« First < 60110150158159160 161162170210260 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 11:09 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-) :-)

Back today for me too.

T-Bar rows....5 plates for 5 sets of 18

Barbell rows 245 for 5 sets of 12

Cable pulldowns, cable rows, and finally 3x10 pullups to finish 'er off.

Still pumped an hour later. :-)
You are a monster, Admiral. :-)
BigFrank 02:38 PM 01-04-2010
gratz on the PR there Dokk.
The Professor 02:48 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
gratz on the PR there Dokk.
Thanks ... it was only a little one; but it felt strong. If my hands wouldn't have been so sore, I probably could have pulled 465 or 475; alas, I did shrugs on Saturday and farmer's walks yesterday -- both of which shredded my hands up a bit. I really think 500 is in the very near future. :-)

Weirdest thing, though (and I may have mentioned this here before): I had a couple of spots on my upper chest that look like I was sweating blood. I'll get these every once in a while after a heavier day. Looks kind of like a cross between a bruise and like blood was trying to escape from my pores. A petechial hemorrhage, perhaps? It doesn't hurt, though.

You ever get that?
BigFrank 07:01 PM 01-04-2010
Petechiea- is a small (1-2mm) red or purple spot on the body, caused by a minor hemorrhage (broken capillary blood vessels).
The most common cause of petechiae is through physical trauma when excessive pressure is applied to tissue .
Petechiae in this instance are completely harmless and usually disappear within a few days.

In big dumb powerlifter talk, strain your ass off, bust some small blood vessels. Happens all the time to me, when I really go balls to the wall. Nothing to worry about usually gone within 12 hours for me.
The Professor 07:02 PM 01-04-2010
Petechiea- is a small (1-2mm) red or purple spot on the body, caused by a minor hemorrhage (broken capillary blood vessels).
The most common cause of petechiae is through physical trauma when excessive pressure is applied to tissue .
Petechiae in this instance are completely harmless and usually disappear within a few days.
so that *is* what I get, eh? awesome. :-)
Chris. 07:02 PM 01-04-2010
Good, quick workout tonight. I guess everyone is getting in to "get in shape" for their resolution. This place was PACKED tonight. Luckily a bench and squat station were free when I needed them.

Close grip bench
Squats
21's
weighted back extensions
seated cable rows

My lower back was killing me on the drive home! I haven't done extensions in a couple months. It's feeling better now though. I guess it was cramping up while I was driving.
The Professor 07:04 PM 01-04-2010
I hate that. If that starts up again while you're at the gym, go grab a small medicine ball and roll around on it a little, letting it really dig into those muscles. hurts so good. :-)
BigFrank 07:05 PM 01-04-2010
Safety Squat Bar tonight off of a low box 2-4 inches below parallel
520x3,3,0 Last set hit the box and wam bam nothing going on. Dumped into the straps.
Good Mornings
GHR
Abs
Reverse Hyper
BigFrank 07:18 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I hate that. If that starts up again while you're at the gym, go grab a small medicine ball and roll around on it a little, letting it really dig into those muscles. hurts so good. :-)
Get a tennis ball, softball and a lacrosse ball. Then drop 10 bucks on a foam roller. That is all you will ever need. and maybe some icy hot.
The Professor 07:37 PM 01-04-2010
Get a tennis ball, softball and a lacrosse ball. Then drop 10 bucks on a foam roller. That is all you will ever need. and maybe some icy hot.
yup -- I have a roller. it's a life-saver. I just don't keep it in my gym bag b/c there isn't enough room. :-)
BigFrank 08:05 PM 01-04-2010
Time to become a real powerlifter, get a massive bag. Rule is you have to weigh 275+ to get one with wheels though.
Chris. 08:06 PM 01-04-2010
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks guys! I'm gonna feel this in the morning. That's for sure! Not looking forward to Wednesday. LOL
The Professor 08:16 PM 01-04-2010
Time to become a real powerlifter, get a massive bag. Rule is you have to weigh 275+ to get one with wheels though.
sh*t ... I thought I already HAD a massive bag. :-) I've got my Inzer belt, wrist and knee wraps, different bands, shaker, water, straps, etc. ... some days I can't cary the damn thing when I'm done.

then again, I'm a wimp. :-)
icehog3 09:50 PM 01-04-2010
My hockey bag has wheels, and I'm only 240....do I need to trade it in Frank? :-)

Anyone here ever had a Ganglion cyst? I have one on my left wrist, and sometimes it causes pain and interferes with certain lifts, I am told that they can now do arthroscopic surgery on these, and I am considering discussing it with my orthopedic when I go in for follow up on my leg.
GreekGodX 03:51 AM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My hockey bag has wheels, and I'm only 240....do I need to trade it in Frank? :-)

Anyone here ever had a Ganglion cyst? I have one on my left wrist, and sometimes it causes pain and interferes with certain lifts, I am told that they can now do arthroscopic surgery on these, and I am considering discussing it with my orthopedic when I go in for follow up on my leg.
I have a Ganglion cyst in my right wrist. I've never had any pain from it but it seems hinder my ROM a little bit. My doctor told me not to worry about it until it causes me pain or restricts me in anyway.

Looking forward to my workout today. Past 2 workouts I've increased weight in a lot of lifts. I got in 5sets of 3 reps of 275 on the bench yesterday. Last set I could only squeeze out 1 rep but I'm moving up weight next chest workout. Today hit legs with some front squats and box squats with bands :-)
PeteSB75 07:44 AM 01-05-2010
Getting back in the swing of things. Squat and Deads today. Forgot my knee wrap so didn't go too heavy, but did pretty well, and my knee is still feeling ok 4 hours later.
icehog3 08:28 AM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I have a Ganglion cyst in my right wrist. I've never had any pain from it but it seems hinder my ROM a little bit. My doctor told me not to worry about it until it causes me pain or restricts me in anyway.

Looking forward to my workout today. Past 2 workouts I've increased weight in a lot of lifts. I got in 5sets of 3 reps of 275 on the bench yesterday. Last set I could only squeeze out 1 rep but I'm moving up weight next chest workout. Today hit legs with some front squats and box squats with bands :-)
Good job on the bench Christos! :-)

The cyst is casuing me intermittant pain and some ROM issues, so I will see what my doc says next week.
Tombstone 08:59 AM 01-05-2010
:-):-) Funniest thing I have heard all day.
PeteSB75 09:06 AM 01-05-2010
So I'm weird in that the only things I carry to the gym every time are my notebook and my water bottle? I bring a towel too, if I'm going to spin, and a knee wrap if I am doing legs, and sometimes straps if I want to do heavy deads or heavy bar shrugs. Crap. I should get a bag :-)
Chris. 11:08 AM 01-05-2010
Lol the only thing I go to the floor with is my water. I leave my duffle with whey protien and stuff in a locker. I should start bringing a notebook to track my impovements...
Page 160 of 350
« First < 60110150158159160 161162170210260 > Last »
Up