Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 45
« First < 6141516 171826 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>stirring the pot local B&M vs big internet
rizzle 08:29 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Your question has been answered.

Difference, if any, is due to age.

Before you go there, the earth is round.

Any other questions we can help you with today?
Yes. What happened to Willie? I'm now confused when you post.
ahc4353 08:32 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Al called me Muffin.

MCS
And meant it. :-)
SeanGAR 08:51 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Yes. What happened to Willie? I'm now confused when you post.
Willie has been busy trying to get a position in Obama's administration.

rizzle 08:59 AM 03-05-2009
:-)
The world is right again.
Starscream 09:10 AM 03-05-2009
This is the newest banter thread, where posting adds to your post count.:-)
Stirring the pot banter w/ Legend (and a few others).
14holestogie 09:22 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
This is the newest banter thread, where posting adds to your post count.:-)
Stirring the pot banter w/ Legend (and a few others).
So there is a usefull purpose to this. Yay! :-)
pnoon 09:23 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
So there is a usefull purpose to this. Yay! :-)
Only for those that post count has meaning for.
lightning9191 09:25 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
The one thing that all of the folks on the "it could never be" side continue to say which I've tried to correct. And yes if you continue to think this way then it doesn't make sense and you mock. But I'm not saying substandard. Seconds. Nothing significant. Just noticeable. When you lose that part of your arguement which you hold on to so tightly, your logic fails and the only arguement you have left is cost which is ridiculous. Adding 1 variable to the already many is minimal.

Unless you got something else.

I'll wait.
If it's noticeable, why don't more of us notice it? I'm guessing a lot of cigars are smoked by members here and I would further guess that a large percentage of us buy from the internet and from B&Ms.....but you don't seem to have many people jumping on your train. This makes this scenario seem more like a conspiracy theory to me.
pnoon 09:27 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
I measure self worth by post count. The higher the number the lower the worth. :-)

Nice post count BTW Peter. :-)
Someone has to keep the knuckleheads in line.

So behave yourself, Al. It ain't Monday. :-)
Tom said he's gonna kick your ass for that comment. :-)
shvictor 09:28 AM 03-05-2009
I figured I needed to post in here...
mahtofire 09:53 AM 03-05-2009
Hey guys, this will actually be my first "actual" post but here goes. I was in my local BandM and this topic came up between the owner and myself and a few other customers. The owner, who is a good friend of mine, told me something I have never knew about. Buying cigars online is actually illegal. The fact being, that you are not paying the taxes on the tobacco, which is why it is so much cheaper (at least for me here in MN because our tax is so freakin high). Now, the reason no one is getting caught is because the government isn't seeking out people buying cigars online. They do however, have the authority to go to every online cigar company and ask for records of all their customers then go to their doors and demand they pay the tax that they owe. Which in some peoples' cases (mostly cbid addicts) this could mount up to HUGE amounts of money. Now, I buy cigars online just like a lot of people and love the savings, but I also support my local B&M just about every week. Now, this is just what I have heard, so I thought I'd throw it out there.....
ahc4353 09:57 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by mahtofire:
Hey guys, this will actually be my first "actual" post but here goes. I was in my local BandM and this topic came up between the owner and myself and a few other customers. The owner, who is a good friend of mine, told me something I have never knew about. Buying cigars online is actually illegal. The fact being, that you are not paying the taxes on the tobacco, which is why it is so much cheaper (at least for me here in MN because our tax is so freakin high). Now, the reason no one is getting caught is because the government isn't seeking out people buying cigars online. They do however, have the authority to go to every online cigar company and ask for records of all their customers then go to their doors and demand they pay the tax that they owe. Which in some peoples' cases (mostly cbid addicts) this could mount up to HUGE amounts of money. Now, I buy cigars online just like a lot of people and love the savings, but I also support my local B&M just about every week. Now, this is just what I have heard, so I thought I'd throw it out there.....

Welcome.

Might want to make a introduction thread HERE.
mahtofire 10:02 AM 03-05-2009
Thanks I'm in there! HA!:-)
Starscream 10:10 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Only for those that post count has meaning for.
Can we move this to the banter forum? No post counts there.
SeanGAR 10:13 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by mahtofire:
Buying cigars online is actually illegal. The fact being, that you are not paying the taxes on the tobacco, which is why it is so much cheaper (at least for me here in MN because our tax is so freakin high).
What you're saying is that you don't pay the unpaid taxes on ALL taxable items purchased online on your state taxes? There is a spot for it in Virginia forms .. don't know about your state. In any case, this wouldn't be a case of something being illegal, it would be a case of consumers avoiding payment of taxes due to the State. I can assure you that this loophole will close soon, so buy up.
icehog3 10:21 AM 03-05-2009
What you're saying is that you don't pay the unpaid taxes on ALL taxable items purchased online on your state taxes? There is a spot for it in Virginia forms .. don't know about your state. In any case, this wouldn't be a case of something being illegal, it would be a case of consumers avoiding payment of taxes due to the State. I can assure you that this loophole will close soon, so buy up.
Correct, Sean...and state sales taxes are not collected on most "out-of state" internet purchases, so by that logic my new ABBA CD collection from Amazon.com was an illegal purchase.
Hardcz 10:27 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Correct, Sean...and state sales taxes are not collected on most "out-of state" internet purchases, so by that logic my new ABBA CD collection from Amazon.com was an illegal purchase.
Heck Yea, ABBA RULES!!!!!
icehog3 10:30 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
Heck Yea, ABBA RULES!!!!!
I think you're missing the point I was making, Dan.
Starscream 10:32 AM 03-05-2009
The last time I checked, there was a spot for it in NC too. I'm not sure if anyone actually puts a number on that line, but it's there.
Hardcz 10:36 AM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I think you're missing the point I was making, Dan.

That Amazon is bad?

I prefer the guy at 5 mile and Telegraph that sells stuff out of his trunk. :-)
Page 16 of 45
« First < 6141516 171826 > Last »
Up