Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 173 of 350
« First < 73123163171172173 174175183223273 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 12:38 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Big deal if it does. They have chemicals for that now :-)
Once I am retired, that ain't out of the question! :-)
catfish2 02:26 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
back from a legs day -- just some zerchers, high box squats, and banded deads. a bunch of chatty cathy's in the gym today; but the good news is that I FINALLY have a lifting partner for 2-days a week. he's a former college running back and we're going to do chest together starting next week. :-)

I'm stoked.

PS, wrist still hurts. was feeling better yesterday. was feeling worse after 5 sets of 5 banded deadlifts at 225 + tightly choked bands ... which was probably not the wisest decision I've ever made. :-)

What are "zerchers"?
PeteSB75 02:51 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by catfish2:
What are "zerchers"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u87yOHTX_c
icehog3 05:30 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u87yOHTX_c
I would think those would destroy your forearms....
GreekGodX 05:35 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would think those would destroy your forearms....
I did them on Saturday and they do. I had to wrap towels around the bar where you put your arms so I could get a heavier weight.

Hit a new PR on Bent over rows today 255 lbs for 1 rep. I was just happy I could grip the bar, let alone actually get a rep out with good form.
icehog3 05:44 PM 02-08-2010
Nice going Christos! :-)
GreekGodX 06:06 PM 02-08-2010
Nice going Christos! :-)
Just wait Pops, 275 before summer. I feel it.
Chris. 06:20 PM 02-08-2010
You guys think the zercher squats would be a good replacement for front squats? I hate front squats. Hurts my shoulders/delts.
GreekGodX 06:22 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by Chris.:
You guys think the zercher squats would be a good replacement for front squats? I hate front squats. Hurts my shoulders/delts.
Personally I can do way more weight on Front squats, but they both seem to serve the same purpose. Front loaded squats without putting tension on the spine. Try it out and make sure you go deep :-)
The Professor 07:03 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Personally I can do way more weight on Front squats, but they both seem to serve the same purpose. Front loaded squats without putting tension on the spine. Try it out and make sure you go deep :-)
I think Zerchers make you push your hips back better than front squats. The downside is that they KILL your arms ... especially if your bar has fresh/sharp knurling.

I like them for a change of pace.
The Professor 08:14 PM 02-08-2010
Hmmm ... my wrist still hurts. I probably shouldn't do chest tomorrow. Okay -- I know "probably" is stretching it. Maybe I should just do tris and maybe bis? I really don't want to take the day off. :-)
PeteSB75 06:44 AM 02-09-2010
Volume chest/arms this morning. Bench, incline DBs, then some 21s and finished off with some dips.

Hmmm ... my wrist still hurts. I probably shouldn't do chest tomorrow. Okay -- I know "probably" is stretching it. Maybe I should just do tris and maybe bis? I really don't want to take the day off. :-)
Personally, if it's muscle soreness, I work out anyway. If it's bone/tendon, I usually wait until it at least mostly goes away.
The Professor 10:09 AM 02-09-2010
Did an Anbercrombie workout today -- tris, bis, and abs. :-)
icehog3 02:06 PM 02-09-2010
Did an Anbercrombie workout today -- tris, bis, and abs. :-)
Me too, Dokk! :-)
The Professor 02:23 PM 02-09-2010
Me too, Dokk! :-)
Yeah ... but you actually put something behind yours. :-)
icehog3 02:24 PM 02-09-2010
Yeah ... but you actually put something behind yours. :-)
I was super strong on the "little" muscles today.....then I left the gym and found out I had to come to work. Oh well, I think I will hit that chicken taco joint you like to lift my spirits, Dokk. :-)
The Professor 02:26 PM 02-09-2010
I was super strong on the "little" muscles today.....then I left the gym and found out I had to come to work. Oh well, I think I will hit that chicken taco joint you like to lift my spirits, Dokk. :-)
Mmmmmmmmmm. :-) Eat one for me, too, Admiral! :-) I'll be hitting some beer in a few minutes. Turns out a local joint has my FAVORITE beer from Oregon. That and a big burger will hit the spot before I smash my back up tomorrow morning. :-)
icehog3 02:29 PM 02-09-2010
Mmmmmmmmmm. :-) Eat one for me, too, Admiral! :-) I'll be hitting some beer in a few minutes. Turns out a local joint has my FAVORITE beer from Oregon. That and a big burger will hit the spot before I smash my back up tomorrow morning. :-)
Enjoy the burger and the (what?) beer from Oregon, Dokk! I will have two tacos for ya. :-)
BigFrank 06:34 PM 02-09-2010

Hit a new PR on Bent over rows today 255 lbs for 1 rep. I was just happy I could grip the bar, let alone actually get a rep out with good form.
Just wait Pops, 275 before summer. I feel it.
Use wrist wraps. Gripping the bar robs you of the main benefit of the movement.

Originally Posted by Chris.:
No. If front squats hurt you now, zercher squats will be even worse.

Some guys say they are a good movement to use, to me I find them worthless. What can a zercher do that a good deadlift or squat cannot address?
The Professor 08:46 AM 02-10-2010
Enjoy the burger and the (what?) beer from Oregon, Dokk! I will have two tacos for ya. :-)
The beer is one you would like a lot -- called Black Butte Porter. You can't get it in IL; but you can in this part of TX. :-) (hint hint :-)) Thanks for the tacos, btw. :-)

Back day -- all rows in your honor. :-)

Hammer Strength low row
Hammer Strength high row
Bent-over barbell rows
Old skool t-bar rows with 25lb plates for ROM (worked up to a PR 9 plates for 3)
Chest-supported t-bar

Ran into my new chest partner -- we're gonna do Mondays at 7am starting this upcoming Monday. I'm pretty stoked.
Page 173 of 350
« First < 73123163171172173 174175183223273 > Last »
Up