Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 17 of 21
« First < 7151617 1819 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Fans
Bruins Fan 07:28 AM 10-31-2011
As bad as the Pats played they still could have won?
I don't get the cutting of all the d-backs? but they all suck they lost the game .
The d-line played well it was all the 3rd and long passes the killed them,that and keeping the offense off the field.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 08:37 AM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Bad day at the office for the flying Elvi this week down in Pittsburg.
Two biggest reasons the Pats got beat:
1.) The Steelers wanted it more. They played with more intensity and just plain out hit the Patriots. It was so evident that even Phil Simms recognized it.
2.) We finally ran up against an offense who schemed to take advantage of our glaring weakness in pass defense. I just hope that the rest of the league was not paying attention, (fat chance).

Kudos to the Steelers, they kicked our butts and deserved the win. The game was no where near as close as the score indicated.

I expect it will be a LONG week of practice getting ready for the Giants. Maybe Bill will even schedule some greatly needed tackeling practice.

The Pats are and will be one helluva team to recon with. I think what every Pats fan saw this past Sunday was years of frustration and the Steelers finally saying enough was enough. The Pats have dominated us for so long. I must say it does feel nice to see a victory like that but I know all too well it matters most and that means the playoffs. Both these teams are heading there and if there's one thing I definately know as a huge Steelers fan it is not wanting to see the Pats come playoff time.

Brady and the Pats are a great team. Thanks for letting me check in on your thread and give my thoughts and props to your oranization for the success you have had over the years against my boys. Felt nice yesterday for us....finally. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:08 AM 10-31-2011
Offense for the Pats did not show up at all. Pats defense just stayed above water, but wasn't enough. Steelers beat the Pats fair and square...

Steelers or Pats will go to Superbowl.
[Reply]
taltos 02:40 PM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
The Pats are and will be one helluva team to recon with. I think what every Pats fan saw this past Sunday was years of frustration and the Steelers finally saying enough was enough. The Pats have dominated us for so long. I must say it does feel nice to see a victory like that but I know all too well it matters most and that means the playoffs. Both these teams are heading there and if there's one thing I definately know as a huge Steelers fan it is not wanting to see the Pats come playoff time.

Brady and the Pats are a great team. Thanks for letting me check in on your thread and give my thoughts and props to your oranization for the success you have had over the years against my boys. Felt nice yesterday for us....finally. :-)
We sucked but you didn't get your wish of a Brady injury so I guess that we won in the long run.
[Reply]
kugie 06:21 PM 11-06-2011
That was the worst :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:17 PM 11-06-2011
Originally Posted by kugie:
That was the worst :-)
I rather enjoyed it.

BIG BLUE :-):-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 02:59 AM 11-07-2011
Their just another team this season.
[Reply]
taltos 03:38 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Their just another team this season.
Thanksully so is the rest of the AFC.:-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:03 PM 11-08-2011
It's time for Bill Belichick to be relieved of his duty as GM and grand poobah of the Pats.

The man cant draft, always trades down for (VALUE), brings in broken down circus dogs, pays them millions and cuts them.

More then half of his coaching staff are all young men with NO NFL Experience more (Value) and are all yes men or their gone.
[Reply]
VTDragon 04:28 PM 11-08-2011
Suffice to say the offense stunk in the first half and the defense stunk on the final Giant's drive. We did not deserve to win and we did not. Best get our act together this week or it will be a long day vs the Jets.
Good news along those lines...Haynesworth was just released! Now if OchoStinko was just right behind him it would be a step in the right direction.
[Reply]
VTDragon 04:30 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
It's time for Bill Belichick to be relieved of his duty as GM and grand poobah of the Pats.

The man cant draft, always trades down for (VALUE), brings in broken down circus dogs, pays them millions and cuts them.

More then half of his coaching staff are all young men with NO NFL Experience more (Value) and are all yes men or their gone.
He still has the best record in the league during his tenure with the Pats.
Still drinkin the Kool Aid.
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:35 AM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by taltos:
Thanksully so is the rest of the AFC.:-)
300 passing yards to The Sanchize??

the worst QB in the NFL??

Really??

Quite the defense:-):-)

Paul, at least the Colts have a reason for sucking this year, and will be drafting high, AND get Manning back next year.

The Pats pain has only just begun:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 01:54 PM 11-14-2011
Nice win against the Jets. Probably the most complete game the Pats have played this year. Thought it was interesting that Collingsworth quoted Brady as saying he needed to get back to basics and not try to be too cute with his passing. After a slow start, it seemed to work out.
Some thoughts:

Kudos to: the young guys on the Defensive line. They're coming along and, low and behold, the secondary doesn't look too bad when there is a real pass rush...speaking of which
: Anthony Carter, still lots of milage left in the old tank.
: Gronk and Hernandez both, Welker may have been covered but that just sprung these guys.
: Defensive back Julian Eddleman - nice tackle on Thomlinson

Ocho - well he bought himself another week - how dumb is this guy that he is just now figuring out the Pats offense? I mean, he's played football his entire life!

Concerns: Offensive line, really need to play better.
: Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis, just how much is he hurt?
: secondary - they're young and thin, that's good in a model, not an NFL secondary--hope these guys are working hard every day to get better, they will again face a coach who game plans to the oposition's weakness instead of his own falsly perceived strengths and they will be in trouble when they do. (Thanks for that game plan Rex)

Matt Casell and the Chiefs are up next.
[Reply]
taltos 06:59 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
300 passing yards to The Sanchize??

the worst QB in the NFL??

Really??

Quite the defense:-):-)

Paul, at least the Colts have a reason for sucking this year, and will be drafting high, AND get Manning back next year.

The Pats pain has only just begun:-)
Vic, with the lockout and subsequent roster moves by the Pats, I had very low expectations for this team this season. In my mind a wild card spot was a victory. I do miss Peyton, the league is better with him playing.:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:29 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Ocho - well he bought himself another week - how dumb is this guy that he is just now figuring out the Pats offense? I mean, he's played football his entire life!
I wonder if they are playing him as dumb so when the play-off's come, the other teams now have to rewrite their defense?

Finally, Patriots have a defense, on par with their glory days. I would love to see stats about how the current defense rates against 10 years ago.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:18 PM 11-16-2011
I'll be stunned if the Pats don't score 40 this week.:-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:35 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I wonder if they are playing him as dumb so when the play-off's come, the other teams now have to rewrite their defense?

Finally, Patriots have a defense, on par with their glory days. I would love to see stats about how the current defense rates against 10 years ago.
Mosesmyou do know that out of 32 Nfl teams, te Pats have the 32nd ranked defense.

Jus sayin you MAYBE want to rethink your last post, :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:46 PM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Mosesmyou do know that out of 32 Nfl teams, te Pats have the 32nd ranked defense.

Jus sayin you MAYBE want to rethink your last post, :-)
How many sacks did the Pats have agains the Jets? The first half of season was very poor indeed, but you see the same Pats defense playing as back then? Even with all the injuries, they rocked it.
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:48 AM 11-22-2011
Nice win against the hapless Chiefs last night. Offense took some time to get on track, but finally got it going late in second quarter. Score could have been even more lopsided had Bill decided o actually TRY for TD's late in the game as opposed to just giving his running backs some work. Defense looked pretty good, had a decent pass rush and they only allowed 3 points. I know it was the Chiefs - with a new QB, but they're payed to play too. I just hope the defense doesn't become too self satisfied, as they will need to be better when they get into the playoffs against some good teams.
All in all a fun game to watch, worth staying up late. Next up - a Philly cheesesteak.
[Reply]
VTDragon 11:06 AM 11-28-2011
Good win against the "dream team" Eagles. Defense was awful at the beginning but came around after being greatly aided by the general ineptness of the Eagles. Tom Terrific was just that. Once he got in gear the Eagles defense did not really have a chance. Nice to see him back to spreading the ball around, but I'm sure that was simply a function of how the Eagle's defense was positioned.
All in all these are the types of games we have come to expect of Brady and this offense. As for the defense, not a lot of talant there, but they do seem to be playing the Hooded One's schemes pretty well and the overall group has improved as the season has progressed. We probably won't really see what they are made of until playoff time.
Up next ... the Colts; No, this year make that the Dolts.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 21
« First < 7151617 1819 > Last »
Up