Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 17 of 82
« First < 7151617 18192767 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
kugie 08:26 PM 11-26-2011
Nice come back by the B's tonight, 4 unanswered to win 4-2.
They did not play well in the first at all but they go their heads out of the their, arses to get the win. :-)
icehog3 11:54 PM 11-26-2011
Hawks beat L.A. to finish the Circus Trip at .500, and sit atop the West for now.
taltos 05:19 AM 11-27-2011
Originally Posted by kugie:
Nice come back by the B's tonight, 4 unanswered to win 4-2.
They did not play well in the first at all but they go their heads out of the their, arses to get the win. :-)
Well selected use of their time out by Claude to get the team back on track.
GreekGodX 08:14 AM 11-27-2011
Past 2 games Wings have looked damn good. Outskated Nashville last night even though we were on a back2back.

The Boston game I think the Wings should have lost. In the first period we had a ton of turnovers in our own zone. Jimmy Howard played a great game and saved us to get a Shootout win.

Turnovers in our own zone will be a huge problem all season. Our defense just looks lost in our own zone. Lots of talk about making a trade with the cap space we have, but all the talk is about getting a top 6 forward.
icehog3 09:05 AM 11-27-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Lots of talk about making a trade with the cap space we have, but all the talk is about getting a top 6 forward.
I hear Rostislav Olesz is available. :-)
taltos 11:41 AM 11-27-2011
Past 2 games Wings have looked damn good. Outskated Nashville last night even though we were on a back2back.

The Boston game I think the Wings should have lost. In the first period we had a ton of turnovers in our own zone. Jimmy Howard played a great game and saved us to get a Shootout win.

Turnovers in our own zone will be a huge problem all season. Our defense just looks lost in our own zone. Lots of talk about making a trade with the cap space we have, but all the talk is about getting a top 6 forward.
Enjoy the win you guys played a wonderful game against the Bruins and got the shoot out win after an absolutely even game by better performance against Tukka Rask who has been playing very well for us. Enjoy the win, you guys deserved it!:-)
Ahbroody 12:56 PM 11-29-2011
Guys today only totalhockey.com is having 20% off when u like them on Facebook.
E.J. 08:13 PM 11-30-2011
Nice 1st for the Avs!
icehog3 12:19 AM 12-01-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Nice 1st for the Avs!
Pretty nice 3rd, too.
icehog3 12:20 AM 12-01-2011
Not a single regulation loss for the Bruins in November. So much for the "Stanley Cup Hangover". :-)
Prefy 01:03 AM 12-01-2011
Made the trip out to see the Hawks take on Phoenix on Tuesday.

Pretty uninspired performance from the home side. Hawks seemed pretty sloppy in their Dzone and the Coyotes did a really good job shutting things down once they got the lead. Hawks didn't get much going and the crowd never really got into the game, which really takes away from things in that size of building.

It took me awhile to adjust to watching live hockey again even thought I have likely watched 50+ games so far this year, they have all been from the perspective of a coaches cam (Asides from what I've watched on TV) Definitely a different game when you watch it from that kind of angle.

I did have a pretty stellar seat though, got to sit in with all the brass in their suite right at center ice. Not sure if there is a better seat in the building, quite surreal.

Prepping for my first three in three over the weekend...going to need a good stick on Sunday when we get back from Peoria to unwind, hopefully after a few "W"s.
Bruins Fan 03:57 AM 12-01-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not a single regulation loss for the Bruins in November. So much for the "Stanley Cup Hangover". :-)
Nice to see the top line kick in they have been very quiet.
First goal in 9 and 10 games for Lucic and Krejci now just waiting for Horton to get going :-)
drjammer 07:35 AM 12-01-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Pretty nice 3rd, too.
:-)
icehog3 08:26 AM 12-01-2011
Originally Posted by Prefy:
Made the trip out to see the Hawks take on Phoenix on Tuesday.

Pretty uninspired performance from the home side. Hawks seemed pretty sloppy in their Dzone and the Coyotes did a really good job shutting things down once they got the lead. Hawks didn't get much going and the crowd never really got into the game, which really takes away from things in that size of building.

It took me awhile to adjust to watching live hockey again even thought I have likely watched 50+ games so far this year, they have all been from the perspective of a coaches cam (Asides from what I've watched on TV) Definitely a different game when you watch it from that kind of angle.

I did have a pretty stellar seat though, got to sit in with all the brass in their suite right at center ice. Not sure if there is a better seat in the building, quite surreal.

Prepping for my first three in three over the weekend...going to need a good stick on Sunday when we get back from Peoria to unwind, hopefully after a few "W"s.
First game after a long road trip is always dangerous for the home team....Hawks just looked tired to me. Sorry you saw such a stinker, Matt.
Ahbroody 01:10 PM 12-01-2011
Wings have looked really good of late. As a Sharks fan it hurts to say that. May actually have the boy wear 96 next year given his style of play. He can skate though and has good hands, but he loves to camp the net.

Sharks have not looked good lately. Hoping for a win tonight.
GreekGodX 02:07 PM 12-01-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Wings have looked really good of late. As a Sharks fan it hurts to say that. May actually have the boy wear 96 next year given his style of play. He can skate though and has good hands, but he loves to camp the net.

Sharks have not looked good lately. Hoping for a win tonight.
Yes! 96 would look good on him :-)

Yea they have been looking good lately. I'm still not sold on them at all. Too weak on D. At this point I wouldn't expect them to get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. I would like for us to trade Zetterburg and get a good young player and draft picks. Although Datsuyk still amazes me even at 33 years old. The guy ninja's the puck away from everyone.
357 11:55 AM 12-02-2011
Yes! 96 would look good on him :-)

Yea they have been looking good lately. I'm still not sold on them at all. Too weak on D. At this point I wouldn't expect them to get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. I would like for us to trade Zetterburg and get a good young player and draft picks. Although Datsuyk still amazes me even at 33 years old. The guy ninja's the puck away from everyone.
I think the Wings should trade a pick or two for a good D-man. They have the cap room. I doubt they trad Z, regardless of age. They see him as the next man in line for the C.

BTW Mike even when simply posted on a web forum, I can feel the pain in your words. :-) If your son plays at the front of the net, I can't think of a better number for him to wear. Homer is the best at his role but, is obviously limited in his other skills.
Ahbroody 12:46 PM 12-02-2011
Sharks win a shootout. Still not a big fan of the shootout, but I will say as a result of them it has increased kids desire to be able to dangle. Micah can pull a spinorama already and I know watching shootouts has sparked interest. In that vein I think it has been positive in some ways, guys have shown great creativity and puck skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9BG...e_gdata_player
The song is classic called dangle snipe and celly if you have not.heard it.

Yeah not sure on 96. He does love to camp out front when not with the puck.
icehog3 10:14 PM 12-02-2011
Hawks got lucky and got a shootout win V.s the Islanders. They got outshot 23-7 in the 3rd....and Cory Crawford is looking very ordinary the last few weeks. :-)
E.J. 10:54 PM 12-02-2011
Apparently it is a shootout night in CA... AVS win in a shootout.....
Page 17 of 82
« First < 7151617 18192767 > Last »
Up