Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
Sports>Tom Brady
ksknnr 08:51 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Not like him? Are you kidding? I LOVE playing Super Bowls against him.

Looks like he has bigger fish to catch than a suspension. That would only cost him salary for four games. Looks like 50% of all he owns is at risk.
https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-i...d-for-divorce/
I would be more worried if I was her, she makes way more than he does,
[Reply]
markem 09:14 AM 09-03-2015
Personally, I like Fran Tarkenton as a quarterback.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:38 AM 09-03-2015
Deflategate hasn't been easy on him. Even he is human.
[Reply]
shilala 11:52 AM 09-03-2015
I figured these guys would settle for 2 games. Huh.
There's a 40 page ruling on this, and the few findings I saw were just plain stupid on the NFL's part. They can appeal till the cows come home, it's unwinnable.

And by "just plain stupid", I mean the NFL wouldn't let Brady's lawyers depose a witness or share evidence.

Now, tell me this...
With all the lawyers at the NFL's disposal, they had to tell Goodell how this would play out if he didn't play ball.
It was unwinnable.
To me, it seems he played it that way on purpose. Almost had to. He is not a stupid man, not by a longshot.

Just another "keep the NFL in the spotlight in the offseason" contrived soap opera, if you ask me.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:15 PM 09-03-2015
Interesting article in USA Today citing judge's verbiage in ruling.

Says:
"Brady had no notice that a “general awareness” of misconduct by others could lead to discipline."

Say what?:-)
[Reply]
Weelok 12:54 PM 09-03-2015
Deflate the hate!

Brady and Patriots for Super Bowl champions again!!!! Yes!!!!!!!
[Reply]
ksknnr 12:58 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
I figured these guys would settle for 2 games. Huh.
There's a 40 page ruling on this, and the few findings I saw were just plain stupid on the NFL's part. They can appeal till the cows come home, it's unwinnable.

And by "just plain stupid", I mean the NFL wouldn't let Brady's lawyers depose a witness or share evidence.

Now, tell me this...
With all the lawyers at the NFL's disposal, they had to tell Goodell how this would play out if he didn't play ball.
It was unwinnable.
To me, it seems he played it that way on purpose. Almost had to. He is not a stupid man, not by a longshot.

Just another "keep the NFL in the spotlight in the offseason" contrived soap opera, if you ask me.
you are absolutely right with the spotlight on the offseason, you wouldn't even know we had three (four if you count soccer) sports teams in town by listening to the sports radio since this started.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:21 PM 09-03-2015
His real punishment is having to throw properly inflated balls and watching them bounce off of his recievers hands as well as watching the running backs fumble at a rate closer to the league average, not the improbably low average they have had over the last 7 years.
[Reply]
dave 01:24 PM 09-03-2015
^^^

That's exactly why I don't understand the complete disdain for Goodell. NFL is national topic of conversation and/or news almost every day. We're still a week away from the first game of the season.....and all off-season we have NOT been talking about concussions or outrageous ticket prices.....or even wife beaters, child beaters or cell-mate killers. Seems to me he's getting the job done even if cheaters get away with one.
[Reply]
Stephen 01:47 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
To bad for all the haters..Know on for another Super Bowl Run!!
Not with that secondary you're not.
[Reply]
Stephen 01:50 PM 09-03-2015
double post.
[Reply]
Stephen 01:51 PM 09-03-2015
Looks like he has bigger fish to catch than a suspension. That would only cost him salary for four games. Looks like 50% of all he owns is at risk.
https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-i...d-for-divorce/
Meh, even if true, she has a higher net worth than he does.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:24 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Meh, even if true, she has a higher net worth than he does.
Holy crap!
Nearly three times as much as him.
Who would have thunk it,
[Reply]
dijit 02:27 PM 09-03-2015
Interesting article in USA Today citing judge's verbiage in ruling.

Says:
"Brady had no notice that a “general awareness” of misconduct by others could lead to discipline."

Say what?:-)
That means every high school and college as well as professional athletics program will necessarily need to revamp their rule books to include, "if you are dumb enough to get caught then there will be punishment commensurate with the degree of the cheating."

If they dont then it is proof that sportsmanship is dead and its all about the money.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 02:51 PM 09-03-2015
I just give thanks that it's over. My wife worships Tom and is totally thrilled. I think if I had a Tom Brady mask on when she gets home I'd get lucky big time.:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:51 PM 09-03-2015
[Reply]
Dave128 02:54 PM 09-03-2015
:-) :-) Love it, Adam!
[Reply]
Blueface 03:04 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I have just pissed in my pants.:-)

I am stealing that from you.
[Reply]
RJrocker 03:07 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
I just give thanks that it's over.
:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 03:39 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
I just give thanks that it's over. My wife worships Tom and is totally thrilled. I think if I had a Tom Brady mask on when she gets home I'd get lucky big time.:-)
Originally Posted by RJrocker:

You guys obviously did not hear of the forthcoming appeal.
However, NFL will not fight for a stay of the judgment in the meantime, meaning he will play for now.

Fat lady has yet to sing unfortunately.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
Up