Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 17 of 53
« First < 7151617 181927 > Last »
Sports>The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thread
Jdbwolverines 06:34 PM 12-09-2008
Originally Posted by Lumpold:
Oh my god. Babel's goal. Riera's goal. Keane's pass to N'Gog. N'Gog's goal. Wonderful.
Good to see the team getting it going on the offensive end today and to see a lot of the young guys stepping up when given the chance. Even though Keane couldn't find the net once again today, that pass was incredible.
[Reply]
aldukes 10:07 AM 12-11-2008
there arent enough Arsenal fans on this board. :-)
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 10:14 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by aldukes:
there arent enough Arsenal fans on this board. :-)
Why, so you can discuss that impressive showing vs Porto yesterday?:-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 11:47 AM 12-11-2008
:-):-):-):-)

keane is a second striker, he needs somebody to play the ball to, and so forth. Torres needs to get better...
[Reply]
pnoon 11:49 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
:-):-):-):-)

keane is a second striker, he needs somebody to play the ball to, and so forth. Torres needs to get better...
Torres needs to get healthy.
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 01:18 PM 12-11-2008
One guy I really wish was still on the team is Crouch. Between the way Keane has been struggling and Torres being injured for so long, and the way he has been looking at Portsmouth, it is looking like a big mistake letting him go. I always liked him and was sad to see him go, but I never thought we would be missing him this badly.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 06:02 AM 12-12-2008
agreed
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 07:42 AM 12-13-2008
Arsenal looked toothless today, M'boro played pretty well but should have won and were badly denied a penalty. 1-1 Liverpool in 15 min...
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 07:54 AM 12-13-2008
Rafa must have smoked something he's starting Kuyt as the lone striker... I'd reckon Steven Gerrard is the other striker. I understand keane hasn't been very effective this season, but Kuyt as the lone striker? I'm glad yossi benayoun is getting some time on the pitch.. just a thought, maybe I should pick up Robbie Keane on my fantasy team and then drop him and he'll start to score?
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:27 AM 12-13-2008
dear GOD! I really think poor Carra has scored more own goals than goals... but the man plays hard, and always comes back. I'd love to see him get one back. put in a DAMN STRIKER!...
GERRARD AGAIN! 2-2
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:54 AM 12-13-2008
just my 'umble opinion, but from what the official has been calling, hulls first goal, while pretty, constitutes "jumping into another player" and just wasn't called, and was the result of a poorly called foul that was a dive, blatent. the second, poor carra... Gerrard to the rescue, If torres had been fit/playing, I think liverpool would have been up 5-2, as kuyt missed 3 screaming chances. Dossenna, I think needs to go back to Italy, and send Riise back. Liverpool's set piece defending, horrible as usual. Seriously, Torres get better...I love you dirk kuyt, but you're not a very good striker. This game has been pretty physical, and honestly the first half was really enjoying... other than the first 20 minutes.

2nd half is kicking off, Hope it's more exciting for those in Red, pool's pace is seemingly short... especially up top. and in the back..
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 09:57 AM 12-13-2008
poor result for liverpool, great result for hull. I do understand that keane hasn't impressed, but dirk kuyt had my incredibly delicate touch today, but still no excuse.
[Reply]
aldukes 06:29 PM 12-14-2008
AC Milan v Juve was extremely entertaining this afternoon.

Although our friend Jason is probably unhappy with the result.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 07:16 AM 12-15-2008
Jason's never happy with the results.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:40 AM 12-15-2008
too bad Man U didn't take advantage over the draws of Chelski and the Scousers.
[Reply]
Jason 10:43 AM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by aldukes:
AC Milan v Juve was extremely entertaining this afternoon.

Although our friend Jason is probably unhappy with the result.
It was expected, we just need to rebuild already. We're cycling to a crap spell, been through it before and it'll happen again.

Maldini is still the man, this guy is totally unbelievable. I'm no big fan of defenders but he is likely my all time favorite player, can't believe he still does what he does at 40.
[Reply]
Flatsix 10:58 AM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
too bad Man U didn't take advantage over the draws of Chelski and the Scousers.
:-)After yesterdays game at the Bridge, I was thinking that it was too bad Chelsea didn't take advantage over the draws of Man U and the Scousers.

What's going on with the top teams dropping points to Hull, Tottenham and West Ham?:-)

I thought Liverpool was done in the first half.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 04:36 PM 12-15-2008
robbie keane needs to produce, and I think Rafa is sending him a message... look for an upswing in goals soon..
[Reply]
funnymantrip 05:06 PM 12-15-2008
I am really not liking Berbatov anymore.
[Reply]
aldukes 07:07 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by funnymantrip:
I am really not liking Berbatov anymore.
I'm fine with Berbatov, but it starting to look like we're going to have to decide between him and Tevez- they just dont play well together.

I think tevez would be the one to go. :-)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 53
« First < 7151617 181927 > Last »
Up