball, etc. The foam roller works well for me because I can put all my body weight on it and roll out those knots, scar tissue, etc.

All the ellipticals were taken, so I did: 10 minutes on the recumbent, 25 minutes foam roller (10+ per leg, basically), 3 sets of 10 barbell good AMs, then 10 minutes more foam roller. Damn. :-)

Time for some protein, a shower, and a big meal. :-)
BigFrank 01:22 PM 02-20-2010
Get a prowler Dokk. I plan on getting mine in the spring. After the meet, it's conditioning time.
GreekGodX 01:35 PM 02-20-2010
Yea the foam rollers at my gym must be garbage then. They are all uneven in different spots. :-)
icehog3 02:36 PM 02-20-2010
Wasn't feeling it this morning so I just did some alternative back exercises, and switched up some of the order, and ended up getting a pretty decent workout.

Heavy dumbbell rows
Heavy cable rows
Bodyweight wide pullups

Hoping to get some decent sleep tonight so I can hit shoulders and legs hard tomorrow.
The Professor 03:42 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Get a prowler Dokk. I plan on getting mine in the spring. After the meet, it's conditioning time.
A prowler? :-) WTH is that?
icehog3 03:44 PM 02-20-2010
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...?m=PD&pid=1006
The Professor 03:59 PM 02-20-2010
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...?m=PD&pid=1006
Awesome. Thanks, Admiral. :-)

Sorry you weren't feeling it again, today. I trust you'll bring da noize tomorrow. :-)
icehog3 04:06 PM 02-20-2010
Awesome. Thanks, Admiral. :-)

Sorry you weren't feeling it again, today. I trust you'll bring da noize tomorrow. :-)
I know that gains are cyclical, so I am not too down about it, Dokk. I start back on the SUS 500 in a week, and I think that will help physically and psychologically. :-)
Chris. 04:11 PM 02-20-2010
I want to see the chick on the main page push that thing! she is SMOKIN!
Page 178 of 350
« First < 78128168176177178 179180188228278 > Last »
Up