Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 176 of 350
« First < 76126166174175176 177178186226276 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 05:09 PM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You'll get it now, Dokk, always helps to have someone show you the subtle improvements that can make a big difference.
yeah. it'll help me big time, I think. it's good that he played college ball and is a strength trainer for local high schools, too. :-) my fingers are crossed.

oh ... but I'm gonna break him on leg day, Friday. :-) :-)
icehog3 09:57 PM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
yeah. it'll help me big time, I think. it's good that he played college ball and is a strength trainer for local high schools, too. :-) my fingers are crossed.

oh ... but I'm gonna break him on leg day, Friday. :-) :-)
Just do it! :-)
icehog3 09:59 PM 02-15-2010
Rocked chest today, heavy dumbbell inclines, heavy bench, heavy vertical bench, flyes....went to finish with dips and my right elbow said "No". :-)
The Professor 05:38 AM 02-16-2010
Rocked chest today, heavy dumbbell inclines, heavy bench, heavy vertical bench, flyes....went to finish with dips and my right elbow said "No". :-)
Awesome, Admiral! I love having a day where mentally it seems like you can go forever ... and you only stop once a body part says "no." :-)

Eating some pancakes before going in for a bunch of rows. Front delts are sore (just DOMS sore) from yesterday, which I guess means that I was doing something right for a change. :-)
icehog3 07:49 AM 02-16-2010
Hope the rowing is going well, Dokk...think I wll do some too! :-)
The Professor 08:08 AM 02-16-2010
Hope the rowing is going well, Dokk...think I wll do some too! :-)
It went well enough that a couple guys stopped to watch me do my old skool t-bar rows. :-) Only got to 9 25lb plates. I tried 10; but my body said "no." :-) So I went back down to 8 and cranked out some extra reps.

Did HS low rows, HS high rows, lat pulldowns, narrow-grip pulldowns, barbell bent-over rows, t-bar old skools, and finished with a few sets each of hammer curls and cable 1-arm curls -- all in an hour. :-)

I'm gonna be feeling that tomorrow. :-)
icehog3 08:09 AM 02-16-2010
I am inspired, Dokk! :-)
The Professor 08:13 AM 02-16-2010
I am inspired, Dokk! :-)
You'll crush it, Admiral! :-)
PeteSB75 09:16 PM 02-16-2010
Good bench this morning. decided to try a 1RM for the first time. Hit 205, tying previous max, hit 215 with no problems, then crushed 225. Felt like I had more, but didn't want to push it too much. Followed up with some incline bench work and some bar curls. Spin in the morning, if I wake up - quite a bit past my bedtime now and I am wide awake. Hate it when that happens.
icehog3 10:17 PM 02-16-2010
Nice job, Pete! :-)

Hit back and sholuders today, was short on energy so changed it up. Did 100 pull-ups, followed by high rep sets of T-Bar rows with 5 plates. Finshed up with reps on Bentover rows at 275.

I was pretty much gassed but manged to finish with some heavy seated military presses and heavy shrugs. I have training tomorrow, and a hockey game tomorrow night, so I am out of the gym until Thursday.
PeteSB75 07:18 AM 02-17-2010

Hit back and sholuders today, was short on energy so changed it up. Did 100 pull-ups, followed by high rep sets of T-Bar rows with 5 plates. Finshed up with reps on Bentover rows at 275.

I was pretty much gassed but manged to finish with some heavy seated military presses and heavy shrugs. I have training tomorrow, and a hockey game tomorrow night, so I am out of the gym until Thursday.
Thanks! I gotta ask, how the heck do you work full time, lift as much/often as you do, play hockey, and still have time to smoke cigars now and again? Do you sleep, maybe with a party 898 in your mouth?
DBall 08:59 AM 02-17-2010
Hola! I joined a gym today! :-)

I'm 33, 5'9" and between 130-140 and I've never been into a gym... ever. Went to one around the corner today for a tour and joined today. Met up with a guy who gave me a quick orientation (I've only ever seen these machines on tv).

We determined my goal was definition... I used to be able to clearly see my abs when I was teaching skateboarding camp 8 weeks in a row in the summer and would like to see them again. Don't get me wrong, however, I'm not trying to lose any weight... I'd vanish. That being said, I'm not really looking to necessarily gain weight, either... I'm happy where I am.

Right now, I'm relaxing on the balcony with some water, coffee and an 02 SigV... I can barely move my arms at all, but I feel great. I'm hoping I stick with this, but considering this guy put me on a fast path to seeing results, I'm guessing I will.

:-)
GreekGodX 09:02 AM 02-17-2010

I stopped at 100 pull-ups :-) Nice lifting Pops!
icehog3 02:26 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Thanks! I gotta ask, how the heck do you work full time, lift as much/often as you do, play hockey, and still have time to smoke cigars now and again? Do you sleep, maybe with a party 898 in your mouth?
I sometimes wonder how I function, Pete, but the older I get, the less sleep I seem to need. Maybe I am already dead and just don't relalize it. :-)

Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I stopped at 100 pull-ups :-) Nice lifting Pops!
100 pull-ups is a good workout in and of itself, Son! :-)

Good luck at the new gym, Dan! :-)
Tombstone 02:41 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Yesterday was a monumental day for me at the gym. One of my buddy's that moved out to Chicago, is home for the weekend. Him and I used to train together for about 2 years. I was excited for him to be back and know that I could hit the weights hard with him. Well he definitely motivated me big time! Hit 335 on bench for 2 reps, and 405 for 1 rep on deadlift. Now if I could only get him to stay :-) or find another workout partner that would be great.

Off to the gym in a little bit!
335lbs 2 times on bench....you wouldn't be stretching the truth would you?
BigFrank 06:20 PM 02-17-2010
Sorry been out of the loop brothers. Been a little tired as of lately. Heres how the last two sessions went in a nuttshell

Mon-DE Squats - Max on Pulling
Camber Bar Squats worked up too 300 something + Strong Bands Doubled x3,3,3
( These were pretty crazy, first time I've had weight at lockout that made me shake )
Pulls ( EPIC FAIL X2 )
worked up too 600x1 625x miss, miss

Wed- ME Bench
Worked up too 435x1 475x miss, miss

Pulling sucked, my bar path was total sh1t...Not sure why, but it was off horribly. It would fly off the ground and end up away from me, so the lift would stall horribly. Tried the second time and same thing happened...Horsesh1t.

Benching sucked also. It was a mess. 435 was a smoke show. First time with 475, it went down, came off the chest fell out of my groove and got pinned. Second time around stayed in the groove and got pinned at the same place...Might have been from being a little gassed.

Well, like I said before planned on maxing out to give me time to take off and get ready for the meet in May. To be honest I am rather disappointed in myself. After talking to the Gorillas at the Gym, it's rather obvious I need a week off. So next week I'm 100% no weights. Maybe some treadmill work, and foam rolling but no weight at all...I need it.

With all that said, I've made a lot of progress in last few months. This was good for me.
icehog3 06:54 PM 02-17-2010
Some great gains for sure, Frank, regardless of this week's workouts....I am thinking more will be coming soon.
PeteSB75 06:41 AM 02-18-2010
Don't be disappointed Frank. Good gains and good lifts. You never know where your limits are until you fail. Take the week and come back stronger than before. I think it was you that posted the rest article a few months ago, wasn't it?

Tom, you should try sleeping 7-8 hours a night every night. I've been doing it for the last six months or so and I've never felt better. You should try it. :-)

Speaking of sleep, I've been off the last couple of nights, my lifts this morning were also off. Tried to press my 1RM, and quickly discovered that it wasn't happening today, so backed it off a little and did reps. Followed up with some rows, upright rows and lat pulldowns.
DBall 07:42 AM 02-18-2010
Today = ouch. :-)

Treadmill today.
The Professor 08:17 AM 02-18-2010
Some great gains for sure, Frank, regardless of this week's workouts....I am thinking more will be coming soon.
:-)

Exactly!

Just a shoulder day for me. Some muscle tightness; so I spent a lot of time with the foam roller ... which hurts so good. :-)

Tomorrow: legs & lower back with a partner. My plan? Break the former football player. :-)
Page 176 of 350
« First < 76126166174175176 177178186226276 > Last »
Up