Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 17 of 45
« First < 7151617 181927 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>stirring the pot local B&M vs big internet
icehog3 10:39 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
That Amazon is bad?

I prefer the guy at 5 mile and Telegraph that sells stuff out of his trunk. :-)
Yeah.
Hardcz 11:01 AM 03-05-2009
so am I illegal then?
marge796 11:07 AM 03-05-2009
You just blew my mind!!! :-)
Starscream 11:08 AM 03-05-2009
so am I illegal then?
Yep.
ahc4353 11:15 AM 03-05-2009
so am I illegal then?
For now. We are currently working to change that. :-)
yourchoice 11:43 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
I can assure you that this loophole will close soon, so buy up.
Oh great....another reason. Need....more....space.
mahtofire 11:54 AM 03-05-2009
The feds definitely know what's going on, they just aren't spending the time to take action on it....Yet. My B&M owner was talking to one of the officials in MN that would head up this topic and he knows all about it and is seemingly waiting to pounce when they finally do start going after people....which in the declining economy is looking more and more appealing, I'm sure....
TheRiddick 11:55 AM 03-05-2009
Internet sales is still a very gray area. Years ago they were designated as "tax free" to stimulate sales and make people actually buy online. A couple of times since then our great government attempted to change that, but IIRC, they still have not changed that. So that Amazon/eBay/etc purchase is legal, still. And pretty much any other internet purchase. Businesses that collect taxes on internet sales are those that have a B&M or offices in the state you reside in, and they treat those sales same as any local sales had you been buying at the B&M instead. If a business does not have a B&M/office presence in your state they do not have to collect taxes.

When businesses file their quarterly sales tax reports with the state, there is a separate bucket for sales to out of state customers with no tax to be collected nor reported.

Will that change? Maybe. But that will immediately kill a bunch of businesses, even those with B&M outlets (or at least make them earn much less). Amazon, as an example here, included. Imagine all the used book/CD/whatever sellers having to file taxes and paperwork with each state, it won't be worth anyone's time nor profits.

Sounds like a B&M owner is either playing it fast and lose (with the originator of this rumor) or simply not aware of special internet sales provisions put in place back in '90s and still in force. What the poster should do is go back and ask the B&M owner to see a blank state tax board form, there WILL BE a bucket that says, Out of State Non Taxable sales. Either the owner is clueless or dishonest since if anyone from another state calls him to buy and ship, the owner will not collect any tax on that sale. And I doubt he os not aware of this.

I deal with wine sales, same agency (ATF) and same state tax people.
mahtofire 12:03 PM 03-05-2009
Yeah he knows that and has told me of this, but what he said was something about if you buy from a state where the tax is lower than ours you don't owe anything. But if you buy say from WI, or ND, or the neighboring states where the tax is similar to ours, MN could call over to one of the boarding states agents and they could report you. He only mentioned this whole thing to me once, so I may not be getting all my facts straight so this is for me just as much as for then next guy....The owner isn't trying to pull anything over on anyone...
Legend 12:22 PM 03-05-2009
Back on topic.

Yes age is a possible reason for the difference. I've said that a few times already. But I've also mentioned that ice tried the boxes just as my lounge gets them.

Already mentioned no conspiracy. :-)

And to the fellow that asked why do you lose the part of the arguement. Well. If you claim that spanking you kid is not illegal and I claim that of course you go to jail if you clobber him over the head with a 2x4. You have the right as the guy making the original statement to say. I was not talking about clobbering him with a 2x4. You can use that as an argument.

Same thing here.
thebiglebowski 12:27 PM 03-05-2009
When the still sea conspires an armor
And her sullen and aborted
Currents breed tiny monsters,
True sailing is dead.

Awkward instant
And the first animal is jettisoned,
Legs furiously pumping
Their stiff green gallop,
And heads bob up
Poise
Delicate
Pause
Consent
In mute nostril agony
Carefully refined
And sealed over.
Starscream 12:28 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
When the still sea conspires an armor
And her sullen and aborted
Currents breed tiny monsters,
True sailing is dead.

Awkward instant
And the first animal is jettisoned,
Legs furiously pumping
Their stiff green gallop,
And heads bob up
Poise
Delicate
Pause
Consent
In mute nostril agony
Carefully refined
And sealed over.
Who wrote this poem? Sounds familiar.
pnoon 12:30 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
Back on topic.
There's a topic? :-)
ahc4353 12:32 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
Back on topic.

Yes age is a possible reason for the difference. I've said that a few times already. But I've also mentioned that ice tried the boxes just as my lounge gets them.

Already mentioned no conspiracy. :-)

And to the fellow that asked why do you lose the part of the arguement. Well. If you claim that spanking you kid is not illegal and I claim that of course you go to jail if you clobber him over the head with a 2x4. You have the right as the guy making the original statement to say. I was not talking about clobbering him with a 2x4. You can use that as an argument.

Same thing here.
Is it me or does the part about spanking and a 2x4 make sense? :-):-):-)
MajorCaptSilly 12:34 PM 03-05-2009
There's a pack of wild skinks in my neighborhood.

MCS
macpappy 12:35 PM 03-05-2009
My turn to post here.

Ok. I'm done.
thebiglebowski 12:38 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Who wrote this poem? Sounds familiar.
some guy whos cuts his lusis in half... :-)
Starscream 12:43 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
some guy whos cuts his lusis in half... :-)
I knew by reading the poem that the poet must have good taste.:-)
Legend 02:22 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Is it me or does the part about spanking and a 2x4 make sense? :-):-):-)
exactly I say There is a noticeable difference, (spanking)
the nay sayers here say 2nds, scrap, inferior, subpar, etc. etc. (hit in the head with a 2x4)

I am suggesting something mild and subtle, and to argue against me they say I'm saying something harsh and drastic.:-)
SilverFox 02:30 PM 03-05-2009
Happened to be out at 2 B&M's yesterday. One that I don't particularily like and one that is awesome.

I threw the question at them.

They both laughed as said that the thought that the producers would go to those lengths.

And I quote.

"Ludicrous" clearly the more pc response.

"That is just f'n retarded" the less pc response.
Page 17 of 45
« First < 7151617 181927 > Last »
Up