Sports>Red's Fans Check in
hotreds 06:48 PM 05-09-2012
I agree with EVERYTHING Larry says....
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:50 PM 05-09-2012
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:07 PM 05-09-2012
When is it safe to start talking baseball in this thread again?
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:52 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I thought we were doing that :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:38 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
When you and I start a discussion. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:39 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Reds win! Reds win!
Reds win! Reds win!
Reds win! Reds win!
Reds win! Reds win!
Reds win! Reds win!
Reds win! Reds win!
:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:51 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
The Reds are a professional BASEBALL team located in Cincinnati, OH. Win is a description of what the aforementioned team did.

So, if I am saying what a BASEBALL TEAM DID, then I am talking BASEBALL :-)

I hope this helps your :-)

It isn't like I came in here talking about NASCAR and the NBA
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:49 AM 05-10-2012
The Reds are a professional baseball team located in Cincinnati, OH. Win is a description of what the aforementioned team did.

So, if I am saying what a baseball team did, then I am talking baseball:-)

I hope this helps your :-)

It isn't like I came in here talking about NASCAR and the NBA
To keep the conversation going, will you post 'Reds Lose!' as well. When they have a day off, please post 'Reds Day Off!'. Those are also baseball discussion. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:52 AM 05-10-2012
It was nice to see Votto save the day yesterday after Greinke completely shut them down. This team is worrisome, as it seems they can't ever get everything to line up at the same time. It will be interesting going forward to see how they progress against this weak division. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:59 AM 05-10-2012
To keep the conversation going, will you post 'Reds Lose!' as well. When they have a day off, please post 'Reds Day Off!'. Those are also baseball discussion. :-)
Nah, I tend to be a positive glass half full type of guy.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:01 AM 05-10-2012
It was nice to see Votto save the day yesterday after Greinke completely shut them down. This team is worrisome, as it seems they can't ever get everything to line up at the same time. It will be interesting going forward to see how they progress against this weak division. :-)
Yeah, Votto saved the day. I agree it will be interesting. I think we will do ok. We have been winning with Turd Rolen in the lineup pretty much every day batting a buck something. Like someone said the other day, good teams just find a way to win.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:37 PM 05-10-2012
Nah, I tend to be a positive glass half full type of guy.
The glass is never half full or half empty. It's always completely full. The portion that isn't full of liquid is filled by oxygen.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:38 PM 05-10-2012
Alright, let me restate my question.

When will it be safe to resume serious baseball discussion in this thread again?
[Reply]
hotreds 05:49 PM 05-10-2012
Did you ever wonder how a pitcher can throw a ball that can almost magically drop sharply before reaching the plate? This ordinary phenomenon is called a curve ball, and the explanation of this occurance can be described with a few basic lessons in fluid flow dynamics.

What you have to remember in this problem is that air is a fluid, and that things moving through air behave much like those passing through water, only on a less noticeable scale. An observable phenomenon known as the Venturi Effect tells us that a fluid flowing at a higher velocity has a lower pressure than that same material at a lower velocity, all other variables kept constant. To observe this, suspend two tennis balls from equal lenth strings about 5 cm apart. Blow a hairdyer though the gap between them and they will actually be drawn together because atmospheric pressure will try to fill the low pressure void and will in the process push the balls together. So high velocity means low pressure.

Back to the ball. The pitcher throws the ball with plenty of topspin (or, to make it curve left or right, sidespin). The spin of the ball magnifies the velocity of the air passing below the ball and lessens the velocity of the passing air above the ball. Higher velocity below and lower velocity above means low pressure on bottom and high pressure on top. The high pressure takes advantage of the low pressure and forces the ball to travel downwards.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:51 PM 05-10-2012
And Marshall couldn't hit the zone with a 2-seamer yesterday, but his offspeed pitches were thrown for strikes more times than not. Nothing against Marshall, but it was a bad day to have a bad day. Still, we won the game and the series. Now off to face the Expos again, who are winning more games than we are. Let's hope for the best.
[Reply]
Brian D. 11:53 AM 05-11-2012
It's a little tardy now but

'Reds Idle!' 'Reds Idle!'

Sorry I like to keep it just one word after 'Reds', hope that was okay. Plus, my own selection of cartoon-thingies :-)

[Reply]
hotreds 08:08 PM 05-11-2012
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:50 PM 05-11-2012
I just loved seeing Turd Rolen foul out with the bases loaded. Thanks Dusty, you POS for putting him in the lineup. It was great watching Frasier on the bench :-)
[Reply]
Brian D. 07:04 PM 05-12-2012
Reds tied, Reds tied! (As of a couple minutes ago.)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:39 PM 05-12-2012
Rolen on the DL.

We are now 1-5 against the Expos this year.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 225
« First < 63113153161162163 164165173213 > Last »
Up