Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 161 of 225
« First < 61111151159160161 162163171211 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
hotreds 12:01 PM 05-03-2012
And their parents!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:04 PM 05-03-2012
Like the lineup Dusty threw together today, is he trying to give away an extra game? :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:46 PM 05-03-2012
Comeback! Reds Win! Reds Win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:42 PM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Like the lineup Dusty threw together today, is he trying to give away an extra game? :-)
He threw together a winning lineup :-)

Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:10 PM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
He threw together a winning lineup :-)
Those pinch hitters helped. :-) His starting lineup was deplorable. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:11 PM 05-03-2012
Stubbs still sucks.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:21 PM 05-04-2012
Stubbs is the least of this team's worries right now. Harris is crap and needs to be DFA'd or released, Rolen is terrible at the plate, Frazier needs to get starts at third, and Dusty needs to learn how to make a fu@K!ng lineup. Yesterday's lineup was terrible. I could see it if they hadn't had any off days, but an off day, a rainout, and then sitting the left side of the infield after one game was friggin' ridonkulous! I hear Dusty's on a short leash right now. It's high time for him to go.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:24 PM 05-04-2012
I've never been a big Dusty hater, but yesterday's lineup just p!ssed me off to no end. We give the mediocre big name guy extensions, while Showalter and Johnson show the rest of the league how a manager should really manage a game. It's high time for us to get a manager who isn't laid back. Time to fire this team up and get us winning consistently.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:17 PM 05-04-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Stubbs is the least of this team's worries right now. Harris is crap and needs to be DFA'd or released, Rolen is terrible at the plate, Frazier needs to get starts at third, and Dusty needs to learn how to make a fu@K!ng lineup. Yesterday's lineup was terrible. I could see it if they hadn't had any off days, but an off day, a rainout, and then sitting the left side of the infield after one game was friggin' ridonkulous! I hear Dusty's on a short leash right now. It's high time for him to go. .
Don't bring baseball discussion into this thread, Dan and Hugh are on a roll. :-)

I agree, yesterdays lineup was crap, he got bailed out when he put in the regulars and the Cubs blew the 9th inning with errors. I tried to interject that, but Dan saw the final score and was more than happy with Dusty's 'managing' of the game :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:19 PM 05-04-2012
Don't bring baseball discussion into this thread, Dan and Hugh are on a roll. :-)

I agree, yesterdays lineup was crap, he got bailed out when he put in the regulars and the Cubs blew the 9th inning with errors. :-)
A guy on the Reds forum over at Cincy.com said that this was Dusty's master plan. Starters couldn't hit Dempster, so he saved them until late in the game against relievers and Marmol. I'm 99% sure the post was being sarcastic, but even so, I just don't think Dusty's that smart.:-) Not even Nostradamus could've predicted that Marmol would've walked that many guys in the 9th.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:21 PM 05-04-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
A guy on the Reds forum over at Cincy.com said that this was Dusty's master plan. Starters couldn't hit Dempster, so he saved them until late in the game against relievers and Marmol. I'm 99% sure the post was being sarcastic, but even so, I just don't think Dusty's that smart.:-)
Not at all, he threw that lineup out there like it was get-away-day after a 10 game road trip, rather than the second game in a row after a day off. You can't tell me the guys weren't rested enough to play 9 innings. He got bailed out and in the box score looks like he knew what he was doing. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:33 PM 05-04-2012
Not at all, he threw that lineup out there like it was get-away-day after a 10 game road trip, rather than the second game in a row after a day off. You can't tell me the guys weren't rested enough to play 9 innings. He got bailed out and in the box score looks like he knew what he was doing. :-)
I've never been a Dusty hater (and yet I've never been his biggest fan either), but yesterday royally p!ssed me off! I'm taking a day or two to get over it, but right now, I'd say it's time for Dusty to go to the house or the booth at ESPN on a permanent basis. We won yesterday despite him and his stupid lineup. I hope in a day or two I settle down, but right now I've become a Dusty hater. That was absolutely inexcusable, regardless of the win. I know Dusty plays hunches, but if I put that kind of lineup card up on my 9th grade team after that many off days, I'm sure the Varsity coach would have told me to go the Hell home and never come back.

If a guy isn't hitting well, you don't put him out there expecting that he's due for a hit. He's probably not going to hit. You put the guys out there who are hot at that moment. I don't mind changing the lineup because guys are hot, but you don't put your worst hitter in the two hole simply because you think he is due.

Willie Harris is absolutely worthless, and couldn't hit in a low A ball game, and probably not in a high school game. .098 average and he's in the two hole? F*** Dusty and HARRIS! Stubbs is an All-Star compared to this guy. And we all thought Patterson/Taveras/Renteria was bad...
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:32 PM 05-04-2012
Stubbs hit a HR tonight, but he still sucks.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:47 PM 05-04-2012
And this one belongs to the Reds! :-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:52 PM 05-04-2012
Stubbs sucks. They need to send him down to Dayton so we can take a drive up there and boo him. Adam's treat, since he is our lead boo bird.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:05 PM 05-05-2012
Dan and Hugh, we get your point about Stubbs. Now let's get some hate on the true reasons we're not winning:
Dusty
Harris
Rolen's offense
No true leadoff or cleanup hitter
Left Field situation
[Reply]
hotreds 04:25 PM 05-05-2012
But, Stubbs sucks!
[Reply]
Starscream 06:10 PM 05-05-2012
Like I said in my PM to you, I know it's sarcasm, but we've got to focus on the worst aspects of this team right now.

Stubbs is a Greek God compared to Harris at the plate.
Dusty needs to go, and now if we're going to even have a slight chance at the playoffs. No one in the minors to bring up right now b/c we sold them in the offseason and Janish has been on fire, but he suffered from a broken wrist. We need a skipper who can motivate guys to hit and/or bring a new approach to our offense. Laid back Dusty isn't going to change anything.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:42 PM 05-05-2012
Stubbs sucks
Dusty sucks
Harris sucks
Rolen's offense sucks
leadoff and cleanup hitter suck
Left Field situation sucks
[Reply]
Starscream 07:45 PM 05-05-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Stubbs sucks