Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 175 of 350
« First < 75125165173174175 176177185225275 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 10:26 PM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
We shall see come May. Let us hope the 3 whites stay on...
hells yeah! :-)

did lower today.

hit deads up to 455. was trying to do it for reps; but I kept cramping up at the top after 1.

moved onto banded deads. worked my way up to 315 plus the tight "light" bands. kept cramping in my hip after 2 reps. did 3 sets of that.

did high box squats up to 3 sets of 5 at 405 to hit my quads a bit more.

finished off with pull-down abs for 4 sets of 10-12.

it was a fine day -- nothing special. wish I could have hit higher reps. need some more potassium and water.
icehog3 10:31 PM 02-12-2010
Nice going, Dokk. :-)

I have shoulders and arms tomorrow, and legs on Sunday.
The Professor 10:39 PM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nice going, Dokk. :-)

I have shoulders and arms tomorrow, and legs on Sunday.
Enjoy, Admiral. I have the rest of the weekend off.

Funny short story. There's a threesome in the gym that lifts regularly -- all older guys in their 50s, pretty strong. One of them used to drive the bus for the UNT football team. We struck up a conversation a few weeks back and now ... and I swear to god I'm telling the truth ... he calls me "doc" whenever he sees me. :-)
icehog3 10:45 PM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Enjoy, Admiral. I have the rest of the weekend off.

Funny short story. There's a threesome in the gym that lifts regularly -- all older guys in their 50s, pretty strong. One of them used to drive the bus for the UNT football team. We struck up a conversation a few weeks back and now ... and I swear to god I'm telling the truth ... he calls me "doc" whenever he sees me. :-)
Too funny!
The Professor 10:56 PM 02-12-2010
Too funny!
I had to try pretty hard to stop myself from laughing my ass off in the gym.
icehog3 11:02 PM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I had to try pretty hard to stop myself from laughing my ass off in the gym.
It reminds me of the "Doc" scene with Scatman Crothers in "The Shining"....very spooky! :-)
GreekGodX 06:42 AM 02-13-2010
Yesterday was a monumental day for me at the gym. One of my buddy's that moved out to Chicago, is home for the weekend. Him and I used to train together for about 2 years. I was excited for him to be back and know that I could hit the weights hard with him. Well he definitely motivated me big time! Hit 335 on bench for 2 reps, and 405 for 1 rep on deadlift. Now if I could only get him to stay :-) or find another workout partner that would be great.

Off to the gym in a little bit!
The Professor 07:51 AM 02-13-2010
nice job, Christos.

I've been lifting without a partner for two years now. I makes it hard (especially if you don't have a good power rack). Monday will be the first of hopefully many for me lifting with a partner on bench (which is the hardest thing for me ... partly because of the fear of getting stuck/crushed).

the other lifts I've felt decent about my progress. I think the key is to really psych yourself up for something like a big deadlift. stay loose until you're ready, then find that inner focus, hunker down, tighten up, and KNOW you're going to pull that SOB off the floor.
icehog3 09:14 AM 02-13-2010
Nice job, Christos! :-)

Letting the drugs kick in so I can hit the gym shortly here.
PeteSB75 10:38 AM 02-13-2010
Good squat day today, pushing a 1RM for the first time. Didn't want to go too much to start, so I'm just getting back to previous weight after backing off substantially with the knee problems. Hit 345x1 tying my previous PR, then crushed 355x1 for a new PR. Felt damn good, and I think I could have done more weight. Next time :-) Followed that up with some deadlifts, deloading them a bit after a 1RM last weekend, 275x5, 315x2 - grip wasn't up to more reps and I was spent from the squats. Finished up with some ab work.
BigFrank 01:45 PM 02-13-2010
Good job squatting there Pete. You going 100% raw on your maxes?
icehog3 01:46 PM 02-13-2010
Good workout, Pete! :-)

Hit shoulders and arms today, despite some soreness in my left shoulder I had a strong day pressing, and tore my arms up. Hockey tonight, then legs tomorrow...I think I will bne squatting light. :-)
The Professor 07:48 AM 02-15-2010
First day training chest with a partner. Felt weak, but already feeling like I'm learning a lot. I think a big part of my problem is form -- not activating all my muscles at the right time to git 'r dun. For example, I have stronger tris and lats and traps that my partner; but he pumped out reps of 225 while I was struggling at 185 on flat barbell bench. Seems like I'm not using my pecs right to pinch the weight back up. Followed that up with DB inclines (me at 55, him at 75 eventually). Then HammerStrength dips at 225, with strict form to hammer the delts and tris. Did HS low rows, one-arm with a pause, for a couple sets of 12 (8 for him). Then skull crushers @ 70 with wicked strict form (and 80 with less strict form). Then pressdowns up to 170 for me and 130 for him. Finished with some pushups, then foam roller and stretching.

I really need to work on form. I think once I'm able to really activate all the muscles that I should be, 225 is gonna come quick.

Anyway, for all my weak points, I feel really good about today. It was great having a partner to push me a little more. We may do legs together, too, on Friday.
icehog3 07:52 AM 02-15-2010
Glad is was a good experience, Dokk, you'll be rocking 4 plates in no time. :-)

Off to rock a little chest myself...stay strong, everyone.
PeteSB75 07:54 AM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Good job squatting there Pete. You going 100% raw on your maxes?
Yessir, unless you count chalk.

Went back to spin yesterday, first time with new spin shoes. Made an interesting discovery, riding for the first time in those shoes. Started on the bike, and my left foot was hurting something fierce. Realized I was tilting my left knee out enough that it was putting a lot of pressure on my foot. Felt fine once I brought my knee in. Think that likely was the cause of the problems in both my plantar fascia and my patelar tendon. First time on the bike with cycling shoes and I realize I've been doing everything wrong...
The Professor 08:00 AM 02-15-2010
Glad is was a good experience, Dokk, you'll be rocking 4 plates in no time. :-)

Off to rock a little chest myself...stay strong, everyone.
Gawd ... I hope so, Admiral. I've been stuck so long that it's pretty embarrassing, really. I mean ... I can't even do body weight and I'm close to 2xBW on swuat and over 2xBW on deadlift. I mean really ... come on. It's just stupid. I should have been rocking 4 plates a year ago. I really feel I should be at 315 by now. But whatev. :-)
icehog3 03:19 PM 02-15-2010
You'll get it now, Dokk, always helps to have someone show you the subtle improvements that can make a big difference.
King James 03:48 PM 02-15-2010
good chest/tris day for me... really felt pumped afterwards, still do actually
icehog3 03:54 PM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by King James:
good chest/tris day for me... really felt pumped afterwards, still do actually
Maybe you got inspired yesterday. :-)
King James 04:43 PM 02-15-2010
Maybe you got inspired yesterday. :-)
:-)
Page 175 of 350
« First < 75125165173174175 176177185225275 > Last »