Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 352
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
elderboy02 05:29 PM 02-04-2009
Nice gear Catfish! :-)
JE3146 05:29 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Yep! :-) Hey Jordan, why don't you have a hello kitty avatar over there?
Same reason I don't have one here :-)
JE3146 05:30 PM 02-04-2009
Yep. The revolver will eat anything. I use Remington UMC ammo at the range. I use Speer Gold Dots for self-defense.
Great minds think alike :-)
floydpink 07:33 PM 02-04-2009
Yep. The revolver will eat anything. I use Remington UMC ammo at the range. I use Speer Gold Dots for self-defense.
I shot Remington at the range today. Can't remember the name of the round, but they were jacketed hollow points. Also they were showing me some that appeared to be like a submunition type of round. Had a weird name like "intense defense" or something like that. Goes right through a barrier as well which I don't like with 4 bedrooms of people in my house.

The hollowpoint was filled with a yellow dot, which reminded me of the Blue Glasers I had used in the 357 mag. Apparantly it's a really nasty round that leaves quite a large hole in the bad guy.

I think a few hollowpoints of any variety hitting critical mass will leave a bad guy wishing he took the day off from being a scumbag.
elderboy02 07:47 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I shot Remington at the range today. Can't remember the name of the round, but they were jacketed hollow points. Also they were showing me some that appeared to be like a submunition type of round. Had a weird name like "intense defense" or something like that. Goes right through a barrier as well which I don't like with 4 bedrooms of people in my house.

The hollowpoint was filled with a yellow dot, which reminded me of the Blue Glasers I had used in the 357 mag. Apparantly it's a really nasty round that leaves quite a large hole in the bad guy.

I think a few hollowpoints of any variety hitting critical mass will leave a bad guy wishing he took the day off from being a scumbag.
I believe those are called Critical Defense. In my opinion, they are a new round that does not have a track record yet. I would stick to Federal HST's or Speer Gold Dots. The FBI and most police departments carry Gold Dots.

You are right, shot placement (center mass) is the key and is more important than caliber choice. Does Florida have the Castle Doctrine like Ohio does?
gpugliese 08:12 PM 02-04-2009
Goes right through a barrier as well which I don't like with 4 bedrooms of people in my house.
From what I've been reading, there's not much coming out of a handgun that won't go through sheet rock walls.

The Box 'O Truth has some excellent experiments & documentation if you haven't seen it before.
floydpink 08:32 PM 02-04-2009
I believe those are called Critical Defense. In my opinion, they are a new round that does not have a track record yet. I would stick to Federal HST's or Speer Gold Dots. The FBI and most police departments carry Gold Dots.

You are right, shot placement (center mass) is the key and is more important than caliber choice. Does Florida have the Castle Doctrine like Ohio does?
Exactly right, it WAS Critical Defense. I use Federal HST's but will look at the Gold Dots you mention.

Florida has a castle doctrine as well as a car doctrine basically stating a no retreat rule as well as legal right to assume lethal force if anyone enters your house or tries to enter your car. In other words, if someone enters your house or car, shoot. Liberals haven't ruined that.
Ratters 10:21 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
2 updates

I finally got pics of my rifle

Nice,

I have a Remmington LTR in .223. Love the gun. How's the trigger on yours? Mine SUCKED till I took it out and adjusted it. Pretty easy to do and now it's nigh perfect.

Here's a pic of my buddy shooting it:
JE3146 10:44 PM 02-04-2009
Forget the gun... nice camera :-)
Ratters 11:10 PM 02-04-2009
Ha, that's my buddies. And yes, it's a nice camera.
MarkinAZ 11:28 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
Generic pic of my SA XDM.40. Will post the pic of .40, torch, knife, etc. later when I get home.Image
I agree. Nice gear David. I have a "Surefire 9P" that lights-up everything. Surefire makes a great light:-)
JE3146 11:58 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Ha, that's my buddies. And yes, it's a nice camera.
I should mention the trigger on my Remington 700P in SA .308 sucked as well. I have the fullsize, not the LTR, but the triggers are the same.

Little tuning and it breaks nice and clean now. Little gritty for a single stage trigger, but it does nicely. :-)
smokeyandthebandit05 07:54 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:

I have a Remmington LTR in .223. Love the gun. How's the trigger on yours? Mine SUCKED till I took it out and adjusted it. Pretty easy to do and now it's nigh perfect.

My 700 came with the new X Mark Pro trigger set up. Ive only smot it a little bit but I love the gun
floydpink 11:58 AM 02-05-2009
Here's a pic of the S&W 38sp I picked up with the Uncle Mike's IWB holster I am using when it's not in my pocket, like when I am on the motorcycle.

I really like this a hell of a lot better than my previous Taurus 357 mag and Kel Tec P11 and should have done this in the first place.....

Funny thing; the guy in the shop asked me if I wanted to see the "best gun in the shop to carry?" I figured he was headed for the Sig Sauers, but he grabbed this gun.

elderboy02 12:00 PM 02-05-2009
I use a Desantis Nemesis holster for mine.
floydpink 12:02 PM 02-05-2009
I use a Desantis Nemesis holster for mine.

Have the Desantis pocket holster. Love it.
Teeznutz 01:01 PM 02-05-2009
Sig 229....Thanks all for the cool pics!
floydpink 02:19 PM 02-05-2009
Kinda off topic, but I was looking a pic of Florida today.....

And noticed its shape looks remarkably like my new S&W

And hereby proclaim it the "Gunshine State"
Tim D. 08:04 PM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
You sound like some of the guys over here: http://www.mdshooters.com

Not that there's anything wrong with that :-)
Mark,

Thanks for the heads-up on the MD Shooters website. They definitely look like MY kinda people! :-)
elderboy02 08:45 PM 02-05-2009
Kinda off topic, but I was looking a pic of Florida today.....

And noticed its shape looks remarkably like my new S&W

And hereby proclaim it the "Gunshine State"
Ha ha ha. That is great :-)
Page 16 of 352
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
Up