Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 82
« First < 6141516 17182666 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
Ahbroody 06:04 PM 11-21-2011
Pssst. Watching, I could do without all the Jesus is returning hype. He's a great player and I'm sure that people who are fans of his are very excited.
Eleven 06:19 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Pssst. Watching, I could do without all the Jesus is returning hype. He's a great player and I'm sure that people who are fans of his are very excited.
Virtually every one of those Versus dudes were wetting their pants before the game, but I really liked Disco Dan's take during the pre-game interview. He was low-key and under-stating the situation. He let Crosby do the talking on the ice.

1 goal and 2 assists about half way through the game. He looks VERY winded though, but who wouldn't be?
Bruins Fan 08:06 PM 11-21-2011
Nine straight, what a game in Montreal!
Thomas was the difference pitching a shutout. :-)
icehog3 10:48 PM 11-21-2011
Looks like Edmonton shot their wad against the Hawks.
kugie 05:18 AM 11-22-2011
Good Game by the B's in Montreal last Night.

Nine in a row and atop of the Northeast
I know it's early in the season but it was a tough start.

on another note, Good to see Crosby back in the NHL and doing well in his first game in 11 months.
I think the NHL needs his presence. :-)
E.J. 09:36 AM 11-22-2011
Nice night for Crosby....

I hope he can stay healthy. Regardless of my like/dislike for an athlete, it would be terrible to see someone so young(24) and talented, have a career ended due to injury.

As a side note, can anyone think of an MVP like player in a league, lose his career to injury, at such a young age. Gayle Sayers comes to mind, he had like 4-5 years.
Ahbroody 08:52 PM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Looks like Edmonton shot their wad against the Hawks.
Or not. They scored 6 tonight. This team will win a cup in the next 5 years.

Originally Posted by E.J.:
Nice night for Crosby....

I hope he can stay healthy. Regardless of my like/dislike for an athlete, it would be terrible to see someone so young(24) and talented, have a career ended due to injury.

As a side note, can anyone think of an MVP like player in a league, lose his career to injury, at such a young age. Gayle Sayers comes to mind, he had like 4-5 years.
Bo Jackson. Allstar in baseball and football. He was an amazing athlete. His hip injury ended his football career and pretty much his baseball career. I to this day think he was one of the best athletes ever.
icehog3 10:43 PM 11-22-2011
Or not. They scored 6 tonight. This team will win a cup in the next 5 years.
If they get a world class goalie who can stay healthy for a whole season, I agree with you.

Hawks outscored big time the last two games, and the Sharks in SJ tomorrow.....gulp.
Ahbroody 12:48 AM 11-23-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If they get a world class goalie who can stay healthy for a whole season, I agree with you.

Hawks outscored big time the last two games, and the Sharks in SJ tomorrow.....gulp.
I think the Hawks have a great chance. Hawks will play physical and the Sharks have played two extremely physical games against Dallas and Colorado. I thought they were going get beat by the Avs. The Sharks are scoring consistently though. I am guessing its going to be a good one.
taltos 05:07 AM 11-23-2011
Tom, still hoping for a Hawks/Bruins final.:-)
icehog3 08:34 AM 11-23-2011
Me too, Paul, it was looking good for the Hawks until recently, but every team has a couple of slides. Bruins are kicking some ass right now.

I will be watching, Mike, I would feel better about it if Seabrook skates...hoping for a great game either way.
357 10:12 AM 11-23-2011
Bo Jackson. Allstar in baseball and football. He was an amazing athlete. His hip injury ended his football career and pretty much his baseball career. I to this day think he was one of the best athletes ever.
Bo was a freak of nature for sure. His combine stats and 40 time are sick.

4.12 sec in 40 yard dash
6' 1" at about 210-220 lbs

Insane speed with power.
icehog3 10:53 PM 11-23-2011
Ahbroody 11:57 PM 11-23-2011
Hawks outplayed Sharks for pretty much the first 2 periods. The Sharks got the one goal. Third period I would give a slight nod to Sharks. Niemi was the reason the Sharks won no question. I think the Hawks should have won, but as they say sometimes the goalie steals the game.

Sharks take first in the pacific and second overall with two games inhand on Minnesota who has 2 points on the Sharks. The trade between these two teams has greatly benefited both clubs. Given Heatleys history I think in the end Sharks will benefit more. Like I said Tom its a marathon, but I think the Sharks could win the West
icehog3 08:20 AM 11-24-2011
I was so frustrated I could have spit last night, Mike. Redirected goal off Toews' stick, all those chances for the Hawks, but Niemi (and Crawford) were great. Probably a great game but by the end I was too peeved to enjoy it.

Sharks speed looks great once again, and I do like Burns on D.
GreekGodX 10:49 AM 11-24-2011
Wings took big advantage of their PP last night. D and turnovers are a big concern.
icehog3 09:27 PM 11-25-2011
Good comeback win for the Hawks, down 4-2 in the 3rd they score 4 straight. Now they need to win in L.A. tomorrow to make it a .500 Circus Trip.
taltos 06:20 AM 11-26-2011
Nice game yesterday, congrats to the Wings fans. First game that I attended this year. That game was why I so enjoy Original Six games.
Eleven 06:28 AM 11-26-2011
Originally Posted by taltos:
Nice game yesterday, congrats to the Wings fans. First game that I attended this year. That game was why I so enjoy Original Six games.
Although I'm not happy with the outcome of that game, I would have killed to be there! Great atmosphere, high intensity...like a playoff game!
E.J. 07:47 PM 11-26-2011
Avs!!!! Great game by the D today!
Page 16 of 82
« First < 6141516 17182666 > Last »
Up