Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 171 of 352
« First < 71121161169170171 172173181221271 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
spectrrr 04:44 PM 12-18-2012
Just got in a new scope for my AR's targeting and tracking system, I think it is finally complete. It's a new non-computerized system I call Multiple Simultaneous Target Tracking And Recognition, MSTTAR for short.

You know the whole adage "one is none and two is one", so I figured by that line of thinking, 10+ must surely be unstoppable. I think it will catch on soon, we're going to see many more concerned private citizens building their own version of this advanced configuration.

(I assume people realize that it's just my attempt at being humorous, that is not actually my gun)
Ashcan Bill 08:57 PM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
Just got in a new scope for my AR's targeting and tracking system, I think it is finally complete. It's a new non-computerized system I call Multiple Simultaneous Target Tracking And Recognition, MSTTAR for short.

You know the whole adage "one is none and two is one", so I figured by that line of thinking, 10+ must surely be unstoppable. I think it will catch on soon, we're going to see many more concerned private citizens building their own version of this advanced configuration.

So with that rig, before you shot me, you could take an x-ray of my knee?

:-)
jluck 10:01 PM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by spectrrr:

(I assume people realize that it's just my attempt at being humorous, that is not actually my gun)
WTF?....You don't even have the chainsaw attachment, Yea it does exist!:-)

hammondc 06:16 AM 12-19-2012
I think that pretty much has all the accessories.
forgop 08:45 AM 12-19-2012
Shopping for my first AR before a bunch of knee jerkers try to pass some feel good garbage to prevente from buying one.
hammondc 08:50 AM 12-19-2012
Yep...me too. Unfortunately, the prices have skyrocketed in the past few days. I am on the fence for the Troy Arms AR at Dicks. I have heard/read a lot of good things.
CigarSquid 08:50 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
Shopping for my first AR before a bunch of knee jerkers try to pass some feel good garbage to prevente from buying one.
I would love to have one, but don't have the money to drop.

I may purchase another pistol.. One the wife can use more and one more 'toy' for me.
forgop 08:54 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
I would love to have one, but don't have the money to drop.

I may purchase another pistol.. One the wife can use more and one more 'toy' for me.
My brother has quite an arsenal of toys and never really considered a need for one, but sadly it's to the point that I want one just more or less to give everyone else a big eff you to the powers that be. I've had a shotgun that was given to me for Christmas by my dad when I was 12 years old, but it's time to get more power.
bonjing 08:58 AM 12-19-2012
Good luck buying your stuff guys, a lot of companies are showing out of stock already! ! !
forgop 09:04 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Good luck buying your stuff guys, a lot of companies are showing out of stock already! ! !
I'm gonna shop around for a local private sale. Already found a guy I can get assemblies from.
jluck 09:52 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
I'm gonna shop around for a local private sale. Already found a guy I can get assemblies from.
Don't wait! My FIL was going to order a few AR's and when he first looked his distributer had 16, He came back 45 minutes later and....gone!
dijit 09:56 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Yep...me too. Unfortunately, the prices have skyrocketed in the past few days. I am on the fence for the Troy Arms AR at Dicks. I have heard/read a lot of good things.
Better move quick Dicks here have pulled all "assault weapons" and the manager said they company is going to do it nationwide.
jluck 09:57 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
I think that pretty much has all the accessories.
Nope....

Attached:
dijit 09:57 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
don't wait! My FIL was going to order a few AR's and when he first looked his distributer had 16, He came back 45 minutes later and....gone!
We will most likely have to resort to buying parts and assembling our own! Get the upper and lower first as they were the first to sell out when the previous gun bill was about to pass.
jluck 10:03 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by dijit:
Better move quick Dicks here have pulled all "assault weapons" and the manager said they company is going to do it nationwide.
Cheaper than dirt decided they don't sell guns any longer also. Thats two company's I will no longer support.

Originally Posted by dijit:
We will most likely have to resort to buying parts and assembling our own! Get the upper and lower first as they were the first to sell out when the previous gun bill was about to pass.
Even lowers and uppers will get hard too get again.
dijit 10:13 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Even lowers and uppers will get hard too get again.
Yes they will, ammo will start to go up again too guess I better get out the 223 and 556 dies. Never know when a down on their luck AR owner wont be able to pay for factory rounds :-)
big pete 10:26 AM 12-19-2012
Going to pick up my XD9 on Friday and I'm hoping the shop has some ARs in stock (last time I went, they had around 10). I may have to get one
357 11:31 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Victory for the NRA and Illinois brothers:-)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7034171.story
Great news. This is a historic ruling. So recently the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd Amendment is an individual right in the DC gun ban case, now a Federal Appeals court ruled that the right to bear is not limited to the home. I don't see how any restrictions can stand anymore.

If I ran the NRA I'd start suing to overturn all the restrictions many states/cities pass as "infringment". Registration, gun-free zones, etc should all go.
MrWolf55 11:58 AM 12-19-2012
Having a similar situation as everyone else here. Been planning to pick up my first AK sometime before this summer. Looking mainly for a polish AKMS or a straight-forward WASR; Unfortunately the prices of them on gunbroker have skyrocketed over the past few days. I guess big brother is forcing my hand.
emopunker2004 12:18 PM 12-19-2012
If you're looking to have an AR-15 in the future I would at least go pick up a stripped lower or two as this is the firearms according to the ATF and would be the part needed before a ban. And some 30rd mags.
Page 171 of 352
« First < 71121161169170171 172173181221271 > Last »
Up