Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Fans
VTDragon 08:32 AM 10-12-2011
Kinda late in commenting on last week's win against the Jets-Jets-Jets, been too busy.

Overall a good effort against the Ryan AC. Happy to see more balance to the offense, but dissapointed that Ridley was not more effective- guess he needs some education as to where the holes are. Defense was better, but some of that has to be attributed to the ineffectivness of Sanchez & the Jets. Good thing they don't yet realize what a talent they have in Plaxico and how to use him.

Kudos:
B-J Green Ellis .... he's got to be the most underrrated back in the league.
O-line, not perfect, but pretty good against a very good Jets D-line
Tom Terrific - numbers not a gaudy as earlier games, but he handled the pressure very well.

Concerns:
Defensive line - these boys need to get some pressure on the QB
Defensive backs- looking somewhat better in a cover two instead of man to man, but still lacking. Yes, they would benefit from more pressure up front, but they still need to cover.

Up next, Dallas with Rex's brother and his version of the Ryan defense. He made Tom look very bad when he was coaching the Browns and you know that Rex will be giving him some help this week. On the plus side, we can probably count on Romo to implode at some point.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:20 AM 10-12-2011
I expect a massive win by the Pats over Dallas.
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:42 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I expect a massive win by the Pats over Dallas.
Hope you're right, but the Cowboys make me a lot more nervous than the Jets did.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:51 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Hope you're right, but the Cowboys make me a lot more nervous than the Jets did.
I was the most nervous over the Bills, believe it or not.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:50 PM 10-16-2011
I wonder how much they are paying Brady to throw this game?:-)
He is stinking up the place:-)
[Reply]
maconusmile 05:00 PM 10-16-2011
Go Bears!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:28 PM 10-16-2011
Wow they pulled it out on the last drive.
Four turnovers yeah they got lucky.
[Reply]
14holestogie 05:55 PM 10-16-2011
With Brady (and Romo), the game isn't over until it's over. But the ending's usually predictable. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:13 PM 10-16-2011
Game clock was on their side for once this season.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:48 AM 10-17-2011
Time for the Pats to bite the bullet and eat the big money and dump Ochostinko.

He had one ball thrown to him once and ran the wrong route,that was the last we seen of him yesterday.

I say make a move for Brandon Lloyd with the bye week you would get him up to speed on a few plays,we need a receiver that can take the top off the defense.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:55 AM 10-17-2011
Ocho could come into play later in the season. Teams won't cover him as they expect him to drop the ball or screw up... Then all of a sudden he catches the ball.

I hear you, I would trade him if they can, but who wants him at this point? Can he play Special Teams?
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 06:50 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Time for the Pats to bite the bullet and eat the big money and dump Ochostinko.

He had one ball thrown to him once and ran the wrong route,that was the last we seen of him yesterday.

I say make a move for Brandon Lloyd with the bye week you would get him up to speed on a few plays,we need a receiver that can take the top off the defense.
Hahahaha!!! I love it!!! Ochostinko!!!! I knew the Pats picking up that joker was bad idea! Saw him for so many years against my boys and he is so over rated it's rediculous!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 08:44 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
Hahahaha!!! I love it!!! Ochostinko!!!! I knew the Pats picking up that joker was bad idea! Saw him for so many years against my boys and he is so over rated it's rediculous!
He is kind of sad,you would think he was a smart guy?

Brady called his number he broke right ,Brady threw left,you could see Tom chewing him out on the bench that was his last play in the game.
One way or the other he is gone?
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:41 AM 10-17-2011
Whew, pulled out a close one against the Cowboys. Game was pretty much what I expected as Ryan's defense really made Brady work for this game. Nice to see the Pats win one of these close ones.
Some thoughts:

Ochostinko ... I agree he's gotta go. Nice try Bill, but cut your losses and let's see if Taylor Price can play or not.
D-Line -- getting better, still not there, but getting better. I keep wondering just how much of the ineffectiveness of this unit is tied to changing over to a new scheme with virtually no training camp and a bunch of new guys.
D-Backs - this unit needs serious work. A good QB is gonna kill us. Mcourty needs to see a shrink to be convinced he actually has the talent to succeed in this league. He plays way to conservatively.
O-Line ... They did pretty well overall, good run blocking (against a theoretically good run defense), and not bad pass blocking - I know Brady got hit a lot - but...
QB ... Tom is an unbelievable talent but sometimes he thinks he can do more than he can do. Even Aikman commented on what little windows he was trying to squeeze passes into. He was mostly successful and doing so was absolutely needed on the last drive, but one of the interceptions was because of his slight misfire. The other thing is -he is holding the ball too long waiting for receivers to get open. This is probably more of a scheme thing as they were trying to go downfield on a lot of plays instead of the quick passes that they felt Dallas had prepared for, but some of the sacks can be squarely laid on Tom's shoulders.
Receivers ... Both tight ends get an A, Branch did well, Welker did OK for being double teamed all day and Ochostinko didn't show up.
Running Backs ... Gotta love Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis. Just gotta. Ridley and Woodhead looked OK when in there but Benny is the man. It will be interesting to see what happens after the bye week when Kevin Faulk can come back.
Special Teams ... These units need some work. The kicker & punter both are doing very well but our coverage on punts is inadequate, (Welker's gonna get killed) and it gauls me to see so many teams run kickoffs out of the end zone to the 30-35 yard line, especially when we only seem to be able to get out to the 20 at best.

Overall, nice way to finish before the bye week. On top of the AFC East and in control of their own destiny. Next up - The Steelers in two weeks.

[Reply]
Bruins Fan 11:56 AM 10-17-2011
Running Backs ... Gotta love Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis. Just gotta. Ridley and Woodhead looked OK when in there but Benny is the man. It will be interesting to see what happens after the bye week when Kevin Faulk can come back.

That's an easy one,Woodhead will be inactive?
Listening to Brady on D+C this morning he said Faulk was the most clutch player he ever played with,and was looking to see number 33 on the practice field.

We can forget about Lloyd he was just traded to the Rams.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:09 PM 10-21-2011
I don't believe what I heard on the radio Ochostinko is going to give a lecture at Emerson Collage about using Twitter:-)onfused
This is a guy that's making 6 million,has six catches,and only plays the last two minutes when the team is running out the clock.:-)
Chad has been with the team 10 weeks and don't know the play book yet?
I give him two more games before he is cut :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 01:32 PM 10-26-2011
Actually, I only give him one more, this week's Steelers game. I figure that he had an extra week to get familiar with the scheme they are going with against Pittsburg and if he doesn't show something it's Adios Ochostinko
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:57 PM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Actually, I only give him one more, this week's Steelers game. I figure that he had an extra week to get familiar with the scheme they are going with against Pittsburg and if he doesn't show something it's Adios Ochostinko
I am surprised that he has hung on this long. He clearly doesn't understand what it takes to be a team player on a successful team. His 'me first' attitude worked in Cincinnati where the offense was forced to go to him over and over. But when he got to a team where he was expected to play in the system which requires him to run the correct routes, block and give effort on every play, it appears he is getting lost/confused/un-motivated. Its a shame that he was so worshiped in Cincinnati and fans really gave the success of the team (and Palmer) to him, he has truly been exposed as a lackluster player with tremedous athletic ability but little motivation/skill. :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:48 PM 10-26-2011
With Brady you mess up you don't get the ball period.
Once Tom loses confidence in you your done,no one has ever come back from the dog house,you get released. :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 07:16 AM 10-31-2011
Bad day at the office for the flying Elvi this week down in Pittsburg.
Two biggest reasons the Pats got beat:
1.) The Steelers wanted it more. They played with more intensity and just plain out hit the Patriots. It was so evident that even Phil Simms recognized it.
2.) We finally ran up against an offense who schemed to take advantage of our glaring weakness in pass defense. I just hope that the rest of the league was not paying attention, (fat chance).

Kudos to the Steelers, they kicked our butts and deserved the win. The game was no where near as close as the score indicated.

I expect it will be a LONG week of practice getting ready for the Giants. Maybe Bill will even schedule some greatly needed tackeling practice.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
Up