Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 168 of 225
« First < 68118158166167168 169170178218 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
waffle 11:44 PM 05-26-2012
Pretty nice game to be at! A bit muggy, but its always fun when 10 runs are scored!
[Reply]
Starscream 02:07 PM 05-27-2012
I feel bad for Moyer. Latos got a lot of praise on the radio, but if it weren't for the seven runs we scored, he would have never pitched after the fifth inning. I'm still not buying the "he's going to be our future ace" line.
[Reply]
elderboy02 03:32 PM 05-27-2012
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:10 PM 05-27-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I feel bad for Moyer. Latos got a lot of praise on the radio, but if it weren't for the seven runs we scored, he would have never pitched after the fifth inning. I'm still not buying the "he's going to be our future ace" line.
Don't you listen to Cincinnati media? Latos is the future ace, Stubbs is the best CF in the MLB, Bruce is a future MVP, Chapman is the next Eckersley.........:-)

Moyer is like 63 years old. When are the Reds going to face a decent pitcher? They are doing a great job of beating bad pitchers, but this doesn't bode well if they win this weak division. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:43 PM 05-28-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Don't you listen to Cincinnati media? Latos is the future ace, Stubbs is the best CF in the MLB, Bruce is a future MVP, Chapman is the next Eckersley.........:-)

Moyer is like 63 years old. When are the Reds going to face a decent pitcher? They are doing a great job of beating bad pitchers, but this doesn't bode well if they win this weak division. :-)
They were successful in NY and ATL against good pitching.

If Dusty didn't put up that horseshit lineup today on Memorial Day, we could be beating McDonald right now.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:15 PM 05-28-2012
Don't you listen to Cincinnati media? ...Stubbs is the best CF in the MLB...
You know, I am tired of hearing this BS. Send me a link where someone says this. I have never heard anyone on TV, on the internet, or in the papers say Stubbs is the best CF in MLB.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:29 PM 05-28-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
You know, I am tired of hearing this BS. Send me a link where someone says this. I have never heard anyone on TV, on the internet, or in the papers say Stubbs is the best CF in MLB.
You never watch a game on FSNOhio? My wife laughs when they make claims like that about Stubbs. Granted, I am just paraphrasing, but I have heard:

"He has the best range in CF in the MLB"
"He might be the fastest CF in the NL"
"Thats Gold Glove defense right there" on routine plays.

:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:30 PM 05-28-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:

If Dusty didn't put up that horseshit lineup today on Memorial Day, we could be beating McDonald right now.
I am not sure when Dusty comes up with lineups like he threw out there today. Its almost like he puts names in a hat sometimes. Seriously, lets take a guy who is 1-11 in his last 3 games and throw him in the leadoff :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:51 PM 05-28-2012
You never watch a game on FSNOhio? My wife laughs when they make claims like that about Stubbs. Granted, I am just paraphrasing, but I have heard:

"He has the best range in CF in the MLB"
"He might be the fastest CF in the NL"
"Thats Gold Glove defense right there" on routine plays.

:-)
Those comments are talking about range, and speed. They never say, "He is the best CF in baseball", because he is not due to his hitting or lack thereof
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:56 PM 05-28-2012
Those comments are talking about range, and speed. They never say, "He is the best CF in baseball", because he is not due to his hitting or lack thereof
Defensively, they have certainly made assertions comparable to blatantly saying that he is the best defensive outfielder in baseball. Luckily the past two seasons they have backed off the Rickey comparisons as the best leadoff hitter in baseball, because clearly the guy cannot get on base. His below .300 OBP and Dusty still has him an 1 or 2? :-)

Oh and the Bleacher Report had him as 'Poised to be a 'Breakout Player' prior to the 2011 and 2012 season. Whoopsies :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:57 AM 05-30-2012
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-)

Homer Bailey was dealing last night. Complete game! :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:03 AM 05-30-2012
Would be a wonderful thing if Bailey finally "got it!" Oh, and Stubbs sucks.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:07 AM 05-31-2012
Nice job by Dusty to sit Votto down last night with his 'Ace' on the mound. All they can manage is one run that the Pirates gave to them. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:38 AM 05-31-2012
Dusty and Stubbs suck!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:48 PM 05-31-2012
Dusty and Stubbs suck!
At this rate, if the Reds miss the playoffs, there can't be much blame on anyone but Dusty. The division will likely come down to a few games and Dusty has already given away at least 5 with the lineup cards he turns in some days, or the inability to monitor his pitchers effectively. :-)

Stubbs got 2 walks last night, which is amazing, considering he watches good pitches and swings at terrible ones. He stood there and watched pitches and Burnett still couldn't hit the strike-zone. :-)

How about some more crap with Chapman and his wife being tied up in a hotel room? He is pitching lights out, but all this off-the-field stuff has to become a distraction at some point. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:41 PM 05-31-2012
How about some more crap with Chapman and his wife being tied up in a hotel room? He is pitching lights out, but all this off-the-field stuff has to become a distraction at some point. :-)
It isn't Chapman's fault with the hotel room stuff. His girlfriend is too dumb and didn't check with the front desk to see if a maintenance man was really trying to work on the room.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:51 AM 06-01-2012
It isn't Chapman's fault with the hotel room stuff. His girlfriend is too dumb and didn't check with the front desk to see if a maintenance man was really trying to work on the room.
I didn't say it was his fault, just pointing out that eventually all this crap with him has got to wear on him. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:28 AM 06-01-2012
I didn't say it was his fault, just pointing out that eventually all this crap with him has got to wear on him. :-)
Yeah, dude needs to cut all of the drama out of his life. I saw an article that his "girlfriend" that got "robbed" was a stripper and she stole money from some dude and was charged with theft.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:23 PM 06-01-2012
Yeah, dude needs to cut all of the drama out of his life. I saw an article that his "girlfriend" that got "robbed" was a stripper and she stole money from some dude and was charged with theft.
Turns out she may be engaged to another man and was found less than fully clothed in the room. This certainly sounds like a weird situation, but athletes on the road have laundry lists of girls, but I think she just got taken off his list. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:37 PM 06-01-2012
Looks like Chapman was really bothered!
[Reply]
Page 168 of 225
« First < 68118158166167168 169170178218 > Last »
Up