Page 17 of 23
« First < 7151617 1819 > Last »
Sports>J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
shilala 07:22 AM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Here is a replay for all to see.
Unfreaking real!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-294916
I can remember that happening a long time ago, but the guy that did it stuck out a leg and tripped a player that was out of bounds. The player crashed into the benches.
I can't remember who was involved, maybe someone can remember.
I can't remember anything being said about it except "hah, he got tripped."
In those days, when you went out of bounds on the other team's side, you were pretty much fair game. Things sure have changed.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:16 AM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
I can remember that happening a long time ago, but the guy that did it stuck out a leg and tripped a player that was out of bounds. The player crashed into the benches.
I can't remember who was involved, maybe someone can remember.
I can't remember anything being said about it except "hah, he got tripped."
In those days, when you went out of bounds on the other team's side, you were pretty much fair game. Things sure have changed.
Scott,
Unless I missed it, this player was inbounds running down the field, close to the sideline.
Need to look at it again.

In any event, that just plain sucks in a professional sport of the caliber of the NFL today.
[Reply]
shilala 11:47 AM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Scott,
Unless I missed it, this player was inbounds running down the field, close to the sideline.
Need to look at it again.

In any event, that just plain sucks in a professional sport of the caliber of the NFL today.
I just saw the tape, Carlos. You're right, the dood was streaking down the sidelines out of bounds and the Jets guy stuck out his knee. I hadn't seen the tape, and from what I had heard I imagined the situation like what I'd seen happen before. He tripped the guy with his knee, he really could have hurt him.
I have no idea what the Jets trainer was thinking.
He did apologize and accepted he'll be getting spanked, for what that's worth.
[Reply]
macpappy 03:13 PM 12-15-2010
The story being reported now is that the dummy (instead of using the profane) instructed the inactive players to line up in a wall on that play. The quote in the story is “and the players at the Miami game were instructed by Sal to stand where they were to force the gunner in the game to run around them.”

The Jets have suspended Alosi indefinitely and I smell a firing coming on.
[Reply]
Volusianator 03:28 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
The story being reported now is that the dummy (instead of using the profane) instructed the inactive players to line up in a wall on that play. The quote in the story is “and the players at the Miami game were instructed by Sal to stand where they were to force the gunner in the game to run around them.”

The Jets have suspended Alosi indefinitely and I smell a firing coming on.
That's all fine and dandy, but what I want to know is who gave Alosi his instructions to do that? I highly doubt he came up with it and initiated it on his own.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:01 AM 12-16-2010
I love the way everyone gave him some credit for at least apologizing.
Seems I recall his apology being that of "don't know what I was thinking".
Based on latest reports, he was clearly being a lying sack of chit at that point as this was all very well orchestrated.

I think this title to this thread is worthy of a name change.

New one:
J! O! K! E! S! Jokes! Jokes! Jokes!

Soon to be:
C! H! O! K! E! S! Chokes! Chokes! Chokes!
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:07 AM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
That's all fine and dandy, but what I want to know is who gave Alosi his instructions to do that? I highly doubt he came up with it and initiated it on his own.
:-)

An order like that absolutely comes from someone higher than a strength and conditioning coach!
Now the Jets are saying he's been doing this for weeks but they had no idea.
Even if that statement is true, which I doubt, it shows they have no idea what's happening on their own sideline!
[Reply]
ujponds 05:20 PM 12-19-2010
J!e!t!s!
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:49 PM 12-19-2010
Way to go Jets!
[Reply]
EricF 05:53 PM 12-19-2010
Dam near gave me a coronary!!!!!
[Reply]
Blueface 08:18 PM 12-26-2010
Originally Posted by EricF:
Dam near gave me a coronary!!!!!
Eric, how about today?
[Reply]
Whee 10:00 AM 01-08-2011

[Reply]
Bruins Fan 10:26 AM 01-08-2011
What the heck is with fat Ryan? He has to drag Brady into everything he must be haunted by him :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 11:32 AM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
What the heck is with fat Ryan? He has to drag Brady into everything he must be haunted by him :-)
Maybe his wife loves Brady's footwork...:-)
[Reply]
ujponds 12:01 PM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Hopefully Brady will get the chance to shut him up. . . again:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 06:14 AM 01-09-2011
I can't believe this thread has been so quiet with last night's win.

Congrats to the Jets! I don't particularly have a rooting interest in your team, but next week it would give me so much pleasure to have you serve up a steaming hot cup of STFU to the Boston-area sports radio blathering boobs who speak as if Christ Himself has already annointed the Patriots as Super Bowl champions.

I'm not hopeful that the Jets will pull it off, but damn it would be sweet.
[Reply]
DBall 06:51 AM 01-09-2011
Hahaha... my schedule has be such a cluster that I thought the game was on tonight. Just watched the highlights on NFL.com... seemed like a typical Jets game... a last-minute, pulled out of the ass victory.

That said, I'll take it. The Colts aren't slouches. Hey... isn't that Vic's team? I haven't seen him in here in a while... :-)

Now, if we can get the win over the Pats, I'll be ecstatic.

Go JETS!
[Reply]
shilala 07:05 AM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
Hahaha... my schedule has be such a cluster that I thought the game was on tonight. Just watched the highlights on NFL.com... seemed like a typical Jets game... a last-minute, pulled out of the ass victory.

That said, I'll take it. The Colts aren't slouches. Hey... isn't that Vic's team? I haven't seen him in here in a while... :-)

Now, if we can get the win over the Pats, I'll be ecstatic.

Go JETS!
I can give you the highlights, Danny...
Sanchez sucked something awful, and the Colts have 11 defensive starters on the bench, hurt. All they needed to do is run the ball to win the game. They should give LT and Shonn Greene a medal because they literally won the game for them. And Nick Folk.
On a positive note, they were well coached last night. They exploited the Colt's weakness by keeping the ball on the ground and by hanging onto the ball and keeping Peyton off the field.
Despite the Colts literally having no defense whatsoever, they Vinatieri kick a go ahead field goal with like a minute forty five left in the game.
I have no idea what was wrong with The Dirty last night, but he looked a lot worse than his 18-31, 189 yards, 0 td and 1 interception stats would suggest.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:08 AM 01-09-2011
Missing those touch passes just before he thre the pick shows the kid has a kong way to go ...
[Reply]
shilala 07:14 AM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Missing those touch passes just before he thre the pick shows the kid has a kong way to go ...
The kid has a rifle for an arm, he doesn't have a touch pass in him. I was *****ing about that in this thread earlier in the year.
Best I can figure is that he gets too wound up. When he showed up, I was really high on him. I thought he'd become a truly great quarterback. Now I think the Jets would be fortunate if he just turned in Byron Leftwich. :-)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 23
« First < 7151617 1819 > Last »
Up