Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 17
« First < 6141516 17 >
Entertainment>Sons of Anarchy Season 3 - DISCUSSION THREAD
kydsid 03:49 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
The guns were probably transferred to the car from the van along with the body.
Ding. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. The guns weren't the only thing missing from the van that Stahl thought would be in it.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:41 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by rennD:
I agree, ofcourse, that it is fiction. But entertainment for me has a lot to do with the plot. All I am saying is that scene with the roadblock had a hole in it. Luckily that scene didnt fuss too much with the rest of the show. :-)
Carl....Don't ever watch any of the Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark movies....LOTS of holes.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
rennD 04:45 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Carl....Don't ever watch any of the Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark movies....LOTS of holes.

:-) :-)
I do but Lucas Movies > SoA :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:48 PM 12-01-2010
But how can you be entertained with all those holes? :-)

:-) Just yanking your chain.

P.S.... For me, SoA > Lucas anything.
[Reply]
Bill86 04:52 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
But how can you be entertained with all those holes? :-)

:-) Just yanking your chain.

P.S.... For me, SoA > Lucas anything.
:-)

Lucas is so overrated and played out. He had 2-3 good ideas and whored it up for YEARS on a few simple ideas. Star wars lego games? Star wars cartoons? Whore much? I think so. He's all about the $$$ and ruining the original star wars. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:55 PM 12-01-2010
Not trying to start any kind of Lucas bashing or praising here, just saying personally I like Sutter's stuff better. :-)
[Reply]
Ken 09:02 PM 12-01-2010
Man, I don't think I want to watch either Plan 9 from Outer Space or The Walking Dead with some of you guys. LOL! Sometimes you have to shut the brain off and drool while you watch. I understand though. It's rough sitting through the sound effects of cocking a trigger on a Glock.

I think the season finale delivered. Too often I'm just left feeling empty after a season finale. I know several of us felt 'blah' after some of The Shield's. I got my time and monies worth. I'm actually going to watch it again.

And that was a great way for Stahl to go out.:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 08:05 AM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Doh!. Yes, Tara. I was rereading it after I posted and didn't think it was right.
A Tara and Gemma battle? I really don't see that happening. :-)

This was a GREAT finale. I was in awe at the end. Kurt Sutter is a genius.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:10 AM 12-02-2010
I'm a big fan of Lucas, but he killed Star Wars when he created Jar Jar Binks in the Phantom Menace and he killed Indiana Jones with the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I love both of those series up to the aforementioned movies.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:24 AM 12-02-2010
More thoughts....

Did anyone else think that when Wayne was taking off his shield and putting his service piece away in favor of the revolver in his desk that he was going to kill himself?

Also, that circle and cross or T that Chibbs drew on the back window of Stahl's cruiser, does anyone know the meaning behind it? I thought it might have been a Russian symbol so that the murders could be pinned on them.

I also LOVED how Chibbs finished off Jimmy. The slices on his mouth were a nice touch. I hope that his girls get to come back to the states with him. That would be sweet.

The Shield is my favorite TV series of all time, but Sons of Anarchy is in a battle with the Shield for that position.
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:34 AM 12-02-2010
I really loved the Finale. I have to admit, I had Jax pegged as a rat.
I've seen tougher guys fold when they were facing less of a rap.
The best part for me was it could've very well been a series finale.
They tied up all loose ends and paved the way for a whole new storyline keeping things fresh.
I imagine the next time we see SAMCRO they will be 14 months into their sentence,
Unser will be dead, the relationship with the Irish will be cemented, and the beef with the Russians will be settled since SOA will now be supplying them with guns,
paving the way for all new villains and antagonists.
Brilliant writing :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 08:42 AM 12-02-2010
Great Finale! Really enjoyed it even tho i totally saw it coming. A fantastic season overall
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:01 AM 12-02-2010
Really enjoyed this Finale. :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 09:39 AM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
More thoughts....

Did anyone else think that when Wayne was taking off his shield and putting his service piece away in favor of the revolver in his desk that he was going to kill himself?

Also, that circle and cross or T that Chibbs drew on the back window of Stahl's cruiser, does anyone know the meaning behind it? I thought it might have been a Russian symbol so that the murders could be pinned on them.

I also LOVED how Chibbs finished off Jimmy. The slices on his mouth were a nice touch. I hope that his girls get to come back to the states with him. That would be sweet.

The Shield is my favorite TV series of all time, but Sons of Anarchy is in a battle with the Shield for that position.

loved the shield but hated the ending. I hope sons will have a better final ending

this season turned around with these last two episodes and left me pleased after a very blah first 2 months
[Reply]
J0eybb 09:52 AM 12-02-2010
The ending for the shield was perfect. I used to think that was a horrible way out of that show, but it all made it oh so perfect.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:55 AM 12-02-2010
More thoughts....

I DID think that Unser might do that very thing. :-)

I assumed the symbol was IRA... the FBI knew they wanted Jimmy dead. And the end as it came for Stahl and Jimmy were nothing short of poetic. Nice touch on both.

Very satisfying. I think Crystal is right... watching the earlier episodes of Season 3 will be more interesting after seeing how it ended up. :-)
[Reply]
GKitty 09:57 AM 12-02-2010
I believe this is the same symbol that was drawn on Cameron when the IRA killed him. I'm pretty sure it's an IRA calling card.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:25 AM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by goalie204:
even tho i totally saw it coming.
Of course you did. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:06 PM 12-02-2010
I thought Unser would kill himself as well.
[Reply]
Scothew 08:18 AM 12-03-2010
Originally Posted by GKitty:
I believe this is the same symbol that was drawn on Cameron when the IRA killed him. I'm pretty sure it's an IRA calling card.
99% sure you are correct.

Great final episode for the season. It made me smile when they pulled up in the school bus. I still didnt realize who all knew but when the probies honked the horn and they all laughed, one of the best moments of the season.

And im with you guys, I thought Unser was going to go get high and drunk and then off himself.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 6141516 17 >
Up