Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 161 of 350
« First < 61111151159160161 162163171211261 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 05:00 PM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
So I'm weird in that the only things I carry to the gym every time are my notebook and my water bottle? I bring a towel too, if I'm going to spin, and a knee wrap if I am doing legs, and sometimes straps if I want to do heavy deads or heavy bar shrugs. Crap. I should get a bag :-)
yea your weird. I think I might make a video as to what is in my bag. Funny thing is the guys I train with make fun of me because I have a small bag compared to the ones they drag about. I always carry everything. I've got a nice Under Armor bag and it's taken a pretty wicked beating. And towel??? That's what old T-Shirts are for.
BigFrank 06:38 PM 01-05-2010
Absolute article on getting "yoked"
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/getting_yoked.htm
PeteSB75 06:55 AM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
yea your weird. I think I might make a video as to what is in my bag. Funny thing is the guys I train with make fun of me because I have a small bag compared to the ones they drag about. I always carry everything. I've got a nice Under Armor bag and it's taken a pretty wicked beating. And towel??? That's what old T-Shirts are for.
There's not a t-shirt out there that will take what I sweat out during a spin class. I hang my towel in the shower after I am done so there's not a mess on the floor.

Anyway, pretty good chest workout this morning. Benched 185x5, 195x5 205x3 (PR Reps). Followed up with some incline, and finished with some curls. Had to use a different bar than normal as people were squatting in the curl stations.

Thank god there are very few NYR folks that show at 5 AM. When I worked out in the evenings, it was absurd this time of year.
PeteSB75 07:06 AM 01-06-2010
Absolute article on getting "yoked"
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/getting_yoked.htm

I got nothin.

I really got nothin for the people that will see this article, say "OMG! Dave Tate wrote it, it must be true!" And try to follow it.
The Professor 09:23 AM 01-06-2010
Try to follow it? I'm pretty sure he's been SPYING ON ME. :-) :-)

Mediocre chest day. Did some floor presses (real, not with leg assist) to failure (even had a spotter for the last couple of sets). Hit 195. Failed 205. Followed that with some DB flat bench, Hammer Strength inclines & declines, pull-overs, DB one-arm rows, and cable rotations (internal and external).

Is what it is.... :-)
icehog3 10:07 AM 01-06-2010
Didn't fall asleep until well after 4AM last night, I am draggin' ass. That being said, I will suck it up and hit the gym in about 20, run around doing day off errands, and play hockey once again tonight.

I need to hibernate. :-)
PeteSB75 10:16 AM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Didn't fall asleep until well after 4AM last night, I am draggin' ass. That being said, I will suck it up and hit the gym in about 20, run around doing day off errands, and play hockey once again tonight.

I need to hibernate. :-)
Then you'd miss :-) season :-)
icehog3 10:21 AM 01-06-2010
Then you'd miss :-) season :-)
Yeah...I need to wait until summer, Pete! :-)
Chris. 11:26 AM 01-06-2010
Squatting in the curl stations!!! :-)
PeteSB75 11:30 AM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yeah...I need to wait until summer, Pete! :-)

Well, then you miss :-) season. Maybe hibernate for a month in the spring and a month in the fall?

Originally Posted by Chris.:
Squatting in the curl stations!!! :-)
:-)
PeteSB75 11:42 AM 01-06-2010
Just because it bears repeating every year:

http://www.joethepeacock.com/2005/01...y-to-do-it.php
icehog3 01:05 PM 01-06-2010
Low energy day, not unexpected after a tough, late game last night. Still got a decent workout...and did barbell curls off the squat rack. :-) :-)
Tombstone 01:13 PM 01-06-2010
Tom, how much do you curl with on the oplympic bar.
icehog3 01:18 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
Tom, how much do you curl with on the oplympic bar.
Not much energy today, and I had already done heavy seated dumbbell curls and EZ bar curls....I did 4 sets of 10 with 155.
Tombstone 01:29 PM 01-06-2010
Nice!!
BigFrank 02:34 PM 01-06-2010

lol good post my favorite rule
16. SHUT THE **** UP. No one cares what you bench, used to bench, will be benching, etc. and so forth. Write it in a journal at the gym, and if you really need to talk about it, read it aloud to yourself when you get home.
Tombstone 02:50 PM 01-06-2010

These should be posted in every gym
icehog3 04:36 PM 01-06-2010
lol good post my favorite rule
16. SHUT THE **** UP. No one cares what you bench, used to bench, will be benching, etc. and so forth. Write it in a journal at the gym, and if you really need to talk about it, read it aloud to yourself when you get home.
My favorite was some kid asking me what I could bench at the gym a few years ago. I turned it back on him and asked what the most he had ever benched was. He thought for a few seconds and answered "291".

He was a good kid, but everytime I would first see him at the gym after that, I would say in a loud, guttural voice "Twoooo Niiiinety ONE!!!". I think we both got a kick out of it. :-)
BigFrank 07:39 PM 01-06-2010
lol I did something similar to a guy, who asked me to "work in" before at the commercial gym. His final set he says to me " I need a spot on this one so watch me " he loads the bar up with like 275 or some ****. I ask him if he needs a lift off, he declines. So he un racks the bar brings it down at the speed of light. Now mind you during this speed of light decent, his ass is now at least 8 to 12 inches off of the bench. The bar hits his chest and moves about 3 inches off his chest, which I contribute to rebound off his bird chest. My hands are on the bar and he is screaming " I got this " for about 10 seconds the bar just is stuck there with this guy trembling underneath it. I finally have had enough, and I am frankly tired of the scene. So I yell rack and rip it out of his hands and put it back on the rack. He jumps up off the bench, and before he can even catch his breath he utters 5 different excuses to why he missed this attempt. The only thing I mutter to him is " Don't worry Big Guy you'll get it next time " Mental note, guy is 5'10" 180lbs in 4 pants w/ shoes. So from hence forth I kept calling him "Big Guy" everytime I saw him. Much like Tom, I would yell across the Gym. In the parking lot etc. He stopped going the same time I did to avoid me I think.
BigFrank 07:42 PM 01-06-2010
Ooops Benched Tonight
395x3,3,3,3,3
Mil Press w/ 3" bar
4 boards, 515x1 bad job.
dips
cable crap
band work on rotators

ok night tonight. heavy benching for a few others, one guy hit 605 or 615 ( wasnt paying attention )
Page 161 of 350
« First < 61111151159160161 162163171211261 > Last »
Up