Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 129
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 12:25 PM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
A little gain while sick is nothing to be ashamed of. Concentrate on getting well and you'll get the extra off when you are better.

I managed out good on my weigh in today. Down 2 from last week and just shy of 10 lbs gone in total. That's pretty good, but ~235 is normal for me. The hard part will be going below 230 and staying there.
Awesome job, Ian! Keep it up. The last time I lost weight and dipped below 230 (227 to be exact) I couldn't lose anymore. I stayed the same for four weeks straight, even when exercising regularly and eating right. It made me upset, so I took a break. That break turned into a two year absence from trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
[Reply]
kayaker 12:52 PM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Awesome job, Ian! Keep it up. The last time I lost weight and dipped below 230 (227 to be exact) I couldn't lose anymore. I stayed the same for four weeks straight, even when exercising regularly and eating right. It made me upset, so I took a break. That break turned into a two year absence from trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
Thanks. I've been told that sometimes we can hit a wall, or at least a plateau, where the body needs time to adjust. We just have to not get discouraged, stick to our guns, and stick with the plan.

I've also heard that we also have natural weights that will take a great deal of effort to get past. If I can't get lower than 230, but can remain active and eating healthy, I'll be happy enough.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:41 PM 02-19-2009
Thanks. I've been told that sometimes we can hit a wall, or at least a plateau, where the body needs time to adjust. We just have to not get discouraged, stick to our guns, and stick with the plan.

I've also heard that we also have natural weights that will take a great deal of effort to get past. If I can't get lower than 230, but can remain active and eating healthy, I'll be happy enough.
Yeah, when you hit that plateau one has to shake up their metabolism. I know that now, and I'm not gonna get discouraged.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:38 AM 02-20-2009
Still feel rough today. Ate a country ham and egg biscuit for breakfast and a sausage egg and cheese mcgriddle for lunch. Not the most healthy meals in the world, but I hope that putting something heavy in my stomach will help fight off this cold. I was back at 243 this morning. Weight has been fluctuating all week as a result of this cold.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:24 AM 02-22-2009
Tomorrow is the weigh-in. I don't think that I'll have lost any weight. This cold got me this week, plus I ate good on Friday (everybody has to splurge once in a while). I'll be back on track for next week though (if this cold allows). Who knows? I just may have dropped a pound through all of this anyways.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:25 AM 02-23-2009
I don't know how it happened, but it did. I didn't workout one day this week. I overate twice this week. I had a cold and have been weak for four days now. But somehow... somehow... I managed to lose 4lbs. This weeks weigh-in has me down to 242. I don't know how, but I won't complain. :-)
19lbs down so far!

Now to start week 8:

Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: sunflower seeds
Dinner: unknown

Starting to feel better. The cold is almost gone, yet my throat is killing me. Not sure if a workout will be good or not. I think I'll try anyway when I get home. I'll at least go walking.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:55 AM 02-23-2009
Glad you lost a few Andy...

I did not get much exercise last week, but ate pretty healthy. I am back down to where I was two weeks ago!!! I did make it to the gym this morning... and plan on making it every day this week.

Have a great week guys...
[Reply]
Starscream 06:57 AM 02-23-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I am back down to where I was two weeks ago!!! I did make it to the gym this morning... and plan on making it every day this week.

Have a great week guys...
Awesome news! :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:27 PM 02-23-2009
Baked spaghetti for dinner.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:54 AM 02-24-2009
Week 8, Day 2

There's gonna be some shake-up in my diet plans over the next few months. I am going to abstain from all meat and dairy for Lent (except on Sundays). I'm not doing this for dietary reasons, rather I feel that I am led to do so at this time for spiritual reasons. As Baptists, we do not observe the period of Lent (don't know why, we just don't), but it is becoming more "popular" among all forms and denominations of Christianity. I have decided to observe this time period, even though my church is not. No meat or dairy will probably help me in losing weight, but that's not what this decision is about.

With that said, today is Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras), and I'm on a meat and dairy kick today.
[Reply]
goalie204 07:12 AM 02-24-2009
i haven't been able to follow weight watcher here like i wanted to, most stuff is homeade and i havent been able to ask whats in it. Plus some alcohol. I probably lost weight cuz i've been walking and we went to the gym on saturday. I am SO sore, my muscles kill, and i did stretch properly. ARgh
[Reply]
kayaker 08:35 AM 02-24-2009
I thought I was going to be in trouble from the weekend, but looks like I'm back on track to at least stay the same.

Congrats on the lent decision Andy. It will be interesting to see what you use as substitutes. I have a good friend who was an Ovo-lacto vegetarian for 9-10 years and I worked for a couple of months in a field camp with a guy who was vegan.

Myles, don't forget to eat some protein right after your workouts to help repair the muscle damage. It should help with the soreness.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:43 AM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
i haven't been able to follow weight watcher here like i wanted to, most stuff is homeade and i havent been able to ask whats in it. Plus some alcohol. I probably lost weight cuz i've been walking and we went to the gym on saturday. I am SO sore, my muscles kill, and i did stretch properly. ARgh
I know how you feel. After not working out for a while, that first workout will make you sore for days. Hope it quits hurting soon.
I thought I was going to be in trouble from the weekend, but looks like I'm back on track to at least stay the same.

Congrats on the lent decision Andy. It will be interesting to see what you use as substitutes. I have a good friend who was an Ovo-lacto vegetarian for 9-10 years and I worked for a couple of months in a field camp with a guy who was vegan.

Myles, don't forget to eat some protein right after your workouts to help repair the muscle damage. It should help with the soreness.
I don't know if I'm going to use substitues of any sort (no tofu or soymilk for me). I do know that I'm gonna eat a whole lot of grains, nuts, and vegetables.
Good to hear that you're back on track for the week. A couple of days are hard to make up for sometimes.
[Reply]
goalie204 01:07 PM 02-24-2009
well i worked out again today, even tho the muscles were still sore, figured yesterdays no worktout should have been enough to recover, hopefully tmrw will be less sore
[Reply]
piperman 03:47 PM 02-24-2009
Hi Andy
Thanks for the information on Weight Watchers I will have my wife eating right in no time, and I really like the smokes you hid in the box, I am still searching for your address to return the favor, someone will help me, maybe if I look at the box harder I might find it. :-) :-) your time is coming. Sorry did not mean to Hijack your thread. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:08 PM 02-24-2009
Originally Posted by piperman:
Hi Andy
Thanks for the information on Weight Watchers I will have my wife eating right in no time, and I really like the smokes you hid in the box, I am still searching for your address to return the favor, someone will help me, maybe if I look at the box harder I might find it. :-) :-) your time is coming. Sorry did not mean to Hijack your thread. :-)
What address? :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:12 AM 02-25-2009
Week 8, Day 3

Hump Day

Went all out for dinner last night: two slices of pizza, sweet n sour chicken, pork lo mein, and some of the wife's general tso's chicken. Today is Ash Wednesday, and so begins my first day of fasting. No meat is gonna be harder than I thought. I guess I'll get a veggie sub on the run for dinner tonight. I have a meeting after school and church tonight, so it'll be busy all day.
The fasting is a personal and spiritual thing for me, not a diet program, so I'll try to keep it out of this thread for the most part, but I will have to mention it as it does affect my diet greatly.
[Reply]
12stones 06:03 PM 02-25-2009
Just popping in to say congrats to those who've been doing well losing some weight. The signatures are looking good!! Got on the scale today (not an official weigh-in) to see that I was at my lowest in 5 years. Hope it lasts through to Friday!
[Reply]
bonjing 06:50 PM 02-25-2009
wooohoooo!!!! i finally wieghed myself today. just about 25lbs in a little over eight weeks. now to lose more!! my runnning time is getting shorter, but need to do it more than once a week. I have been hitting the gym mon, tue and wed for about 4 or 5 weeks now and have been dieting since about 01/05. now the hard part begins, at least for me.

keep up the good work everyone, we all stumble every now and then, we just gotta pick ourselves up and continue the fight.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:01 PM 02-25-2009
Awesome job to both Ricky and Greg! Glad to hear the great news! Y'all keep it up.

I hope to hit the twenty pound mark by Monday too.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 16 of 129
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
Up