Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 17 of 34
« First < 7151617 181927 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
massphatness 11:53 AM 08-21-2009
Ken - can you program the app to automatically add my purchases from online retailers? That way I can just order my cigars and have them show up in MobileStogie as well as my mailbox.

I'd probably need a button to indicate if it's a box split as well and account for the sticks I send out.

Thanks.

:-)
[Reply]
KenS 12:10 PM 08-21-2009
Originally Posted by Langod:
Looks great -- but my humidor isn't big enough to bother with this sort of app. But here's an idea (apologies if it's already been suggested) -- how about a "light" version that just includes the cigar reference for when I'm looking to pick up a few sticks at the local B&M?
Not sure how much "lighter" it needs to be than $3.99. That's less than a cigar (usually) :-)

Nobody says you need to populate the humidor section. The reference section is pretty useful even if you don't use the other parts. Then, when you fall hard down the dark side, people start insisting that you keep your humi's full, well, then you'll be ready!! :-)
[Reply]
KenS 12:12 PM 08-21-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Ken - can you program the app to automatically add my purchases from online retailers? That way I can just order my cigars and have them show up in MobileStogie as well as my mailbox.

I'd probably need a button to indicate if it's a box split as well and account for the sticks I send out.

Thanks.

:-)
Absolutely, in fact I can do better than that!!!

From now on, you just have your purchases shipped to me, I'll inventory them properly, email you the update to your Mobile Stogie database, and then store your (our?) cigars in a properly humidified vino.

Yes sir, that is a service I am willing to provide. Yes sir! :-) :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 02:10 PM 08-21-2009
I have an idea, would it be possible to make it so you can view or share other ppls reviews?
[Reply]
Godofgravity 04:35 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I love the new app! Thanks for your efforts!

One suggestion -- would it be possible to allow us add notes to cigars, so we can note what we liked, or did not like about a particular cigar?

Thanks again!
There is a notes section in the app. When you add a cigar to your humidor, there is a notes field at the very bottom. Tapping it will expand it to a large text field where notes can be made. You can also get to this field by selecting a cigar you've already added to your humidor, where you can edit it to add likes/dislikes after you've smoked one.
[Reply]
Langod 04:49 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
Not sure how much "lighter" it needs to be than $3.99. That's less than a cigar (usually) :-)

Nobody says you need to populate the humidor section. The reference section is pretty useful even if you don't use the other parts. Then, when you fall hard down the dark side, people start insisting that you keep your humi's full, well, then you'll be ready!! :-)
don't get me wrong - $3.99 is more than fair! I was just suggesting a reference only version. But yes, I guess you're right - the reference alone is worth it even without using the database
[Reply]
KenS 09:53 PM 08-25-2009
Ok, another update has been submitted to Apple. It is version 1.7.0, and has some changes that have been requested by quite a few users:

So again, we go into the Apple review cycle, typically around 7 to 10 days.

In the meantime, don't forget to periodically tap the update icon on the main reference screen, to download new cigars and updated information for existing cigars.

Ok, back to work now :-)
[Reply]
cherrybomb 09:58 PM 08-25-2009
thanks brother! this app rocks!!
[Reply]
troutbreath 04:51 AM 08-26-2009
  • Also from the My Cigar detail screen, added a button called "Smoke One!", which will automatically deduct 1 cigar from the quantity, while (optionally) opening up the 'notes' field to type in notes about the cigar.
Great idea! I'm looking forward to this update (and using it!). :-)
[Reply]
GoldnGT 07:53 AM 08-26-2009
When you "Smoke one" does it leave it in the humidor, or where does it go? I like to keep a record of what i've smoked and when, so i just wanna make sure that I'm able to pull up the information. Right now i've been using a seperate humidor in the program to move the cigars to. I would "guess" that it adds a section called smoked and moves them there? but i could be wrong.
[Reply]
KenS 08:00 AM 08-26-2009
Originally Posted by GoldnGT:
When you "Smoke one" does it leave it in the humidor, or where does it go? I like to keep a record of what i've smoked and when, so i just wanna make sure that I'm able to pull up the information. Right now i've been using a seperate humidor in the program to move the cigars to. I would "guess" that it adds a section called smoked and moves them there? but i could be wrong.
Nothing too clever (yet). All it does now is reduce the quantity by one cigar, for the particular 'My Cigar' record that you are viewing. It's just a quick convenience to avoid having to go into edit mode, tap on quantity, edit the number, and save the change.

I still have plans to do a proper "smoking notes" section, but that's a big development effort (relatively speaking) to make it really easy to use. Been trying to knock off some of the smaller enhancements that people have been requesting first.
[Reply]
aich75013 08:10 AM 08-26-2009
  • From the My Cigar detail screen, added a button to 'flip' the screen to the reference information for that chosen cigar.
  • Also from the My Cigar detail screen, added a button called "Smoke One!", which will automatically deduct 1 cigar from the quantity, while (optionally) opening up the 'notes' field to type in notes about the cigar.

Thanks for the updates!

Originally Posted by :
don't get me wrong - $3.99 is more than fair! I was just suggesting a reference only version. But yes, I guess you're right - the reference alone is worth it even without using the database
You know, I think we get spoiled by all the $0.99 apps that $4 seems like a lot.
At first, I thought, $4, really?
But I don't regret the purchase at all. It's definately worth it!!
[Reply]
GoldnGT 10:26 AM 08-26-2009
Nothing too clever (yet). All it does now is reduce the quantity by one cigar, for the particular 'My Cigar' record that you are viewing. It's just a quick convenience to avoid having to go into edit mode, tap on quantity, edit the number, and save the change.

I still have plans to do a proper "smoking notes" section, but that's a big development effort (relatively speaking) to make it really easy to use. Been trying to knock off some of the smaller enhancements that people have been requesting first.
Good Deal.. and much understood. I know how tedious programming can be.
[Reply]
McSmokey 10:50 AM 08-26-2009
new updates are always fun
[Reply]
longknocker 11:22 AM 08-26-2009
Absolutely, in fact I can do better than that!!!

From now on, you just have your purchases shipped to me, I'll inventory them properly, email you the update to your Mobile Stogie database, and then store your (our?) cigars in a properly humidified vino.

Yes sir, that is a service I am willing to provide. Yes sir! :-) :-)
What a "Nice Guy"!:-):-)
[Reply]
KenS 05:52 PM 08-31-2009
While I'm waiting for Apple to approve the latest update, I'm wondering what NC brands you guys feel are most important to add to Mobile Stogie. Most consistent 'complaint' in the reviews is that there aren't enough NC brands represented, so I figure I can work to add some more over the next week or two.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
mkr160 05:54 PM 08-31-2009
How bout some Kristoff's.
[Reply]
McSmokey 05:56 PM 08-31-2009
alec bradley
Hoyo de Monterrey Cask Aged
[Reply]
Addiction 06:05 PM 08-31-2009
Ken,

I was one of the first buyers of Mobile Stogie. But I wasn't using it because I smoke too much and it was too much of a hassle to adjust inventory. YOu pretty much turned me into a user now with this newest update and the "Smoke One" button and now next weekend I will give up a few hours to get everything properly inventoried. Thanks I think.......
[Reply]
sikk50 06:09 PM 08-31-2009
Off hand:
Arganese
Augusto Reyes
Carlos toraņo
Diamond Crown
Don Lino
Famous
Maxx By AB
Pinar Del Rio
San Cristobal