Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 104
« First < 6141516 17182666 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
taltos 12:00 PM 02-23-2009
Wish that the Bruins would get back to playing the way they were for most of the season. Couple of players out really affect the balance of the team.
bugmenot 12:32 PM 02-23-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am looking forward to that Sharks - Wings game Wednesday! :-)
You, myself, and probably every other hockey fan! I missed the last one, but I refuse to miss this one, I'll make sure I get my school work done.

taltos,

They will eventually pull through. Sharks just went through that, and are finally just getting everyone back. Missing 1 or 2 players consistently, can completely change the tempo of the game for ANY team.
SmokeyJoe 10:22 PM 02-26-2009
Went to the HURRICANES - SABRES game tonight. Wow!

Cam Ward was amazing... but Lalime was excellent for the Sabres as well (Miller is out.) 'Canes won... in a flippin' shootout! Sabres get a point, which ties us for the 8th spot.... but only 2 points out of 5th. Wild night in Raleigh! :-)
icehog3 10:27 PM 02-26-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Went to the HURRICANES - SABRES game tonight. Wow!

Cam Ward was amazing... but Lalime was excellent for the Sabres as well (Miller is out.) 'Canes won... in a flippin' shootout! Sabres get a point, which ties us for the 8th spot.... but only 2 points out of 5th. Wild night in Raleigh! :-)
The East is really tight, Joe, March is going to be a great month for hockey. :-)
SmokeyJoe 11:21 PM 02-26-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The East is really tight, Joe, March is going to be a great month for hockey. :-)
Probably academic, though... Detroit and San Jose are absolute beasts! Probably mow through the Eastern Conference. But there is a reason they play the games, isn't there? :-)
bugmenot 12:32 AM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Probably academic, though... Detroit and San Jose are absolute beasts! Probably mow through the Eastern Conference. But there is a reason they play the games, isn't there? :-)
While I think the West is better than the East, once in the playoffs, it can be a disadvantage. Last year I don't think the sharks would have had a chance beating Detriot after going through the flames and stars, just too many hard games in a short period of time though.
SmokeyJoe 12:49 AM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
While I think the West is better than the East, once in the playoffs, it can be a disadvantage. Last year I don't think the sharks would have had a chance beating Detriot after going through the flames and stars, just too many hard games in a short period of time though.
You're right... just hope it ends up well for the East.

Especially my 'Canes! :-)
stevefrench 04:01 AM 02-27-2009
Martin Brodeur's first game back and he gets a shutout. Not too shabby.
:-)
icehog3 08:28 AM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by ESPN.com:
Newly acquired Chris Kunitz will be available, but the Penguins may again be without their captain Friday night when they open a five-game road trip in Chicago, where the Blackhawks kick off a home-heavy stretch run.
Crosby might not play tonight?

Oh......Bummer. :-) :-) :-)
ahc4353 08:48 AM 02-27-2009
Must be he has a hangnail.
mosesbotbol 08:48 AM 02-27-2009
Bruins!
smokeyandthebandit05 12:00 PM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by stevefrench:
Martin Brodeur's first game back and he gets a shutout. Not too shabby.

Hell yeah!!!! Amazing game!:-)
stevefrench 02:35 PM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Hell yeah!!!! Amazing game!:-)
He got another one today! Brodeur has four shutouts in 13 games this season.

motortown 05:39 PM 03-01-2009

While my allegiance in the East goes toward Boston and Montreal, you gotta love Brodeur!!! Dude's sooo good for the league... He's hands-down one of the greatest (if not the greatest) goalie that I've ever seen.
icehog3 08:01 PM 03-01-2009

His 100th career shutout as well.

Originally Posted by motortown:
While my allegiance in the East goes toward Boston and Montreal, you gotta love Brodeur!!! Dude's sooo good for the league... He's hands-down one of the greatest (if not the greatest) goalie that I've ever seen.
He is simply amazing. :-)
Partagaspete 11:41 PM 03-01-2009
If I am not mistaken he is just 6 games shy of Roy's win total.

BTW Nice moves by the Isles. Garth Snow is really putting them in line to get some great draft picks next year. The RE rebuilding starts now. Damn, I hate Mad Mike Milbury!

T
icehog3 08:17 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
If I am not mistaken he is just 6 games shy of Roy's win total.

BTW Nice moves by the Isles. Garth Snow is really putting them in line to get some great draft picks next year. The RE rebuilding starts now. Damn, I hate Mad Mike Milbury!

T
Nothing on ESPN yet, did they move Guerin?
Waynegro1 08:18 AM 03-02-2009
I'm looking forward to the Blues/Wings game on Tuesday. The best in the division against the worst. The Blues are on a 3 game win streak and fighting for their lives. I'll be watching the Avalanche/Islanders game tonight.
motortown 10:35 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
I'm looking forward to the Blues/Wings game on Tuesday. The best in the division against the worst. The Blues are on a 3 game win streak and fighting for their lives. I'll be watching the Avalanche/Islanders game tonight.
One of my cigar buds is originally from St. Louis. The dude absolutely knows his sports trivia and is a complete baseball & hockey nut (probably why I like him!). I know it's killing him to watch the Blues right now, but I keep telling him... look at Chicago. They've made some changes in the front office, they're young & quick on the ice, they've got solid goaltending (Huet's gonna be the man), and they've been getting tougher and more physical, too (well, that last one might be a stretch, but you know what I mean). St. Louis will get there again, as well. And as long as the Wings are in the West (Bettman, you effin' rat!!!!) those are the rivalries that I'd really like to see again.
Waynegro1 10:57 AM 03-02-2009
One of my cigar buds is originally from St. Louis. The dude absolutely knows his sports trivia and is a complete baseball & hockey nut (probably why I like him!). I know it's killing him to watch the Blues right now, but I keep telling him... look at Chicago. They've made some changes in the front office, they're young & quick on the ice, they've got solid goaltending (Huet's gonna be the man), and they've been getting tougher and more physical, too (well, that last one might be a stretch, but you know what I mean). St. Louis will get there again, as well. And as long as the Wings are in the West (Bettman, you effin' rat!!!!) those are the rivalries that I'd really like to see again.
I hope so!! I've been waiting my whole life for a cup. Everytime we seem to have it together it blows up. 1999-2000 season the Blues win the Presidents' trophy with solid veterans and tons of young talent. The Laurie family killed this franchise. They purchased a solid team that was consistent and moving in the right direction. The following off season they let go all the young talent and buy as much "Star" power as they could. That was a huge mistake, just look at history. Remember the Rangers? All the star power and big names in the world doesn't mean you will have a great team. They lost the cohisiveness, the camaraderie, the flow, the know.
Anyway, thanks for the words of encouragement. :-)
Page 16 of 104
« First < 6141516 17182666 > Last »
Up