Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Bid
ApexAZ 07:30 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
Sure I am.. I am giving you ideas on more to try.. Opening the door a bit more for ya.
I was just kidding, mainly because I keep buying more and more cigars and I'm reaching terminal velocity on the slope. I can't wait to try 'em. I'm also looking to buy a box of illusione, undercrown and hemingways.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:34 AM 02-15-2012
Go get 'em!!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:57 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
Well if that is to much for you.. That is one of my favorite cigars.. I can take some off..

Try the Diesel Shorty!
I enjoy the DUHC far more than the Shorty. I find the Shorty to be a natural tobacco barnyard flavor and the UHC to be a much more mocha/cocoa profile.
[Reply]
irratebass 08:46 AM 02-15-2012
I just bid on 2 different cigars, but not feeling very good about them and hoping I get overbid.....just think I can get a better a deal somewhere else with samplers, oh well will see what happens, they end tomorrow
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:52 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I just bid on 2 different cigars, but not feeling very good about them and hoping I get overbid.....just think I can get a better a deal somewhere else with samplers, oh well will see what happens, they end tomorrow
That's pretty much why I try not to use Cbid. I bid on stuff and hope it gets outbid.:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 08:53 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
That's pretty much why I try not to use Cbid. I bid on stuff and hope it gets outbid.:-)
Lol, that's kinda f*d up isn't it?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:55 AM 02-15-2012
Signing in now!
[Reply]
Islayphile 08:57 AM 02-15-2012
You should always check your go to sites before placing bids at the debbil site.

I can't tell you how many times I see folks over bidding on items that they could get any ol' time at CI.
[Reply]
jluck 09:04 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by tengel78:
Just buy a marine cooler. You'll never fill that up :-)
Silly silly man....:-)
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Lately it has been terrible on the cbid. I don't know if its a rash of kids with new credit cards or booze is half price but I have watched more auctions close over retail (Not even current market price) Than ever. Why would people use a auction type site to pay more than just ordering it? Maybe just the thrill of out bidding someone.....dunno. :-)
[Reply]
sevans105 09:13 AM 02-15-2012
Frikkin devil site. "Oh, I'll just see what they have today." Now my bid count is 85 cigars. Crap. Hope I get outbid. But not on all of them. Actually I want all of them. Crap. I need more money.
[Reply]
Boz 09:17 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Lately it has been terrible on the cbid. I don't know if its a rash of kids with new credit cards or booze is half price but I have watched more auctions close over retail (Not even current market price) Than ever. Why would people use a auction type site to pay more than just ordering it? Maybe just the thrill of out bidding someone.....dunno. :-)

This frustrates me to no end. I always check a couple of my go-to sites to see what I can get something for on a regular basis and if I cant get it on cbid for significantly less, I dont even bother. It seems that people see that its an auction and automatically think they are getting the best deal (that or they see what cbid lists as the msrp for an item and still think they're getting a good deal). Oh well.
[Reply]
sevans105 09:21 AM 02-15-2012
The other thing I think people forget to factor in is the cbid shipping costs. if you are only buying singles or a fiver now and then, cbid can be a very expensive way to go.
[Reply]
jluck 09:22 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by Boz:
This frustrates me to no end. I always check a couple of my go-to sites to see what I can get something for on a regular basis and if I cant get it on cbid for significantly less, I don't even bother. It seems that people see that its an auction and automatically think they are getting the best deal (that or they see what cbid lists as the msrp for an item and still think they're getting a good deal). Oh well.
YEP! I have screamed the following at my computer a few times; "good god man! WTF? Just right click the mouse and choose "search with Google" or copy and paste in to a couple of the better online sites.":-)

:-)
[Reply]
us_soldier1989 01:15 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by sevans105:
The other thing I think people forget to factor in is the cbid shipping costs. if you are only buying singles or a fiver now and then, cbid can be a very expensive way to go.
Depends on your strategy.:-)
[Reply]
dave 01:46 PM 02-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck
Lately it has been terrible on the cbid. I don't know if its a rash of kids with new credit cards or booze is half price but I have watched more auctions close over retail (Not even current market price) Than ever. Why would people use a auction type site to pay more than just ordering it? Maybe just the thrill of out bidding someone.....dunno.

Originally Posted by Boz:
This frustrates me to no end. I always check a couple of my go-to sites to see what I can get something for on a regular basis and if I cant get it on cbid for significantly less, I dont even bother. It seems that people see that its an auction and automatically think they are getting the best deal (that or they see what cbid lists as the msrp for an item and still think they're getting a good deal). Oh well.

Wouldn't let it get to you guys. If it weren't for the overbids, CI'd have no reason to keep it running and allow some of us to steal a cigar every now and then.
[Reply]
irratebass 04:19 AM 03-01-2012
My Cbid order finally came in, in no particular order:

La Aurora 107 Gran 107
La Aurora Corojo Robusto
Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo
DPG Cuban Classic (Black label)
Omar Ortez Maduro Robusto Grande (x2 Shane has been raving about them, so I had to try em)
Indian Taback SF Super Gordo (x5)
Tatuaje La Riqueza #4 Robusto (x10)

Total $72.95

The AB Max The Fix are not from cbid
[Reply]
ApexAZ 08:15 AM 03-01-2012
Nice, Mickey.
[Reply]
StormShadow 08:55 AM 03-01-2012
Geez I need to get off of that site. I've gotten a humidor, some Xikar Lighters and cutters, and cigars like everyone else.

I will say that I bid and won the Mayan X Cloissone(sp?) cutter and they shipped me the wrong one. Called and the lady let me keep the one they sent instead of waiting about 3 weeks to get the correct cutter. (Im deployed to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba) She looked up the last three auctions and gave me the lowest price and refunded me the difference.

Right now Im waiting on some 5 FFOX Lost City Robustos, 5 Don Carlos Belicosos, 5 Sun Grown Chateau Fuente, and 3 Take 5 AVO Robusto samplers

I need to block the site for a while lol
[Reply]
Islayphile 09:21 AM 03-01-2012
Originally Posted by StormShadow:

I need to block the site for a while lol
Too late...once you let the devil in your heart you're doomed for all eternity

Just look what he did to my avatar!
[Reply]
StormShadow 10:16 AM 03-01-2012
Originally Posted by Islayphile:
Too late...once you let the devil in your heart you're doomed for all eternity

Just look what he did to my avatar!
True! I recieved an email from a friend to the cigarauctioneer website and thankfully I didn't create an account... yet
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
Up