Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 162 of 352
« First < 62112152160161162 163164172212262 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
CigarSquid 08:51 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT:
I just print a bunch I these out and aim for the A.
That's dirty.. atleast as of now, we had some runs.
BlindedByScience 09:20 PM 10-07-2012
...you know, I've got AR's and Glocks and Berettas and Springfield Armory and a pile of other stuff in the safe, but this latest project was maybe the most fun of them all - I took my 25 year old Ruger 10-22 and gave it a new lease on life:

Stats:
- Trigger tuned by Brimstone Gunsmithing
- Rimfire Specialties full width trigger (installed by Brimstone)
- Rimfire Specialties magazine release (thank you, Brimstone for the install in my trigger group)
- Tactical Solutions fluted 0.920" barrel (David at Brimstone fit the barrel to the receiver for me...awesome guy).
- Rimfire Specialties mainspring and guide
- Bolt blueprinting by Que (and jeweling of the bolt - you can see it in the pic).
- Volquartsen V-Block barrel mount upgrade
- Volquartsen Poly Recoil Buffer
- Nikon Rimfire 3X9 BDC scope (just beautiful).
- Talley Scope Rings (no rail - mounts directly to the receiver - sweet)
- Hogue over molded stock

...yes, the barrel is threaded (has a great fitted cap over the threads). There is this one more little accessory I'm waiting for....;-)

What an awesome little rifle..!! I'm blown by the trigger...I'd guess about 2 1/2 pounds...perfect. Also, I'm blown away by how much lighter the rifle is..!! Pretty amazing.

The barrel is floating about 1/8" all the way back to where the flutes stop....very, very nice. The V-Block upgrade seems to have done the trick.

First trips to the range were amazing...once I get the "accessory" for the end of the barrel I'll do the final sighting in and see what kind of groups I can get.

Cheers - B.B.S.
theonlybear4CORT 09:22 PM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
That's dirty.. atleast as of now, we had some runs.
ouch U cut to the core of me
HK3- 03:05 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by BlindedByScience:
...you know, I've got AR's and Glocks and Berettas and Springfield Armory and a pile of other stuff in the safe, but this latest project was maybe the most fun of them all - I took my 25 year old Ruger 10-22 and gave it a new lease on life:

Stats:
- Rimfire Specialties magazine release (thank you, Brimstone for the install in my trigger group)
- Tactical Solutions fluted 0.920" barrel (David at Brimstone fit the barrel to the receiver for me...awesome guy).
- Bolt blueprinting by Que (and jeweling of the bolt - you can see it in the pic).

...yes, the barrel is threaded (has a great fitted cap over the threads). There is this one more little accessory I'm waiting for....;-)

What an awesome little rifle..!! I'm blown by the trigger...I'd guess about 2 1/2 pounds...perfect. Also, I'm blown away by how much lighter the rifle is..!! Pretty amazing.

The barrel is floating about 1/8" all the way back to where the flutes stop....very, very nice. The V-Block upgrade seems to have done the trick.

First trips to the range were amazing...once I get the "accessory" for the end of the barrel I'll do the final sighting in and see what kind of groups I can get.

Cheers - B.B.S.
Wow that looks fantastic! Best looking 10/22 i've ever seen by a long shot man. Very nice. :-)
G G 07:04 PM 10-21-2012
Update on pistol: Thought i was gonna get a ruger SR1911 for a little bit. Have now changed it to a Smith and Wesson E Series 1911. I checked all the reviews out and just came down to the frontstrap checkering that's on the Smith with a smooth front strap on the Ruger. Plus they are both on backorder but my LGS says he can get the Smith quicker. About three weeks in and no word yet. Sucks cause I am like a little kid when it comes to getting something when I want it. My dealer always gets guns at cost plus 10% which is a great deal. The gun has an MSRP of $919.00 plus tax. My local guy's cost is 668.00 so plus 10% and tax comes out pretty good for what seems to be an awesome fullsize 1911. Just have to learn to conceal it after having a subcompact glock for the last 5 or 6 years. Don't see that it will be a problem though. Gonna buy a Panther Concealment IWB and a pancake OWB from Lobo Gunleather.
357 11:07 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by G G:
Update on pistol: Thought i was gonna get a ruger SR1911 for a little bit. Have now changed it to a Smith and Wesson E Series 1911. I checked all the reviews out and just came down to the frontstrap checkering that's on the Smith with a smooth front strap on the Ruger. Plus they are both on backorder but my LGS says he can get the Smith quicker. About three weeks in and no word yet. Sucks cause I am like a little kid when it comes to getting something when I want it. My dealer always gets guns at cost plus 10% which is a great deal. The gun has an MSRP of $919.00 plus tax. My local guy's cost is 668.00 so plus 10% and tax comes out pretty good for what seems to be an awesome fullsize 1911. Just have to learn to conceal it after having a subcompact glock for the last 5 or 6 years. Don't see that it will be a problem though. Gonna buy a Panther Concealment IWB and a pancake OWB from Lobo Gunleather.
Keep us updated. I'd love to see pics and hear your thoughts once you've had it out to the range and carried it.
emopunker2004 07:50 PM 10-25-2012
Home from vacation and finally have my rifle finished, sans rear sight.

Untitled by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Cigar Mike 03:45 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by BlindedByScience:
Stats:

Forgive me if you said it somewhere and I just missed it, but how long is the barrel? Is that a commercially made barrel or did you have an existing one modified?
emopunker2004 07:59 PM 10-28-2012
Well here's an updated and better picture of the rifle. Mag and Magpul MBUS installed. Taken with a camera this time instead of my iPhone. :-)

IMG_1503 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
emopunker2004 07:43 PM 11-05-2012
The wife and I just finished up her rifle. Going to color in the Punisher logo in the coming week.

LMT Upper with 14.5" barrel with perm attached vortex flash hider to make it legal.

IMG_1505 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Bax 01:50 PM 11-06-2012
Anyone have any thoughts on a good CC auto? I've been thinking about the Beretta Nano, Glock 26, Sig 290 and the S&W Body gaurd. Anyone who's shot around with any of these please feel free to toss out your thoughts. :-)
TJarv 02:54 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by Bax:
Anyone have any thoughts on a good CC auto? I've been thinking about the Beretta Nano, Glock 26, Sig 290 and the S&W Body gaurd. Anyone who's shot around with any of these please feel free to toss out your thoughts. :-)
Springfield XDs
Bax 04:22 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
Springfield XDs
I totally spaced on the XD's! I'll have to take a closer look at those this weekend.
MurphysLaw 04:55 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by Bax:
Kahr PM9 :-)
N2 GOLD 05:01 PM 11-06-2012

TSA...
Catfish 05:45 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
Springfield XDs
Springfield XD(M) :-)

Cheaper Than Dirt Link
PearlS4 05:53 PM 11-06-2012
Here's a few of mine.

emopunker2004 06:44 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Kahr PM9 :-)
This
theonlybear4CORT 07:07 PM 11-06-2012
Love my xd9 but after shooting my loaded 1911 I'm in love with the 45 acp round so my 9mm is going up for local sale.
BC-Axeman 09:35 PM 11-06-2012
Looks like I'm going to be buying a lot of guns and ammo soon. I think I will be going with cheap, common, and reliable.
Page 162 of 352
« First < 62112152160161162 163164172212262 > Last »
Up